JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

Oh, yes, I should have mentioned this. I uninstalled 2015. I fiddled around with the update buttons for 2015- and it told me I wasn't connected to the internet. 

But there is definitely an update for 2016 and when it gets to 40%, then tells me I am not connected to the internet. Maybe something weird going on with my own computer.

Mine is giving me the same message. I thought its a personal issue. Now I know it's not.

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

My 2016 WT-Library installed, updated and operates correctly (even the latest update).  However, another app from the branch is giving me problems.  Tech support is beginning to feel there are problems with the registry files on some computers.  There may be a difference between those who bought computers with Windows 10 installed and some of us who upgraded from Windows 8.  I am working on it.  I am happy the Library continues to work.

On 4/2/2017 at 3:53 PM, jwhess said:

My 2016 WT-Library installed, updated and operates correctly (even the latest update).  However, another app from the branch is giving me problems.  Tech support is beginning to feel there are problems with the registry files on some computers.  There may be a difference between those who bought computers with Windows 10 installed and some of us who upgraded from Windows 8.  I am working on it.  I am happy the Library continues to work.

UPDATE:  I have managed to get all of my Watchtower apps working at last.  The WT-Library has always worked, but my other apps would fail during loading.  I completely cleaned the Windows 10 program and registry files, eliminated any unnecessary  or extraneous apps and programs, searched out all "Potentially Unwanted Programs" (PUPs) and removed them.  I updated all of my drivers, reinstalled the misbehaving app and all works as it should now.  YEAH!

My WTLibrary updated yesterday while online and works fine. I use Linux with WINE. Does anyone have a link to the update file that I can download for some brothers that don't have internet access? I was able to do that for update #1. When applying update manually, WT Library ask for path to a file with .updatepkg  extension. My question is, where can I find the file for update #2?

Our congregation still does not have the WTLIB 2016 DVDs.

Luckily Fortunately Blessedly Anyway, I'm glad I have it already thanks to you guys...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Our congregation still does not have the WTLIB 2016 DVDs.

Luckily Fortunately Blessedly Anyway, I'm glad I have it already thanks to you guys...

Send me a stamped self addressed enelope and I will send you an official DVD.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I got the library installed by the attendant of my  SGO'er  on my computer yesterday! Yay! Finally! 

Edited by loving life

Correction

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

• 3 weeks later...

And it was a big one.  Mine was something like 300 mb in size and took a while to download and install.  

On 4/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, Sheep said:

Good. Now if only they would deliver some DVDs to our congregation... :( Then I could jump up and down too!

I feel bad, we somehow ended up with a double order, it seems we have like 20 or 30 extras.  I need to put them in the to share inventory for other congregations.  

20 hours ago, The Deej said:

And it was a big one.  Mine was something like 300 mb in size and took a while to download and install.  

I feel bad, we somehow ended up with a double order, it seems we have like 20 or 30 extras.  I need to put them in the to share inventory for other congregations.  

We still don't have our 2016 DVDs yet. Could you consider sending some of those extras up here?

I was visiting a neighbouring congregation today, and that congregation has them already! I asked the literature servant for one, but they're all spoken for. He told me they've had theirs for a couple of months! Our hall is only a 10-minute drive from theirs, but ours are nowhere to be found! :angry_cursing:

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

We still don't have our 2016 DVDs yet. Could you consider sending some of those extras up here?

I was visiting a neighbouring congregation today, and that congregation has them already! I asked the literature servant for one, but they're all spoken for. He told me they've had theirs for a couple of months! Our hall is only a 10-minute drive from theirs, but ours are nowhere to be found! :angry_cursing:

I'd be happy to mail mine to you. PM me if you are interested. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/2/2017 at 0:53 PM, jwhess said:

Hmmmm My HP Envy was new 3 years ago, it came with windows 8, then I upgraded to 8.1 then last year I upgraded to the full windows 10 from a disk that we can get for $10.00 from work, so far its been flawless.  I really like win 10.    This HP even 3 years ago came 16 gigs of ram and a 1 TB hard drive.  Last year I started having a bit of trouble with the hard drive so I swapped it out for a SSD which runs 5 times faster and no heat issues anymore.  My last laptop was over 10 ears old with a 40 gb hard drive.  I really got my money worth on that one.  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 9:50 AM, bohemian said:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I got my 2016 dvd at the meeting last night!  Now installed and it is downloading updates.

:ecstatic:

On 4/14/2017 at 7:15 PM, Sheep said:

Good. Now if only they would deliver some DVDs to our congregation... :( Then I could jump up and down too!

Aha! Finally  our congregation got the DVDs! :backflip::yes:>:D<(:P)(tu):ecstatic::dance::loopy::bouncing::gun-toot: (They must be really swamped at bethel.)

Now, at long last, I can to see what this thread is all about! :ok:

On 4/29/2017 at 4:49 PM, WilliamChew said:

WT LIB 2016 Update 3 has just been released.

Version 18.0 Build 7038

Has anyone kept track of when the WTLIB updates are released?

I'd like to know if they are on a set schedule...

6 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

Update 2 was released end of March.  Update 3, end of April.  Update 4 ...

That's what I was thinking. Update 4 should be any day...

2 hours ago, iambryan said:

Downloading now :)

watchtower_library_update4.JPG

Is that update 4?

Just now, iambryan said:

yes :)

Thanks, I'll update in the morning. 

So it looks like we are getting updates at the end of each month, that's good to know...