JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Man is suing his parents for giving birth to him without consent"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1901 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2019/feb/05/consent-being-born-man-suing-parents-for-giving-birth-to-him

Yet again, just when you think you've seen and heard it all...

How on earth can someone non-existant give consent to being born? I can only say he must be mad.

Edited by EccentricM

24 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I hope they counter sue for receiving a defective product...

I read of one father who,

when his son said to him that he didn't ask to be born,

replied that he wasn't what they asked for either..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

He's not alone, he's part of a movement that is against having children because they say people are only born to suffer. Basically this is just a product of the selfishness of this world and the way children are grown up believing they are the center of the universe.

If I were the judge I would solve this by giving that idiot a big fine for hindering the judicial system with stupid claims.

5 hours ago, carlos said:

He's not alone, he's part of a movement that is against having children because they say people are only born to suffer. Basically this is just a product of the selfishness of this world and the way children are grown up believing they are the center of the universe.

If I were the judge I would solve this by giving that idiot a big fine for hindering the judicial system with stupid claims.

It is true that the antinatalist movement is against having babies, because they believe procreation is morally wrong.

Is this man an antinatalist? I don't think he fits the definition unless it is a new radical form of antinatalism. 

58 minutes ago, Bek said:

It is true that the antinatalist movement is against having babies, because they believe procreation is morally wrong.

Is this man an antinatalist? I don't think he fits the definition unless it is a new radical form of antinatalism. 

Yes

Raphael Samuel, a 27-year-old antinatalist from Mumbai, believes it was wrong for his mother and father to create him without his consent

Quote from Matilda, a brilliant West End musical:

“One can hardly move for beauty and brilliance these days

It seems that there are millions of these one-in-a-millions

These days

Special-ness seems de rigueur

Above average is average—go figure

Is it some modern miracle of calculus

That such frequent miracles don't render each one un-

Miraculous?”

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

"a vast amount of human misery could be avoided by people simply not existing in the first place."

Well, yes.  That would include the misery he is now causing his parents if he didn't exist, I guess.  So he has a point there.

Just shows another slant to satan's agenda against Jehovah's original purpose.

34 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

There's a supposed to be a  fine line between madness and insanity. I someone made that fine line wide enough to walk on. 

Both are defined the same: The state of having a serious mental illness...With that in mind, I'm thinking we are focusing on the wrong thing here. Everyone wants to point the finger at the young person who is upset with his parents, but do we ask why he is upset with them in the first place? Perhaps he is merely a product of his environment, yet he is the only one being called the "bad guy" here.

Basically what I'm saying is that there's more than likely more than this story than meets the eye. We simply don't have all the information. Still, despite that, many would be quick to call him "mentally ill", like the state of being ill makes him the villain. Sure, suing his parents for bringing him into this world isn't logical, but that is an action, and not a state of being.

Edited by Bjern

25 minutes ago, Bjern said:

How do you feel about suing for compensation for child abuse?

Are we drifting into a completely different subject?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

@Bjern true but just the idea of suing ones parents , to me seems crazy.

I agree with you, the anti-natalist have a strange philosophy however this guy is taking it one step further by suing his parents,  it is bringing a lot of attention to their cause.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Bjern said:

Basically what I'm saying is that there's more than likely more than this story than meets the eye. We simply don't have all the information

Yes you're right!

We don't know whether he is seeing psychologist or psychiatrist? :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

20 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Are we drifting into a completely different subject?

Depends why the young person is doing this. I can't imagine a child doing this to loving parents who were never abusive.

19 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Yes you're right!

We don't know whether he is seeing psychologist or psychiatrist? :lol1:

Perhaps he would "need a physician" (Mark 2:17). Not sure how that is funny however.

9 minutes ago, Bjern said:

Depends why the young person is doing this. I can't imagine a child doing this to loving parents who were never abusive.

Do your own research about anti-natalist it may help you understand. 

3 hours ago, Bjern said:

Perhaps he would "need a physician" (Mark 2:17). Not sure how that is funny however.

Everybody has a different sense of humor, if this is not to your liking, than no need to re-hush the quote...

I am not here to defend my sense of humor to everybody...:whistling:Please move on....:hugs:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)