JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DHL Express refuses our letter packages going to Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2578 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

First, an SMS stating that DHL Russia has started to refuse receiving documents (containing letters to officials) coming from the Philippines was circulated.

We ignored it and proceeded with sending ours. (The DHL staff accepted it with no problem.)

After a few hours, our friends are trying to send the same package, but the DHL staff refuses to process it.

They said that DHL Russia is not accepting any documents anymore from the Philippines. :confused:

Any news about this? 

P.S.: We use express delivery services instead of sending it thru postal office because it is faster. Otherwise, our letters will reach Russia after a month.

Just now, Danni said:

First, an SMS stating that DHL Russia has started to refuse receiving documents (containing letters to officials) coming from the Philippines was circulated.

We ignored it and proceeded with sending ours. (The DHL staff accepted it with no problem.)

After a few hours, our friends are trying to send the same package, but the DHL staff refuses to process it.

They said that DHL Russia is not accepting any documents anymore from the Philippines. :confused:

Any news about this? 

P.S.: We use express delivery services instead of sending it thru postal office because it is faster. Otherwise, our letters will reach Russia after a month.

Why are you going throught DSL, is there no government postal system in the Phillipines?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

15 minutes ago, Danni said:

Any news about this? 

Hmm...it appears that there is little choice then but to post via the postal office. It may take a month, but it will get there, and it will still contribute to the campaign.

Is there another express Service in the Phillipines? 

I pray they get to Russia.

Agape.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

1 hour ago, Danni said:

Any news about this? 

When did they try to send their letters, brother? A brother from our congregation sent our letters using DHL a while ago.

I checked out DHL here in Aussie, One time I needed to post something in a Hurry. They took forever. werent that great. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

DHL in the Dominican Republic is giving a JW discount to mail packages to Russia.

It would cost us $85 US dollars to send a 2 pounds via postal mail service. Taking 8 business days to arrive.

DHL is charging $29.75 for 2 pounds and will take only 4 days.

We are mailing our 80 letters today to arrive on Friday.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

We are mailing our 80 letters today to arrive on Friday.

Good job on getting your letters on the way...

If you have not yet added them to the total of letters sent, Brother Olds thread, may I encourage you to do so?

It will be interesting to see what that number will be. Nothing official,  just out of curiosity. ..

Good job on getting your letters on the way...

If you have not yet added them to the total of letters sent, Brother Olds thread, may I encourage you to do so?
It will be interesting to see what that number will be. Nothing official,  just out of curiosity. ..

81 added to that thread

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Is there another express Service in the Phillipines? 

I pray they get to Russia.

Agape.

yes, there are 2 other options in our place. but dhl is the most affordable for us.

19 hours ago, simple.eyes said:

When did they try to send their letters, brother? A brother from our congregation sent our letters using DHL a while ago.

march 25, saturday. a few hours after we send the first package.

14 hours ago, rocket said:

I used to have the same problem but I had fun with it.  That was before the word "brother" appeared below your avatar.  :lol1:

Wow, Lynn! All this time, I've been thinking........oops! Guess I should have scrolled down a line to see the "brother" part. teehee

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Recently, I had a chance to ask several other brothers and sisters; they don't have problems sending theirs thru DHL.

I just wondered why some of their outlets (in Manila) refused to accept.

The great thing about this letter writing campaign is that whether or not your letters gets there or they get there late or they are thrown in a pile never to be looked at that doesn't matter.  There are several things being accomplished here.  One it stirs and builds our own faith like nothing some of us have ever experienced before.  Two it show the whole worldwide brotherhood and the world in general that we all stand united as one in serving our Grand God Jehovah.  It also shows our own faith in following the direction from the slave, and in fact made me think of the future time when we will all have to follow directions that are not as easy as this one was, sort of a trial run of things to come.  What an awesome testament to how we feel not only about or brothers and sisters around the world but what great respect we continue to show to the world's governments even when we are being treated unfairly.  That speaks volumes about us and a group and as individuals and to the organisation but even more to Jehovah God.    

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)