JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to Watchtower Library DVD (Windows only)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2015 at 2:48 AM, Musky said:

We received the 2014 WTL CD in December of 2014, so I would think we won't get 2015 until the end of the year if we get one at all.

'if we get one at all'... :S

are they changing this too?

i Love my Cd-Rom!!!

btw, anyone: any idea how much longer for Android to update JW app?

yes, i know. Patience. <-- feels more like 'long-suffering' waiting for it   :?

Edited by carlos

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

range of emotions upon hearing "JW app update!!" when 2 wks later still no update...

:party:     :popcorn:   :pray:    :shrugs:     :S       :praying:    :help:    :depressed:     :cry:    :perplexed:    :hammer:     :beard:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

• 1 year later...

The 2015 Watchtower Library on DVD for Windows has an update available.  If you clicked on the box to update and you are connected to the internet, it will bring up a box and ask you if you want the current update (212 MB).  It adds the 2016 Wt and Awakes , some brochures, the Meeting Workbooks and other things.  Check it out.

Just now, jwhess said:

The 2015 Watchtower Library on DVD for Windows has an update available.  If you clicked on the box to update and you are connected to the internet, it will bring up a box and ask you if you want the current update (212 MB).  It adds the 2016 Wt and Awakes , some brochures, the Meeting Workbooks and other things.  Check it out.

Yeah!

I was wondering if they were just going to provide update annually.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

27 minutes ago, jwhess said:

When I clicked on the desktop icon a box came up letting me know of an update. 

The WT study article shows up with the Daily Text and if you go back a couple of weeks, the MWM info shows up with the Daily Text too..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, rocket said:

The update works fine on my Windows 7.  I will hold off upgrading to Windows 10 until I need a new computer.

Lynn, it is the JW-Library APP that needs Windows 10 to work (in the next upgrade).  I think the Watchtower Library (DVD Rom) is OK for now.  I hope you enjoy the new material added.

50 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Lynn, it is the JW-Library APP that needs Windows 10 to work (in the next upgrade).  I think the Watchtower Library (DVD Rom) is OK for now.  I hope you enjoy the new material added.

For JW Library APP on Win 7 computer I use BlueStacks but of course the Bible is the only thing that works in that.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

42 minutes ago, rocket said:

For JW Library APP on Win 7 computer I use BlueStacks but of course the Bible is the only thing that works in that.

So you are actually using the Android version.  I used the AMI DuOs Android emulator on Win 7 and Win 10.  It allowed me to use the entire JW Library app.  I liked it better than Bluestacks.

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

Bluestacks wanted a subscription to continue working (td)  There are other android emulators out there for windows. Hopefully will have time soon to experiment.

Some Android Emulators

:offtopic:Speaking of emulators, does anybody know of a Windows emulator for my Android phone? That way I can use the Watchtower Library on my Android. :offtopic:

3 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

"Ami duos Android emulator" is this an software?

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

American Megatrends Incorporated (AMI) makes many of the BIOS chips for computer motherboards.  This is the "firm-ware" part of the startup process.  They have developed a very nice piece of software to install Android on a Windows computer.  I think they currently have version 5.1 (Lollipop) available.  I have used this program for several years.

13 hours ago, jwhess said:

Updated in my win10, but workbooks is only up to June.  

What else was updated on the library, do you know?

The intention is to provide update every six months.   So this update has everything released up to June 2016.

The update package file will download to C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\Watchtower\WTLibrary2015\E\WTE\Updates (you may need to enable show hidden files).

It will delete automatically after the update is complete, but if you are quick, you can make a copy.  It does have a "Manually Apply Update Package" feature, but so far, no way to manually download the update package.

On 7/29/2016 at 0:26 AM, jwhess said:

American Megatrends Incorporated (AMI) makes many of the BIOS chips for computer motherboards.  This is the "firm-ware" part of the startup process.  They have developed a very nice piece of software to install Android on a Windows computer.  I think they currently have version 5.1 (Lollipop) available.  I have used this program for several years.

Thanks for the information. Where do you get it?

Took some doing, extra clicking, and a lot of time (no DSL)

but it even updated on my Windows XP.:D

2016 mags on my desktop are so cool to see...he he he.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 7/29/2016 at 5:38 AM, jwhess said:

Yeah, same thing happened to me. my settings was set to auto check update. i think, it will update semi annually. so there's no need to ask for a DVD copy yearly. :uhhuh: