JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to Watchtower Library DVD (Windows only)

Works fine for me too. You will find any proxy setting under control panel | internet options | Connections | Lan settings | proxy server

Some spamware changes these setting in order to redirect http requests. another place it can target is your DNS settings.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

• 2 months later...
On 10/26/2016 at 8:31 AM, mserskine said:

I have a problem. When I checked for updates, an error message came up saying :

"No Internet connection available. If your computer is protected by a firewall, please check your proxy settings"

1. How do I check my proxy settings? 

The new WTLIB resolves that issue.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 9 months later...

Updated publications in Update #7: 2017 Watchtower (Public), 2017 Watchtower (Study), 2017 Awake, 2017 Meeting Workbook, 2017 Yearbook, NWT Study Bible, NWT Glossary, WTLIB Help.

I wonder why the Romanian edition doesn't have any updates. Daniela, Adelin: do you happen to know anything I don't on this?

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

Update #7 (I think) is available now.  If you have set "automatic" updates it is probably already happening.

I just updated and it says version 9.3...updated on Sept 27th.

3 hours ago, Danni said:

I'm currently updating right now. It says 388.7 MB of update. (tu)

My update was 94.7 MB...

Edited by tekmantwo

Oops...wrong number.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, ArthurW said:

I wonder why the Romanian edition doesn't have any updates. Daniela, Adelin: do you happen to know anything I don't on this?

I just got the first update for the Romanian edition. :)

It weighs 126,7 MB and contains all the publications up to December 2017.

Tomorrow will be one month since Update 7, maybe we will receive update 8 very soon bringing us some new 2018 publications? 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 4 weeks later...

I was expecting a WT Library update this month, however looks like December now, this Weekend maybe .. :D

Expect we will have gospel of John added to the NWT Study Edition to match the Online Library version. 

Its strange that WT Library is ahead of the JWL regarding the NWT Study Edition, usually its the other way round.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I was expecting a WT Library update this month, however looks like December now, this Weekend maybe .. default_biggrin.png
Expect we will have gospel of John added to the NWT Study Edition to match the Online Library version. 
Its strange that WT Library is ahead of the JWL regarding the NWT Study Edition, usually its the other way round.

It’s because it was added to WTL as just another publication. JW Library requires some rebuilding to fully utilise the nwtsty in any meaningful way.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 3 weeks later...

With the excitement of the new JW Library update, no one yet. Update 1700 was released yesterday, almost 1gb update for the complete 2017 edition, and new feature.  1701 update adds 2018 publications.

New feature to be able to create a base update package.  Useful for non-internet PC users to get update.

Interestingly , the new book does not show in the publications, but the data files are there.

Great, at last, I have been expecting this update for a while now. Thanks Jonathan for letting us know, i like to use the WTL for research in preference to the online library.

7 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

1701 update adds 2018 publications.

Is that the NCC-1701 update? 

We should get that at Warp speed...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D