JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to Watchtower Library DVD (Windows only)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 4:42 AM, Sheep said:

No more Commentary on the Letter of James.

Interesting. Has anything else been removed from WTLIB?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Greatest Man book is back.  It was removed when the Jesus-The Way book was released.  Not sure why, but you can now compare the two I guess.

The original YPA book is still not there.  There is one publication not included with the WT Library, but is on the Online Library.  That is the You Can Trust the Creator T-82 Tract.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I just received update 1705. It has the August material..

Hhmmm. I've got update 1704 installed. Yet, when I click on Check For Updates, a box tells me No updates available. I only have up until July. :confused:

EDIT: Oh, I'm sorry. I just noticed your disclaimer:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...

Edited by Sheep

I updated mine to 1705 - update was readily available and proceeded with no complications at all.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

So how come it took me two days longer than everyone else? Is it because I'm in Canada?

I will send you personal message when Babylon The Great falls... just to keep you current LOL :lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Okay, now I've got update 1705... finally! So how come it took me two days longer than everyone else? Is it because I'm in Canada? (It takes longer for updates to reach this far?)

It is because you connect to different servers, and it takes a little while for the updated file(s) to be copied to all servers.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, Teejay said:

Gud day bro n sis. I'm having complications updating my WTLIB. It downlaods but fails to apply the update

Can i pls get the update package, pls?

I believe the update needs a lot of room on the drive to apply the update. Do you have a lot of space available on your drive?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My cell phone says it needs to be charged at least 50% before it will install the new update..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

My cell phone says it needs to be charged at least 50% before it will install the new update..

That's a good point, however since this is the WTLIB thread its more likely a PC instead of a phone. However it wouldn't hurt to ensure the PC is fully charged if needed.

15 hours ago, Teejay said:

Gud day bro n sis. I'm having complications updating my WTLIB. It downlaods but fails to apply the update

Can i pls get the update package, pls?

My update (to version 1705) worked very well on my Dell desktop PC.  I have heard of two others with update failures, however.  I recall they were using Lenovo tablets I believe.

4 hours ago, Teejay said:

I've got over a hundred gig of space. I think an update patch will work. Can i get any?

My PC already updated and I don't have a patch or update to send you. Sorry.

Until 1705 update I had no trouble installing ( Windows 7)

However 1705 update will download, verify, then when it tries to install I get this error:

fail.JPG.8cc4ca9db8d45a552871ea1f3361d557.JPG

I have tried to update manually but the same thing happens

( Using 2016 WT library updated to 1704)

Any advice on this appreciated

Thanks