JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

MEMORIAL 2018 - Anticipation and Greetings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2351 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

2.36 pm ...now

Our Memorial is at 8.30 pm ... have a privilege to say prayer over wine... contemplating and meditating now.

Me too Greg... But mine is in sign language; lots of contemplating & meditating! 12 hours to go for us in South Wales, UK

There is NOTHING more unifying than the memorial: every WITNESS on earth contemplating the same things at the same time, it is a great privilege to be part of Jehovah's beautiful organization.  My heart is do full of appreciation to Jehovah and Jesus - I keep thinking of the saying "Not because we are worthy but because we are loved"!

8 hours for me I'm going to eat then relax send some text to friends around the world and then spend the afternoon study and meditation before getting ready. 

11h30 Paris France

Edited by sunshine

1 hour ago, Dages said:

9 hours to go. I'm going to listen to kingdom songs related to the event.

Lovely idea, it’s great to prepare our hearts & minds for such a truly important event...have a great memorial. :-)

7 hrs to go for me in Essex UK.....

Edited by Jothob

Remaining 15 more minutes to start... I have the privilege to be among the servers.
Our congregation have the privilege to enjoy the memorial occasion with our CIRCUIT OVERSEER brother Odeniyi P. Because he is serving us this week... And he will be the one to give the memorial talk.

Sent from my TECNO WX3P using Tapatalk

5.5 hours to go for my congregation!

I awakened being thankful in prayer to see another day of life.  An afternoon of singing praises to Jehovah, meditation and imagining a happy future prospect in store under our King's Millennial Rule! :bible2:

Love and greetings to my brothers and sisters around the globe!

Edited by Omoyeme

45 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

5.5 hours to go for my congregation!

I awakened being thankful in prayer to see another day of life.  An afternoon of singing praises to Jehovah, meditation and imagining a happy future prospect in store under our King's Millennial Rule! :bible2:

Love and greetings to my brothers and sisters around the globe!

Playing the choral songs on repeat :grouphug: (18 -149 old book & 25 - 147 old book) - the house filling with the joyous sound as I ready for the evening - I close my eyes and hear this being sung throughout the world - hourly! :heart:

Wish I could send the same love and greetings to our brothers in the countries where they are banned.  And I pray that they can have the memorial in secret without interference of the authorities.  May Jehovah bless all of his people worldwide for putting in all their effort in mailing, and hand delivery of our King Christ Jesus, memorial.  

The “Twin Cities” (Minneapolis and Saint Paul) are bursting at the seams.  Many, now have four congregations.  My congregation has English, Hmong, Spanish and Nepali.  The Memorial will began in less than three hours, the 9:00 meeting.  In Minnesota, the ground is usually wet and thawing during the time of the Memorial, not so this year.  We had snow last night and temps have again dropped to below freezing.

Our hearts are overflowing with such a vast array of emotions, surfacing during this most sacred time of the year.  Even more so, contemplating that one of these Memorial’s will eventually be our last. 

May all of you have a safe trip.

Love and greetings from Minnesota, USA. 

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Lovely comments!  It's like the Memorial feeling is still with us for a whole 24 hours, even though we have had ours.  The meaning of the occassion rests deeply on us, and the unity we feel is so wonderful!

Did you feel that at your memorial? The unity, the peace and calmness?  That's how I felt about the one I attended.  Even with the babies crying and or caring on, it felt like we were all united.   You could feel the love that Jehovah and Jesus felt for us in the room.  It was just wonderful.  One new point for me tonight was the speaker, the Br., asked us with tablets and the Bible to turn to the back of the Appendix B. B12-B The Final Week of Jesus Life...   The brother said look at the picture, and you see Jesus and the 11 disciples at the table.  He said notice the empty spot right next to Jesus.  That was where Judas laid.  He said that Jesus, tried to help Judas, till the very end.  But Judas had his own agenda.  He said, Jesus, never moved over and took over the spot, perhaps Judas would have a change of heart and come back.  I never heard this mentioned in all the memorial's I've been to.  But in all, you could feel peace and calm in that room tonight.  My memorial started at 7:30 at a hotel my congregation rented out.  It was packed in there.  People just poured in!  I had to comment on your comment, it was what I felt tonight as well.  

I echo your comments as well Lisa! On this occasion, I really felt God's holy spirit in the congregation and I was so full of love for Jehovah and His Son -- more than before.  It's interesting that I've been attending "The Lord's Evening Meal" since I was a baby in my mother's arms.  But even in adulthood, I can't ever remember feeling this way in past memorials the way I am feeling tonight.

What a wonderful evening it turned out to be--full moon and all! :bible2: :)

I am so grateful our winter storm abated so that I could be there tonight!!!  Our Memorial was AMAZING!!!  I was crying during that last song--but they were tears of gratitude.^_^

The love...the peace...the unity.

Paradise earth is going to be an Awesome place, just like the spiritual paradise we already enjoy.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

we had a wonderful group at our Memorial tonight in South Lyon, Michigan. 7:30pm Eastern time zone. Full house. Our C.O gave the talk. very moving. we were blessed to have our assembly last sunday and C.O. here all week ... WOW!

LOVE YOU ALL My dearest friends.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I have to second the thoughts about this memorial feeling somehow specia this yearl.

Maybe its just because we've been reading the gospels and I personally have taken a bit more time than in previous years for bible reading and meditation .  After the memorial a sister who is also my neighbour and I had a cup of tea and we were both feeling the same way, its like Jehovah has infused everyone with his holy spirit, there's definitely something although I can't quite articulate what that "something" is or how this has been different from previous years.  Maybe the Russian situation and the recent feedback of letter writing campaign made us all just that little more aware of the unity and beauty of thee brotherhood...  

In any case I still feel a little choked up and its the next morning here in Paris. I love the Kingdom songs in English of course but the last line in the closing song 18 in French brought tears to my eyes (L’éternité sera trop courte pour te remercier) "Eternity won't be long enough to thank you [Jehovah]" for the ransom.