JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Clicking on "More Songs" has improved.  It list the songs and clicking on one will play the video version of the song.  So for Public Talks, this is the way to play the song.

Still no way of showing other pictures or videos, so will need to use another app if speaker wants pictures for his talk.

Testing for stability.   Seems so good so far.  If can be used with crashes, then may put forward to be used at the meetings.

The pictures also show in the "Show Media" tab.  So this is the promised update so JW Library can be used to display pictures for the meetings on the KH screens.  And when nothing else is showing, the yeartext is displayed.

This is good. You can also see the image text in the Show Media Tab.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 7/15/2017 at 2:16 AM, Jonathan77 said:

The pictures also show in the "Show Media" tab.  So this is the promised update so JW Library can be used to display pictures for the meetings on the KH screens.  And when nothing else is showing, the yeartext is displayed.

We have the update with the images....

How do you show the text instead of a black screen?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I wonder if this particular update is specific for Windows 10, since it seems more suited for use at meetings, or if we'll see similar functions in iOS and Android.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I wonder if this particular update is specific for Windows 10, since it seems more suited for use at meetings, or if we'll see similar functions in iOS and Android.

Johan

Can you project onto a second screen with Android or iOS, like you can with Windows?  If so, it will be a useful feature, and could even benefit congregations with limited funds as they could used an Android tablet for their media needs.  I expect that since these functions are primarily for the meetings, and since many Kingdom Halls use Windows PCs, getting them on Windows was the priority.

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

The yeartext is shown automatically when nothing else is playing on the second screen.

When nothing else is showing on our second screens, We have a black screen with the JW logo bottom right

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

We now have a countdown timer display on the monitors,  along with the text...

Are you using the JW app or sound box

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 7/14/2017 at 6:12 PM, Old said:

I couldn't find an update tab at Windows Store, nor on JWLibrary for Windows 10 on my PC. However, when I opened JW Libray it appeared to be loading something for a long time. Must have been an update since when I opened JW Library again it ran very fast. This program had been useless on my PC because it took forever to load and then slowly. Now it loads almost as fast as my ipad version. I still can't see which version is current. :D

In the Windows Store page, the top right side should show a "search" box.  Right next to the box (on the left edge) should be your "avatar" picture or symbol.  Click on that picture and the second line down in the menu is the updates command.

13 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I haven't looked into this thread lately; can someone give me the date of the latest jwlibrary update? Thanks.

Likewise and post the system addressed by the update.

I also think it a good idea to name the system addressed in the various comments in this topic. The latest update for (Pick one: IOS, Android, Windows.) It is confusing to find I have been pursuing and update for IOS when the previous poster appears to be talking about an update for Windows, but failed to advise us.

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

In the Windows Store page, the top right side should show a "search" box.  Right next to the box (on the left edge) should be your "avatar" picture or symbol.  Click on that picture and the second line down in the menu is the updates command.

Thanks, I will check that out.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

After I updated the App on our KH laptop, it did not show the Yeartext when no pics are open.

Same happened on my personal Laptop. But today, at work and after the app was open for a while, it suddenly started displaying the test.

Looks like even after the update, it still has to load all sorts of other things in the background.

What is the countdown time thing along with test about. We don't see that...

Edited by Jako

Any reports on the stability of the update?

I have continued to use Soundbox during the meetings, because the previous releases of JW Library have just been too unstable to use and just randomly crash when I least expect it. Not good in the middle of the meeting. :(

4 minutes ago, Ross said:

Any reports on the stability of the update?

I have continued to use Soundbox during the meetings, because the previous releases of JW Library have just been too unstable to use and just randomly crash when I least expect it. Not good in the middle of the meeting. :(

Since November last year we have used JW Library. Never has it crashed in all the time we have used it. The app is fine. 

1 minute ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Since November last year we have used JW Library. Never has it crashed in all the time we have used it. The app is fine. 

Interesting, thank you. Think i'll reinstall Windows 10  and see if a fresh install helps. 

We used the JWL App for the first time yesterday and it crashed 3 times right off.  Had to reboot the system to finally get the first song of the meeting. No other problems during the talk and Watchtower study.

Don't see a countdown timer as mentioned previously.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 minutes ago, IliasBosman said:

Countdown timer is not implented in JWL app.

only soundbox.

greets, 

All the more reason to identify the app/OS when posting. I too searched, reloaded JW Library trying to find the countdown timer. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

All the more reason to identify the app/OS when posting. I too searched, reloaded JW Library trying to find the countdown timer. 

Maybe we should have separate threads for each system?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”