JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have been "BANNED" In Ukraine!!! Certain parts..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1929 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's going to spread outward to all Russian Allies. The real thing is China. They've made Islam illegal; and Christians in general are under enormous crackdowns. A lot of the Eastern Powers are pulling tighter together the last two years. The influence is strong.

Also, Shannie; Its not my business; but please charge your phone.

Ukraine use to be part of the old KOTN so it seems safe to say it still is..

It is unfair to say that we have been banned in the Ukraine, as the areas where we have been banned have effectively broken with the Ukrainian government and placed themselves under Russian leadership.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Here is how the problems started to develop in Eastern Ukraine

DECEMBER 13, 2017
UKRAINE

Religious Freedom Under Threat in Eastern Regions of Ukraine

The ongoing conflict in some areas of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions of eastern Ukraine, now in its fourth year, has been causing deteriorating living conditions and hardship for most residents. For Jehovah’s Witnesses living in these areas, the distress is compounded by growing religious intolerance. Local authorities apparently are influenced by the recent court decisions in Russia banning the worship of Jehovah’s Witnesses there. Copying the pattern set in Russia, some local authorities are employing illegal methods to incriminate the Witnesses living in the areas under their control and are threatening their religious freedom.

Fabricating Evidence

Following the tactics of Russia’s prosecutors, authorities in these regions have resorted to fabricating evidence to make accusations against Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In July 2017, the Supreme Court of the Donetsk People’s Republic placed on the Republican Extremist Material List two articles from past issues of the Witnesses’ religious magazines. The Witnesses were not notified of the court proceedings, nor have they been able to obtain a copy of the immediately enforceable decision in order to appeal it.

In August 2017, prosecutors’ offices in Novoazovsk and Debaltsevo issued warning letters to the local Witnesses, directing them not to distribute their religious magazines, The Watchtower and Awake!, without first obtaining a permit. In this way the authorities obstruct distribution even of religious materials not declared extremist and threaten to hold congregation elders liable for any distribution of the Witnesses’ literature. A similar warning was later issued to Witnesses in the city of Makeyevka.

On August 4, 2017, special antiterror units, together with soldiers and police, interrupted the religious services of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Alchevsk and Luhansk, claiming that there had been a bomb threat. After evacuating the worshippers from the buildings, the officers checked the documents of everyone in attendance. *

Persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Certain Territories of Donetsk and Luhansk

Abductions and torture. In July 2015, Jehovah’s Witnesses reported that armed groups in eastern Ukraine had abducted and mistreated 26 of Jehovah’s Witnessessince August 2014. In 2016, they reported the abduction and torture of 15 Witnesses, including some who were elderly. When they were freed, the Witnesses were strictly forbidden to continue their religious activity under threat of arrests and fines.

Religious discrimination. On September 8, 2015, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights released its 11th report on the situation of human rights in Ukraine. Under the heading “Freedom of Religion or Belief,” it reported: “In a statement issued on 20 May, the head of the ‘Donetsk people’s republic’ threatened to ‘brutally fight sects’ and stated it did not recognize any religions apart from Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Islam and Judaism.” The report observed: “The Jehovah’s Witnesses community appears to have been particularly targeted.”

Houses of worship seized. In 2014 and early 2015, armed men seized 17 Kingdom Halls belonging to Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some of the buildings seized were later returned to the Witnesses. Presently, the number of houses of worship taken from the Witnesses is 12, with 7 seized in the Donetsk region (city of Donetsk, Telmanove, Yenakiyeve, and Kirovskoe, and 3 in the city of Horlivka) and 5 in the Luhansk region (city of Luhansk, Alchevsk, Brianka, Perevalsk, and Krasnyi Luch).

Here is the link for more info:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/ukraine/religious-freedom-under-threat-eastern-regions/

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Interesting how the government is so quickly starting to turn on various religions/faiths including ours. Things are definitely speeding up! I wonder how much longer they will focus on JW's before they turn their attention to the other large religious organizations in such locations? Hmmm....

