JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Government shuts down on one - year anniversary of Trump presidency

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2253 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We did our watchtower study today. When we got to the paragraph about people who 'believe that man can fix his own problems', I felt like pointing out that we get this thought every election cycle. A ridiculous number of people still believe that everything will be better once we get this guy in office, or that guy re-elected.

And the thing is, if everyone sat down and hammered out a deal where not everybody got everything they wanted; or if they agreed to stop spending billions on warfare and spend a few million on disease research, or if we actually listened to experts instead of political posturing... the world would immediately become better for a lot of people.

The reason man can't fix the world is because they won't, no matter how important it is.

8 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

We did our watchtower study today. When we got to the paragraph about people who 'believe that man can fix his own problems', I felt like pointing out that we get this thought every election cycle. A ridiculous number of people still believe that everything will be better once we get this guy in office, or that guy re-elected.

And the thing is, if everyone sat down and hammered out a deal where not everybody got everything they wanted; or if they agreed to stop spending billions on warfare and spend a few million on disease research, or if we actually listened to experts instead of political posturing... the world would immediately become better for a lot of people.

The reason man can't fix the world is because they won't, no matter how important it is.

They  can’t. Their god, Satan is stronger then they are. We are where we are, and I don’t expect much from them except that assurance of peace and security. That false one. Them them turning on us. Then reality will overtake them. And, it will be too late.

How long has the downhill slide been going? And it’s going faster. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

this is how craxy things have gotten. the government is shutting dowm, some would say hurting their own citizens, because there isnt funding for illegal citizens. 

things will get much worse. it is going to be a wild ride

14 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Grab all the chocolates and hide them, the end is near!!!

Is there room in your 'basement' for anything besides chocolate?:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It’s funny how some aren’t going to get paid or will have to wait to get get their paycheck while the very ones who are responsible for the shut down will get paid.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

It’s funny how some aren’t going to get paid or will have to wait to get get their paycheck while the very ones who are responsible for the shut down will get paid.

I try not to think about the injustice of it all. Just depends if you are on the, “A” list, I guess. These folks don’t know how this happened,and how do you fix something g you don’t fully understand?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Government Shutdown Ends After 3 Days of Recriminations

WASHINGTON — Congress brought an end to a three-day government shutdown on Monday as Senate Democrats buckled under pressure to adopt a short-term spending bill to fund government operations without first addressing the fate of young undocumented immigrants.

The House quickly approved the measure — which will fund the government through Feb. 8 and extend funding for the popular Children’s Health Insurance Program for six years — and President Trump signed it on Monday night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/us/politics/congress-votes-to-end-government-shutdown.html

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

And in just 3 weeks it begins again.

I assume the old campaign managers have been hired to secretly hire some more finger pointers and mud slingers. For as much as Trump seems to dislike the media he does a great job of providing them fodder...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D