JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1444 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Is very appropriate that we are reading Jeremiah.  We may get discouraged if the news media and Russian authorities don't react to the letter campaign but we need to view it as part of our ministry, expect a tepid response and not get discouraged.

*** w16 March p. 27 Imitate the Spirit of the Prophets ***
We exert ourselves vigorously with the help of Jehovah’s spirit; still, we may at times be discouraged because of the way people react to our message. We do well to recall the example of the prophet Jeremiah. He experienced ridicule, insults, and jeering because he proclaimed God’s message to the Israelites. At one point, Jeremiah even said: “I am not going to make mention of him, and I will speak no more in his name.” Jeremiah was a man with feelings like ours. Nonetheless, he kept delivering God’s message. Why? The prophet added: “But in my heart it became like a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was tired of holding it in; I could no longer endure it.”—Jer. 20:7-9.

Similarly, if we are discouraged because of people’s response to our message, we can fight off that feeling by meditating on the message we proclaim. It can be like ‘a burning fire shut up in our bones.’ Making Bible reading a daily habit can keep that fire burning within us.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, retroHelen said:

This site seems to be OK and OK in it's reporting : http://www.biblefriendlybooks.com/2017/03/worldwide-letter-writing-campaign.html

Bill is one of our brothers and quite well known around the net. He used to write a column in an online paper called, from memory, The Examiner, but it closed down which is when he started his blog. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, MentalProject said:

I haven't seen this posted yet from NBC

nothing new yet - still last weeks news   ...   

be POSITIVE and keep a close eye on World News this week/month ahead!   

...   and jw.org  +  tv.jw.org  too for updates - my feeling is that we all will be pleasantly surprised !

whatever your expectations and no matter what happens or doesn't happen -  the TIMING of all of this is absolutly amazing!

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17040222-126.html 

Russia continues to have many of its own daily problems   ...   http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39481770

Edited by timpin

19 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Victoria's post about JW being an "American religion" above reminded me that Greek Orthodox have always used that to attack us witnesses here in Australia too.  I imagine in Greece it would be the  same.  In Sydney in the area where I got the truth, there were 3 Greek Orthodox churches in our territory (very "devout" area).  One of them was on a corner, and had a huge poster showing the Greek Priest kicking out a cowboy-ish looking "witness" holding literature back to the map of America.  We were told that a lot at the doors.

I remember seeing in another post Putin mixing it with the Greek Patriarchs, as they share a common religion - Ortho (meaning "right") Doxy ("religion"). Same tactics used in both countries by fanatics of ritual and superstitious control.

Jehovah's Witnesses are actually the orthodox religion and the state religion could be considered a cult according to this argument:

"A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society. The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible. Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion. They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people." --- rs p.202, par. 2

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

On 4/2/2017 at 2:30 PM, Sunnyside said:

As an ally of Russia in an African country, ( wont mention which one for its still not open knowledge ) the government of the land has frozen the local branch's bank account.

The above comment had me curious so I did a quick search with the phrase "African countries allied with Russia."  There are six AFR nations with close ties to Russia.  (I prefer not to post the name of countries here but it's easy to find.)  I surmise that when a powerful country as Russia gives military, technical and humanitarian aid to any country (for many years), that nation is bound to reciprocate in fashion - namely "loyalty and complete alliance to the Kremlin."  Money talks!

Their alliances are solidly locked! :lock:

Edited by Omo_Yeme

16 hours ago, retroHelen said:

The video cilip at the end of the 'Russia' video is on youtube from a few years ago and it was a flashmob of JW's in a tourist area of UK singing to tourists outside a Roman Baths in the city of Bath. The person who cribbed it to use on the end of the video will have known where they got this as it is properly described at the beginning of the Youtube video - the bit at the end of this  is what has been cribbed. We would not be following proper guidelines to sing outside Government buildings. it would be foolish and disrespectful:  

To be honest I don't think singing in the street is a good idea. Maybe in other countries it is OK. But I don't understand the purpose. Anyway in Russia we would be arrested for it and probably fined. It would be considered as a public meeting.

Hi Sister Victoria

While our letter campaign may be finished right now, please know that everyday we are still thinking of you and the thousands of our fellow brothers & sisters there in Russia!  And not just thinking, but I know many of us are remembering to pray to Jehovah every single day, some even several times a day, specifically asking that Jehovah help all of you!  :pray:

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I was wondering if you could give us a brief update as to how the local brothers/sisters in your area were doing this weekend with only a few days before the possible decision

on APR 5? We appreciate any news or updates you can give us, thank you! :)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

9 hours ago, Lemuil said:

Terrorist attacks in St. Petersburg
Real extremism just before the start date of hearing in Supreme Court.

Here's another link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/03/europe/st-petersburg-russia-explosion/index.html

It's a horrific thing. Hopefully at least, many people will see a clear difference between us peace-loving Jehovah's Witnesses and those who love-violence.

I just got the RT News app for Android on my phone..supposedly it has more Russian news than other networks..but I also found this picture of a nearby asteroid..another won't be this close for over 400 years! It came to mind...hmmm..:lol:

Screenshot_2017-04-03-21-15-03-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

I just got the RT News app for Android on my phone..supposedly it has more Russian news than other networks..but I also found this picture of a nearby asteroid..another won't be this close for over 400 years! It came to mind...hmmm..:lol:

Putin will blame us for this - this is why we are extremist.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Hi Sister Victoria

While our letter campaign may be finished right now, please know that everyday we are still thinking of you and the thousands of our fellow brothers & sisters there in Russia!  And not just thinking, but I know many of us are remembering to pray to Jehovah every single day, some even several times a day, specifically asking that Jehovah help all of you!  :pray:

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I was wondering if you could give us a brief update as to how the local brothers/sisters in your area were doing this weekend with only a few days before the possible decision

on APR 5? We appreciate any news or updates you can give us, thank you! :)

Thank you very much! I am sorry I am busy right now so I will tell you later.

15 hours ago, Bob said:

I saw something similar myself, but the Russian Government can read the instruction sheet we were given which would directly contradict the content of those letters, and so can the entire world. That's a risky move for them. We already know they're liars, but then the whole world will know they're liars too.

A letter basically dissenting from our explicit instructions and that is out of character when compared to the millions sent, would only raise red flags in the minds of rational thinkers anyway.

I have heard that opposers have used emails to express themselves.  I have no idea if that is true, or not, but recall that we were told  not to email  ..

Can you imagine the displeasure in Russia if their computers  get all tied up with, well, too many people agreeing with them and supporting them? How can you be mad at someone who is urging you on, condoning your actions? 

Yeah,  I know. ...

That will be our fault as well. ...

13 hours ago, Lemuil said:

Terrorist attacks in St. Petersburg
Real extremism just before the start date of hearing in Supreme Court.

I was expecting this to happen in Moscow tomorrow, on Wednesday, with a hundred-fold intensity. The brothers on lockdown in the court building while chaos ensues outside. I felt that would have been perfect. But my ways are not Jehovah's ways...

28 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I was expecting this to happen in Moscow tomorrow, on Wednesday, with a hundred-fold intensity. The brothers on lockdown in the court building while chaos ensues outside. I felt that would have been perfect. But my ways are not Jehovah's ways...

They could get the wrong idea then.

5 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

You looked on until a stone was cut out, not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of clay and crushed them.

1 hour ago, Bjern said:

Just a heads up: RT is an especially untrustworthy news channel.

I check RT and western media as well ... 

Biased ..yes.

Untrustworthy ...  ??? They are ALL untrustworthy mate! :zipmouth:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)