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

It is unfair to say that we have been banned in the Ukraine, as the areas where we have been banned have effectively broken with the Ukrainian government and placed themselves under Russian leadership.

Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't realized that.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If this is restricted to the Donetsk region, then it's Russia's influence. The official Ukrainian government is rather favorable of us until now. Donetsk is where the Russian supported separatatists have a large influence over the region. Kingdom Hall's have been seized without any legal grounds by rebels for other purposes for years now, so I don't really see this as any real and major development.

The part of Ukraine we are discussing in this topic is being occupied by Russia. Officially there is no war and the territory belongs to Ukraine. The truth is that they lost control over that part of their country. The east is heavily penetrated by Russian intelligence and activists and effectively the Russians want to cause a rebellion in Donetsk.

This is the same scenario that has been played by Russians over and over in history. In 1939 they joined Hitler in the attack against Poland, waited 17 days (to Hitler's surprise) and then took their share, claiming they are protecting Russian speaking people like Belorussians (being within the Polish borders at that time). The same happened in other countries joined to the Soviet Union. The play the same scenario over and over. Do you remember what happened to Crimea? They took over the peninsula by sending unmarked forces, denying they were involved at all. Then they claimed they had been protecting Russian majority living in Crimea. They take over Ukraine piece by piece. actions. I wrote that because there are consequences of their Sadly, opposite the Russian bothers, our Ukrainian bothers cannot seek asylum in other countries, like the UK. Formally there is no war nor persecutions (so the government claims). Happily, brothers from Russia are getting asylum seeker status in the UK and other EU countries.

To summarise - Eastern Ukraine remains uncontrolled by Ukrainian government. The government claims that the situation is better than in reality and Russia keeps calm denying any engagement in that. At the moment it is like living in the Wild West where there was no law and order.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:12 AM, Thomas Walker said:

It's going to spread outward to all Russian Allies. The real thing is China. They've made Islam illegal; and Christians in general are under enormous crackdowns. A lot of the Eastern Powers are pulling tighter together the last two years. The influence is strong.

Thomas Walker, 

Nice observation. I think very soon (couple of years or so) we should see much more  developments in regards to KOTN. Interesting events are awaiting for us. Russia and China are probably the main ones and then other countries (allies) will be more visible soon. For now it is still blurred I think. Its like when you direct the camera lens toward the object and manually trying to adjust the sharpness (focus).

Not much left now I think bu if not, at least iour watchfulness will keeps us spiritually awake. :) 

Edited by Guri

Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Secular source:

Friday 2 November 2018
DONBAS: DONETSK: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BANNED

The Supreme Court of the self-declared Donetsk People's Republic banned
Jehovah's Witnesses on 26 September, a decision that cannot be challenged.
Jehovah's Witness activity "in any form" would face criminal punishment,
the General Prosecutor's Office announced. Convictions could lead to a
maximum eight-year jail term.

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2428

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2018 at 12:37 PM, Guri said:

Thomas Walker, 

Nice observation. I think very soon (couple of years or so) we should see much more  developments in regards to KOTN. Interesting events are awaiting for us. Russia and China are probably the main ones and then other countries (allies) will be more visible soon. For now it is still blurred I think. Its like when you direct the camera lens toward the object and manually trying to adjust the sharpness (focus).

Not much left now I think bu if not, at least iour watchfulness will keeps us spiritually awake. :) 

I love to hear these words.. When the KOTN, was revealed some got excited  and some dont in the Philippines. Older ones say that 'just wait and see. " I think the excited jw's are in my age... but the older ones have been waiting for long and they're faithful and pioneering.  This wicked system is getting worse. I am eager to life in the new world without seeing injustice and the effects of imperfeciton. 

• 4 weeks later...

Imagine if this is part of Jehovah's tactics to allow this to happen for a reason.   If this is how they treat a peaceful and law abiding religion, what will they do to BtG when the truth of her is finally revealed?   She will get devoured and be burned with fire definitely as in a swift pitch of a mill stone.. Hang on tight friends, the best is yet to come.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)