Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The smallest congregation in your country


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1682 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

I guess this congregation you're talking about has a lot of bible studies attending the meetings ... or it is just a group belonging to a congregation?

 

I don't know of congregations with less than 20 publishers. Recently, the general tendency in our country is to unite the smaller congs with bigger ones if they are close to each other.

Six months ago I was in a congregation with 30 publishers (only around 15-19 attended the meetings regularly) ... we were assigned to other congregations and the kingdom hall is going to be sold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adelin said:

I guess this congregation you're talking about has a lot of bible studies attending the meetings ... or it is just a group belonging to a congregation?

 

I don't know of congregations with less than 20 publishers. Recently, the general tendency in our country is to unite the smaller congs with bigger ones if they are close to each other.

Six months ago I was in a congregation with 30 p...

 

It's not a group, it's a congregation in an isolated territory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Years ago, I visited the congregation at Frank, Alberta (in Canada).  Located near the famous Frank Slide disaster of the early 1900s they had a small congregation of about 15-20 (at that time).  A congregation is still listed on our JW.ORG website for the town but I do not know its current size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fiona said:

My husband and I are going to outback Australia. We are joining a congregation of 4. We will make 6.
ST GEORGE QUEENSLAND.

Are you visiting, or moving there?  That's really small! (The winner so far :ecstatic:)

I was passing through Norseman WA on the edge of the Nullabor Plain.  They had 13 publishers at the time and were desperate for us to stay.  But I was heading for Perth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you visiting, or moving there?  That's really small! (The winner so far :ecstatic:)
I was passing through Norseman WA on the edge of the Nullabor Plain.  They had 13 publishers at the time and were desperate for us to stay.  But I was heading for Perth.
Moving.
It has been a long time planning. 5 yrs ago when my son was on the mend from cancer we had debt up and over our heads. So it has taken us 4 and a bit yrs to work hard and pay it off. We will be debt free in about 2 months. Then our plan is to save for the next 6... pioneer Jan 1 and buy a caravan and live on the road up at St George cong.
We went to visit them last Jan and 1 older brother does EVERYTHING. Its a HUGE territtory. They only do the town as there is only 4 of them and 2 are not well physically.
So if anyone in Australia wants to serve where a little cong needs desperate help please consider there!.
If my husband and i concsntrate just on rurals we will take 18 months to cover the territory once. We have bible studies already waiting for us to come. As noone is there to do them.


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gave a talk years ago (early 80s) in a small town in the Midwest (Iowa). There was one Elder and one MS and 15 publishers. It was the only time I ever gave a talk without use of a microphone. They designed a Kingdom Hall in the walk-in basement of a brothers home. I almost moved there, but there was no work for me. Last I heard the congregation has at least tripled  and they built a new hall.


Edited by Pjdriver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I gave a talk years ago (early 80s) in a small town in the Midwest (Iowa). There was one Elder and one MS and 15 publishers. It was the only time I ever gave a talk without use of a microphone. They designed a Kingdom Hall in the walk-in basement of a brothers home. I almost moved there, but there was no work for me. Last I heard the congregation has at least tripled  and they built a new hall.


 

You must have given a good talk..:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some months ago I was supporting a congregation with 18 publishers from about 6 miles away my home. Meetings had an assistance of 15-23 people. At this moment with 2 couples of pioneers moving to there, there are 3 elders and 7 regular pioneers. 

 

This is their shy but cozzie Kingdom Hall in StreetView: https://goo.gl/maps/pWDbeaMN67T2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The smallest congregation in my area is our American Sign Language Congregation.  It has about 40 people, some of these publishers can actually hear but are part of that congregation to help out.  But this is not the smallest congregation that I have heard of in the United States.  I heard about Navajo speaking congregations which is as some of you probably know a Native American Language.   These congregations had about 20 or 25 publishers in each congregation in Arizona on the Navajo Reservation.  That was earlier in the 2000's, so I don't know their size at this time.  

 

We have a Tagalog Bible Study Group in my area that is working on becoming a congregation, but right now they are part of an English Congregation.  I believe that they are smaller than the American Sign Language Congregation in this area, although I'm not sure exactly how many publishers they have right now.  Many of you may already know but Tagalog is the primary Language used in the Philippines, although they also have others.    

 

I hope this helps contribute to answering your question.


Edited by JW2017
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This subject reminds me:  I remember much earlier in the 2000's at a convention when it was said that at that time 20% of Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States were part of Spanish speaking congregations which would probably increase.  This of course did not include congregations that were meeting in a number of other languages besides English, including American Sign Language as well as foreign languages. 

 

This was expected to increase as I'm sure it has.  I believe that Spanish is still the largest foreign language group for congregations in the United States.  But of course not the only one.  Then there's American Sign Language that we use for those that are deaf and deaf and blind here in the United States.  

 

I know that in many countries there are foreign language groups as well as different sign language groups among us.  These congregations and Bible Study Groups come in many different sizes.  Some are considered big in comparison to other ones and yet others are much smaller as this post brings out.

 

I just thought that I would share.


Edited by JW2017
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/05/2018 at 3:57 AM, JW2017 said:

This subject reminds me:  I remember much earlier in the 2000's at a convention when it was said that at that time 20% of Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States were part of Spanish speaking congregations which would probably increase.  This of course did not include congregations that were meeting in a number of other languages besides English, including American Sign Language as well as foreign languages. 

 

This was expected to increase as I'm sure it has.  I believe that Spanish is still the largest foreign language group for congregations in the United States.  But of course not the only one.  Then there's American Sign Language that we use for those that are deaf and deaf and blind here in the United States.  

 

I know that in many countries there are foreign language groups as well as different sign language groups among us.  These congregations and Bible Study Groups come in many different sizes.  Some are considered big in comparison to other ones and yet others are much smaller as this post brings out.

 

I just thought that I would share.


 

 

Well, I don't remember very well but in our Special Meeting in our country last January, the representantive of the Governing Body said in his talk that there's more than 400,000 publishers  spanish natives in US today. I'm not really sure about the number but it's a huge amount of native spanish JW's there.


Edited by Ivine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.12.4 (changelog)