JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WOL Showing Older Publications

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2133 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

I am not exactly sure what you mean.  There are only 4 gospels completed at this point.  And how do you print the videos and such linked material?  The Bible text is just the 2013 RNWT Bible which is in print already.  Can you help me understand what it is that you did?

Okay, it was the BIBLE HIGHLIGHTS of Genesis to Revelation.2004.

I thought they were helpful for when we used to have the Bible HIghlights discussion at the MWM..

I don't know if I should keep them now with all the other ways available for study and research...haven't needed to refer to them for years..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

20 hours ago, jwhess said:

But all of these are limited to just the 1930-1985 index.

For the index view absolute logic: The book is from 1979 and the dedicated index is the one 1930-1985. The newer index would be the wrong place.

In 1980/81 we studied the book in the Theocratic school: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201979404?q=cj&p=par

7 hours ago, student said:

For the index view absolute logic: The book is from 1979 and the dedicated index is the one 1930-1985. The newer index would be the wrong place.

Correct.  The point I was making is that it is not referenced in the newer years index.  The "Truth book" was printed in 1968 but it shows in the 1986-2017 index in many places.  The latest being the 2015 Watchtower.  So the "cj" book is not being discussed in our literature (at present).

15 hours ago, jwhess said:

Correct.  The point I was making is that it is not referenced in the newer years index.  The "Truth book" was printed in 1968 but it shows in the 1986-2017 index in many places.  The latest being the 2015 Watchtower.  So the "cj" book is not being discussed in our literature (at present).

Yes. The Truth-Book was something very special. Even today many brothers and sisters speak about it. But who speaks about the "Holy Spirit", the best way of life or the Worldwide security unter the Prince of Peace? Best way of life you can't find in newer index or literature more than the commentary.

But fact is - the commentary was remove, not the others. :)

On 5/7/2018 at 5:28 PM, Loopy said:

A few months ago I thought...I’m going to start using my tablet.. 

after a couple weeks my service overseer comes up to me and says...I noticed your using your tablet...how ‘bout we take you off the Watchtower list. I kinda said sure. A week later I went back to the paper. I just gotta have that literature in my hand. I feel better bein* able to write on it. 

So I told the brother that gives us (my service group) about it and told him I still need the actual Watchtower. 

Sometimes its it’s impossible to change.

I love the above comment! :crush: After many months (even years) of resisting the urge to buy a tablet, I finally got one. I've had it since about January, and I've been using it at meetings a bit but not always. It seems to be having trouble getting used to me. I am not about to give up getting my paper Watchtowers and Awakes anytime soon. It seems that if I read an article on the tablet, I immediately forget everything I read. :confused: And as yet, I haven't come across anyone else who has ever had the same problem! I just don't know why.

Anyway, one of our elders had a tablet for a couple of years. He finally gave it away to someone and went back to paper! He's more content without JW Library now, and no one criticizes him for it.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:33 PM, carlos said:

Hey, it's true! :):):)

I had checked it in Spanish that is not updated yet, but in English it works!

This is a wonderful surprise, I didn't expect the brothers to make all those publications available online. :)

That's wonderful news indeed!! I always wished we could have the publications dating back to before 2000 being available online. So glad it's finally happened. This will really help with studying and research online. What a wonderful addition. Thanks for this info brothers. Hadn't seen it before.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 4/25/2018 at 7:53 PM, richterbelmont10 said:

All publications from 1970 onward are now available in Watchtower Online Library!!! This includes the Index, various books from 1970 onward (including Daniel's Prophecy and Revelation Climax thank you very much), all Awake issues from 1970 onward, and all Watchtowers from 1950 onward!!! Also, when reading the Bible online, these publications can be seen the Publication Index in the margin of a scripture. (Example Mark 3:29)

I've been waiting for this for so long! I don't need to rely on my Watchtower Library on PC so much anymore. YAHOO!! :ecstatic:

Echo your words too! So excited about this new development!!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 4/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, dilip kumar said:

Wow wow wow, 

I too had been waiting for this. Superb.

Thank you. Now we can handle any discussions more easily. 

This also reminds that as Jehovah God and Jesus Christ are constantly working , we to need to be working more in the field service. 

Glory to Jehovah. 

Yes indeed. Very excited!!

On 4/26/2018 at 3:05 AM, GeordieGirl said:

I don't use WOL very often but I was looking for something when I was out the other day and I'm sure the publications didn't go back much further than 2000. This could have been me just having one of my blonde senior moments because now I find all the old publications on WOL are the same as WTLibrary. If it's not my imagination and it really has been updated, it is amazing.

