JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

22 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Wasn't it doing that for some time now?

I thought so too, but it could be when scrolling up the navigation panes at the bottom and top disappears thus making it go full screen. [Maybe]

Edited by mserskine

I couldn't help but notice during the meeting part showing the video's of how to use JW Library for Android, there was an older sister to our left who had an iPad and she was desperately trying to get that "navagation drawer" to slide out and couldn't!  During the whole 15 minutes she tried everything to get that slide out drawer to come out.  I admit, I got a chuckle from watching her but I felt bad for her too.  Apparently even though the brother giving the part said the video's were for Android devices and it said Android in big letters at the start of each video she didn't realize that it was only for Android devices.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Does she even know what an Android device is?  Some of our brothers and sisters have a "tablet", they have no idea what kind of tablet.  Someone saw my tablet and asked why their iPad is not like that.  Simple - its not an iPad.  What is it then?  came the reply.  I think I'll leave straight away after the meeting tonight to avoid the questions that might follow after watching the videos.

48 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

Does she even know what an Android device is?  Some of our brothers and sisters have a "tablet", they have no idea what kind of tablet.  Someone saw my tablet and asked why their iPad is not like that.  Simple - its not an iPad.  What is it then?  came the reply.  I think I'll leave straight away after the meeting tonight to avoid the questions that might follow after watching the videos.

Neophyte:  "You have an iPad, right?"

Me: "Actually, I have a tablet, but it's an Android".

Neo: "Oh, well, I have a question about my iPad. How do I ......"

Me: "Go see Sr. Apple. She can help you".

En of the night, Sr. Apple had several people waiting to talk to her.

Well, she should know what kind of tablet she has because her husband is a self proclaimed "techie" .  He started with an iPad, then went on to get a Samsung Android tablet and now has a Windows tablet.  He was doing something else during that part and wasn't sitting next to her at the time, otherwise I think he would of told her.

Ok I had sample presentation part tonight and after I asked question about the mobile device a brother said it was an apple 🍎 device... I stared at the brother...😁 (I assisted him into the truth)... The apple device users in my hall know I'm android and give me the business!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

On 5/4/2016 at 2:27 PM, jwhess said:

Sister Peggy,  If you have an Apple device, open JW-Library.  The daily text is listed in an icon on the bottom of the screen.  If you have a Windows device, open JW-Library and the daily text icon is on top of the screen.  If you have an Android device, open JW-Library, click on the 3 horizontal bars on the top left side of the screen (or swipe from the left to open the navigation pane).  Then choose the daily text from the menu.

I've managed quite nicely , as finding your way around on the web pages really isn't that difficult once you've handled a tablet, or even a desk top. But this past Sunday a sister had received a tablet as a gift. She had no idea of how to navigate, and during a talk or WT study is no time for lessons.

I must admit that I find the "navigation drawer" a nifty feature.  Shame its only on Android.  Swiping from the left on Windows 10 brings up the Task View of open apps.  A similar thing is there by swiping down, and Windows has the scrolling home screen with everything on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Now there is a Support Our Worldwide Work link on the navigation drawer. I guess that if we are going to encourage the public to use the app there should be a convenient way to donate.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Is there no way to change the menu language? 

If I'm supposed to use the app in the ministry and show people how it works ... it should be in their language. But I don't wanna change the default language of my device as I'm used to english there.

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Now there is a Support Our Worldwide Work link on the navigation drawer. I guess that if we are going to encourage the public to use the app there should be a convenient way to donate.

Sorry if I posted pic in wrong forum...

On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Tortuga said:

I noticed the WT are now available to 2002.

The WT now go back to 2000.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't s anything here so I think it's just in US 

I've been contributing to worldwide work with credit card ever since this went into effect with recurring donations. Prior to that I had setup online payments from my bank. I hate writing checks... Cool thing you get from WTBTS are the acknowledgment letters for donations through website even though they are only required for donations of $250.00 and above based on USA tax laws. So I presume for any amount of donation made online. 771227cd3720e012c65c1ec74beb89e3.jpg

I've been contributing to worldwide work with credit card ever since this went into effect with recurring donations. Prior to that I had setup online payments from my bank. I hate writing checks... Cool thing you get from WTBTS are the acknowledgment letters for donations through website even though they are only required for donations of $250.00 and above based on USA tax laws. So I presume for any amount of donation made online. imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160520%2F771227cd3720e012c65c1ec74beb89e3.jpg&key=7eafb1eb4ad3ec99c56f859d586e96865f65a03e0df0d3eda7939c9e205d7d1b

Snippet from an acknowledgement letter:

Thank you very much for your contribution in the amount shown below. It will be used to support our worldwide work of providing spiritual comfort during what the Bible calls “critical times hard to deal

with.”—2 Timothy 3:1.

I've been making donations online since the arrangment first went into effect.  I love getting the letter with the experiences afterward of how the getting the truth changed someone's life in some way.  It's a nice way of reminding us that our donations make a real difference - no matter what the amount!

I've been making donations online since the arrangment first went into effect.  I love getting the letter with the experiences afterward of how the getting the truth changed someone's life in some way.  It's a nice way of reminding us that our donations make a real difference - no matter what the amount!

It's going to be powerful witness if accounting sends out acknowledgment letters to any online donations to persons that donate from JW Library app link to website..

I used to get hardcopies in actual snail mail years ago! Lol 😁