JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

When did we start having 2 copies of the Watchtower for our study lesson?

One is the regular study copy and the other is just the questions.

ques.JPG

Hi Brother Hess..I remember when the study questions for the Oct. 2019 Wt. came into "what's new" in our app and some of us downloaded it! You and I are 2 of those people, apparantly, and so now we see this under the meetings of those weeks! Yes, I even added the "study questions" of the Oct. Wt. to my Favorites..so mine has a star on it still! No other months have "study questions", that may be why some say they don't have any..:coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

3 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

But why do we need just the questions, is

Looking ahead, maybe while meeting "in the woods, basement, attic", we can study at home and not bring an electronic device or paper publications with us..but have the answers to the questions in our mind..ready to share...the conductor can quickly copy the questions onto a tiny piece of paper..then if the police are coming, he can quickly dispose of the tiny paper! There would be no evidence to arrest us, and no devices to confiscate!! Haha! Sorry..I have an inflated immagination!😄

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

When did we start having 2 copies of the Watchtower for our study lesson?

One is the regular study copy and the other is just the questions.

The questions showed up on my PC today, they do not appear on my Ipad.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Hi Brother Hess..I remember when the study questions for the Oct. 2019 Wt. came into "what's new" in our app and some of us downloaded it! You and I are 2 of those people, apparantly, and so now we see this under the meetings of those weeks! Yes, I even added the "study questions" of the Oct. Wt. to my Favorites..so mine has a star on it still! No other months have "study questions", that may be why some say they don't have any..:coffee:

They appear in December studies (now). Only on weeks 12/2, 12/9, 12/16 an 12/23 but not on 12/30. Do you suppose it is related to our previous download of the questions?  Strange...

Edited by jwhess

No, just downloaded  them today. I don't use  PC version of JW libray very often and just went to PC to investgate.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 hours ago, Francesco said:

I haven’t it on my iPad 6th generation with iPadOS 13.3

Br. Francesco,  My wife has an Ipad Pro (running IpadOS 13).  She had downloaded the original "questions only" release of the October Watchtower several months ago.  I just checked and her tablet shows both entries on the Ipad also.

So it is not dependent on the device or operating system.  Sorry the picture is blurry...

20191204_115508.jpg

That doesn’t come up on my device. But why do we need just the questions, is it meant for the conductor? What is the code/ what is the link to download the study questions?

The questions are used for languages where the Watchtower is not yet available. The questions (which is a separate publication) are translated into the minor language, and the paragraphs may be read in some other language a majority can understand.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The questions are used for languages where the Watchtower is not yet available. The questions (which is a separate publication) are translated into the minor language, and the paragraphs may be read in some other language a majority can understand.

Thanks, Br. Johan.  I know they are produced and your explanation as to why they are made is the same as I have heard before.

But why are they on my device?  And only on part of my devices.  My wife's Ipad has the questions but my (identical) Ipad does not.  My Windows PC has them but my Windows tablet does not. Neither of my Android phones have them...

Thanks, Br. Johan.  I know they are produced and your explanation as to why they are made is the same as I have heard before.

But why are they on my device?  And only on part of my devices.  My wife's Ipad has the questions but my (identical) Ipad does not.  My Windows PC has them but my Windows tablet does not. Neither of my Android phones have them...

They are on your device since were on the public server for a brief period. You will probably find that they are of no use to you. The abbreviation for this publication is wqu.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 11/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, jwhess said:

I do not think this will solve the problem, but... In your screenshot you can see the "refresh" icon in the upper right corner.  When you are on that home page, try selecting or pressing that button.  See if the automatic "refresh" will help.  Just a thought.

clip.JPG

Thanks for this tip. I will try it out and see what happens. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 11/30/2019 at 9:14 AM, RichardPNZ said:

Quick guide to fixing most android issues.

generally  following these steps till the problem is solved  fixes the majority  of problems.

1 Restart phone

2 check and instal  updates for app then android

3 Clear cache settings -> apps -> app name -> storage

4 reinstall app 

Most issues will not require a reinstall

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them our. 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:49 AM, SUNRAY said:

Hi again! The brother suggested a factory reset...Even if the JW L app is fixed, the sister's tablet takes 5 to 7 minutes to turn on and will not connect to wifi without a restart!!. I called Samsung and they agreed because the tablet is 5 years old and a reset can do a lot of good as far as removing any data gathered over time. So tomorrow my husband and I will go to the Kingdom Hall to use the wifi there and do the reset.....:facepalmpo2:

Thanks. I will try out the factory reset too and see what happens. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 12/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, jayrtom said:

I can share to wol throughout the app and I'm on android

image.thumb.png.3d69906a5bb8f65cceaf9f7e0e9d7db0.png

From within a publication yes, but can you open the publication in WOL without opening an article (from home screen for ex)? That's what seems to have disappeared. Current version is 11.4.1 (54965).

Good news! With this latest update, 😀 my favorites on Android tablet is back! YAY!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

From within a publication yes, but can you open the publication in WOL without opening an article (from home screen for ex)? That's what seems to have disappeared. Current version is 11.4.1 (54965).

The link to the WOL is available on the home screen. As for publications, I’m not aware that you ever could open a random publication from the home screen. You can, however, open any article or media in either WOL or jw.org. Do you mean something else?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, keypunch said:

Nothing has chenged except the fact that before you had a menu item saying "open in WOL" and now you have a menu item saying "Share" and then you can choose if you share to wol or any other pub, for example sending a message to a friend with an article from JWLibrary