Watchtowers to 1950
Awakes to 1970
KMs to 1970
Yearbooks to 1970
All the Books, brochures and tracts.

The best news ever for me. Am so glad for this new update. I like studying using the WOL. This will really enhance my studying and research. So glad. Jehovah's organization is so wonderful!! Glad to be a part if it!!!

A few months ago I thought...I’m going to start using my tablet.. 

Sometimes its it’s impossible to change.

Here is a screenshot of the electronic pdf reader. I went to town to show how it can be just like a paper copy, and then some ...

The top menu is your notation options. The bottom box pops up when you press and hold on a spot. You can then choose what you want to do on that spot... (Ps i should say this is on Android. I'm sure iPad will have something similar)

If you do tip you toe in to change, little by little, you will get there. You will save a few trees, and you will have all your studied articles books and brochures in your pocket.

This might come in handy one day, as long as we have power to charge our devices!!! 5c3f52b94f7d6589685bf3ccd46741c2.jpg

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Tony, what's the name of that app? It looks a lot like the interface of Moon+ Reader, which I use, but I don't think Moon+ Reader can do some of the things you did there.

I am comfortable with JW Library for our general use, but I need something like this to prepare the study guides for the Bible Teach book that I study with a teenager.

14 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Here is a screenshot of the electronic pdf reader. I went to town to show how it can be just like a paper copy, and then some ...

The top menu is your notation options. The bottom box pops up when you press and hold on a spot. You can then choose what you want to do on that spot... (Ps i should say this is on Android. I'm sure iPad will have something similar)

If you do tip you toe in to change, little by little, you will get there. You will save a few trees, and you will have all your studied articles books and brochures in your pocket.

This might come in handy one day, as long as we have power to charge our devices!!! emoji298.png5c3f52b94f7d6589685bf3ccd46741c2.jpg

A sister who used to be in our congregation was visiting a while back. She had approximately the same thing. I was amazed at it, and I just had to ask her about it after the meeting. I think she said she has a Samsung Tab S3, and that the special writing stylus comes with the tablet. But she also thinks it only works on that model. I'm not certain, but it looks like something similar might not be available for just any tablet.

Yes it is Moon+ Reader (Pro?) for Android. But it is the paid version not the free one. Also my tablet has a stylus, so I can write on the screen, and I can choose if is converted into typed text or as script on the screen, or in a 'note box'.

I do not think it will be easy to write without a stylus.

I'm sure there are others, but I got used to this one and have stayed with it.

PS There is a bit of a learning curve, and it not super fast to change the colour or line style from the basic 5, but once you get the technique it is very versatile.

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

29 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Yes it is Moon+ Reader (Pro?) for Android. But it is the paid version not the free one. Also my tablet has a stylus, so I can write on the screen, and I can choose if is converted into typed text or as script on the screen, or in a 'note box'.

I do not think it will be easy to write without a stylus.

I do use the paid version of Moon+ Pro, but I haven't been able to write anywhere as you do. I'll have to try the stylus, which I have never used. Thanks!

Edited by carlos

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brian Warner said:

Have they released the Rutherford books yet? Im trying to collect them and read them all.

Ya right.... 😊😊😳

If you have such a strong urge .... look on eBay I am sure someone has a few for sale

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, Brian Warner said:

Have they released the Rutherford books yet? Im trying to collect them and read them all.

Nice! I’ve read some of one of the Studies in the Scriptures books myself. I have a copy in my library.

But I think my point was that there has never been an effort to hide anything (I don’t see how that is possible). We share ALL of our beliefs freely with the public, no matter how unpopular a certain belief is. Even so, our organized book has been on the public website since it’s revision (and it’s on the JWLIB app which anyone can download for free).

I don’t see the point in “releasing” Rutherford’s or even Russell’s books. Their histories and beliefs are detailed in the proclaimers book. 

Perhaps one day they may see a reason to make those officially available.

Edited by Bob

Wow I did not know the back story of the James book. It reminds of in 1 Corinthians when Paul was warning about people coming into the congregation preaching that there's no resurrection.

I remember when it was announced at the meeting that older publications would be included in the WOL. I was really excited. I used to love the CD roms...especially since you can use them offline, but they pile up and I wonder "what to do with all these older CD-roms?" It's a nice backup, I think, tho, in case the internet goes down for any reason, but it's really nice to read the bible on the online library and just click on an article and it clicks :D

Also in preparing the Bible teach book, I prefer using the JW Library notes, myself. What I like is I can right notes in English and Spanish in the same place and it'll show up on either language publication.