JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWB app on ROKU not working Help please!

1 hour ago, Good-O said:

Roku works well on others but not jw.org

Roku and JWBroadcasting appears to work fine for some friends but not for others, including myself. Yesterday I purchased a new up-to-date Roku Streaming Stick +, replacing my old Roku stick, hoping it would solve the JWBroadcasting problem. Alas to no avail. The problem persists!  I conclude it is not an equipment fault.

All suggested solutions have been tried many times over plus some not mentioned in this thread. My wi-fi signal is excellent. All the other Roku apps I’ve tried, such as BBC iPlayer and Netflix, work okay exhibiting no problems. I can only conclude JW Broadcasting app version 3.1 build 0 is faulty in some way. 

14 hours ago, Guri said:

Probably some one's Roku is broken or some other technical issue is there. 

No that’s not the issue. If the Roku was broken it wouldn’t work on any of the other Apps! Netflix etc work just fine. 

Hopefully Bethel will sort it out soon as we like to watch the monthly broadcast on the tv! It’s only since they updated it....😔

Edited by Jothob

6 hours ago, Samira said:

just called Britain Bethel.....they said it is a worldwide problem and they working it out

Ahh thank you so much for doing that & sharing their answer with us. At least we know now it’s definately something they are aware of & are trying to resolve. 

Big thank you.....

On 6/1/2018 at 11:44 AM, Samira said:

just called Britain Bethel.....they said it is a worldwide problem and they working it out

Ahh thank you! Such a good idea. We’ve worked out we can play videos if we press ‘play all’ but can’t choose a particular video on its own. And all the ‘latest videos’ section is still not working either. Hopefully soon! Good to know the brothers are on the case 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 5:53 PM, DavidMc said:

Roku and JWBroadcasting appears to work fine for some friends but not for others, including myself. Yesterday I purchased a new up-to-date Roku Streaming Stick +, replacing my old Roku stick, hoping it would solve the JWBroadcasting problem. Alas to no avail. The problem persists!  I conclude it is not an equipment fault.

All suggested solutions have been tried many times over plus some not mentioned in this thread. My wi-fi signal is excellent. All the other Roku apps I’ve tried, such as BBC iPlayer and Netflix, work okay exhibiting no problems. I can only conclude JW Broadcasting app version 3.1 build 0 is faulty in some way. 

Roku did a update to 8.1 and now the videos are stuck in retrieving. This has been going on since June 8 2018

4 hours ago, Cecile Hollins said:

Roku did a update to 8.1 and now the videos are stuck in retrieving. This has been going on since June 8 2018

The branch is most likely aware and working on a fix but one can report a problem via phone or letter. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Dear Brothers and Sisters, like you, I tried various things to try and fix this issue without success..then a couple of days ago I phoned Bethel ( Britain Branch ) and the sister said it was a world-wide problem, they were aware of a software problem with Roku and were working on it....so we can all relax and wait patiently ... Thanks.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:23 AM, Cecile Hollins said:

My Roku model 4640X is on version 8.0.1 and still works fine.  I don't think Roku updates every model to the same version simultaneously, which would make sense why some have issues and others don't.

I have two roku devices, one stopped playing JWB videos but would still play audio, the one that still works is the roku express plus, the other is simply roku express. I don't know why there is a difference but there is. Roku express plus looks almost identical to the regular express model. They sell the express plus at dept. stores and online they're pretty reasonable in price.

I have two roku devices, one stopped playing JWB videos but would still play audio, the one that still works is the roku express plus, the other is simply roku express. I don't know why there is a difference but there is. Roku express plus looks almost identical to the regular express model. They sell the express plus at dept. stores and online they're pretty reasonable in price.
Check what version you're running in the system information menu to see if both roku's are running the same software.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

JW Broadcasting for Roku is currently unavailable

Updated On: June 7, 2018

Unfortunately, JW Broadcasting for Roku is currently unavailable. We are working hard to restore this service. In the meantime please access JW Broadcasting via tv.jw.org. 

Please note there is no need to contact the branch office since this announcement will be updated with the latest information regarding this issue. 

Unfortunately, JW Broadcasting for Roku is currently unavailable. We are working hard to restore this service. In the meantime please access JW Broadcasting via tv.jw.org. 

Please note there is no need to contact the branch office since this announcement will be updated with the latest information regarding this issue. 

Is there an official announcement on JW.org? I have not been able to locate it. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

On 6/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, Zebra555 said:

Is this still limited to UK? 

58 minutes ago, Rose Flower said:

Yesterday and today we could not get anything to play on the Roku JW Broadcasting.

Before that we could play the videos but the icons were grayed out.

Now the icons show but we cannot play so we will just wait and try again.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Zebra555 said:

17 hours ago, Stine said:

I too am having difficulty with my Roku. Only audio playing. Does anyone know if roku will update all or do I need to buy a newer version. 

You don't need to do anything. It is a known problem, and will update once the problem has been fixed. It's an app problem, not a Roku problem, so buying a new one won't help.  The only thing we can do it exercise patience!

On 5/29/2018 at 4:03 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

Moved to Computers, Tablets, Mobile Devices, & Apps

The organization updated the ROKU app a week or so ago. It is working just fine for me.

My first suggestion would be to uninstall the app. Then power off and power back on your Roku, and then go reinstall the app.

Are all the other apps, such as YouTube or Netflix, working okay?

Thanks, this worked for me.