Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia has made an 100 megaton Nuclear weapon the world has never seen before


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1325 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

Russia is said to have built a new 100-megaton underwater nuclear doomsday device, and it has threatened the US with it.

 

The device goes beyond traditional ideas of nuclear warfighting and poses a direct threat to the future of humanity or life on Earth.

 

Nobody has ever built a weapon like this before, because there's almost no military utility in so badly destroying the world.

 

But an expert on nuclear strategy told Business Insider the weapon might have a larger role in helping Russian President Vladimir Putin break down NATO with the threat of nuclear destruction.

 

https://amp-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.businessinsider.com/the-real-purpose-of-russias-poseidon-nuclear-doomsday-device-2019-2?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The size of this device is nothing new, the USSR had a hundred megaton bomb in 1961. At the last minute they scientist involved reduced the power by half as they were very afraid of the thing. The actual test detonation yeilded an explosion of 58 megatons. The yield and surrounding damage was so great it contributed to the termination of atmospheric testing of nuclear devices. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

The idea of putting it in an underwater device has been well known in the West since at least 2015. 

Maybe it is time to do an update of  "On the Beach". If you want to know how desolate the future appeared to be in the late 50s and early 60s, read the book.

:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Old said:

The size of this device is nothing new, the USSR had a hundred megaton bomb in 1961. At the last minute they scientist involved reduced the power by half as they were very afraid of the thing. The actual test detonation yeilded an explosion of 58 megatons. The yield and surrounding damage was so great it contributed to the termination of atmospheric testing of nuclear devices. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

The idea of putting it in an underwater device has been well known in the West since at least 2015. 

Maybe it is time to do an update of  "On the Beach". If you want to know how desolate the future appeared to be in the late 50s and early 60s, read the book.

:(

Saw the movie. Dismal. Mankind has no hope, but what Jehovah offers! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Saw the movie. Dismal. Mankind has no hope, but what Jehovah offers! 

The movie "On the Beach" was depicting a scenario that was feared by Andrei Sakharov the scientists working on the Bomba. He feared that it could cause and distribute enough radiation to kill all mankind. In the actual test of the 100 plus megaton Bomba he used his authority to lower the weapon from a three stage device to a two stage device by removing the outer uranium shell, replacing the third stage, with one of lead, thus halving the power. Even at that the weapon was so powerful that they detonated it very high in the air so as to limit the cloud of radio active particles. All the test did was to prove that they could do it.

The Soviets had no way deliver it as a weapon, it was around 27 tons and exceeded the capacity of even the plane they used for the test, and was far to heavy for any missile. (That is likely why they have now come up with the scare idea of using an underwater delivery system.)

Andrei Sakharov became outspoken on the need for nuclear disarmament which led to a moratorium on atmospheric testing. There was overwhelming fear of nuclear annihilation on the part of people around the world. The majority of our forum members are too young to remember when the nuclear threat was faced daily. Even a few of our brothers built backyard bomb shelters. In urban areas, every building with a 4 story basement became a bomb shelter with signs posted on the building, the instructions posted in thses shelters made a three months spent in a lifeboat seem like a vacation.  Kids experienced routine training in duck and cover air raid drills. As an organization we knew that Jehovah would not allow man to destroy the earth which was a very effective theme in our ministry.

Who knows, maybe this latest bit of saber rattling will bring a few more into the fold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old said:

The movie "On the Beach" was depicting a scenario that was feared by Andrei Sakharov the scientists working on the Bomba. He feared that it could cause and distribute enough radiation to kill all mankind. In the actual test of the 100 plus megaton Bomba he used his authority to lower the weapon from a three stage device to a two stage device by removing the outer uranium shell, replacing the third stage, with one of lead, thus halving the power. Even at that the weapon was so powerful that they detonated it very high in the air so as to limit the cloud of radio active particles. All the test did was to prove that they could do it.

The Soviets had no way deliver it as a weapon, it was around 27 tons and exceeded the capacity of even the plane they used for the test, and was far to heavy for any missile. (That is likely why they have now come up with the scare idea of using an underwater delivery system.)

Andrei Sakharov became outspoken on the need for nuclear disarmament which led to a moratorium on atmospheric testing. There was overwhelming fear of nuclear annihilation on the part of people around the world. The majority of our forum members are too young to remember when the nuclear threat was faced daily. Even a few of our brothers built backyard bomb shelters. In urban areas, every building with a 4 story basement became a bomb shelter with signs posted on the building, the instructions posted in thses shelters made a three months spent in a lifeboat seem like a vacation.  Kids experienced routine training in duck and cover air raid drills. As an organization we knew that Jehovah would not allow man to destroy the earth which was a very effective theme in our ministry.

Who knows, maybe this latest bit of saber rattling will bring a few more into the fold.

I would imagine that the underwater detonation of such a device would ( especially if well placed ) cause a massive tsunami as well as destroy what remains of the worlds fisheries. Since many of the worlds capitals are coastal they are putting all of them potentially within reach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Old said:

The movie "On the Beach" was depicting a scenario that was feared by Andrei Sakharov the scientists working on the Bomba. He feared that it could cause and distribute enough radiation to kill all mankind. In the actual test of the 100 plus megaton Bomba he used his authority to lower the weapon from a three stage device to a two stage device by removing the outer uranium shell, replacing the third stage, with one of lead, thus halving the power. Even at that the weapon was so powerful that they detonated it very high in the air so as to limit the cloud of radio active particles. All the test did was to prove that they could do it.

The Soviets had no way deliver it as a weapon, it was around 27 tons and exceeded the capacity of even the plane they used for the test, and was far to heavy for any missile. (That is likely why they have now come up with the scare idea of using an underwater delivery system.)

Andrei Sakharov became outspoken on the need for nuclear disarmament which led to a moratorium on atmospheric testing. There was overwhelming fear of nuclear annihilation on the part of people around the world. The majority of our forum members are too young to remember when the nuclear threat was faced daily. Even a few of our brothers built backyard bomb shelters. In urban areas, every building with a 4 story basement became a bomb shelter with signs posted on the building, the instructions posted in thses shelters made a three months spent in a lifeboat seem like a vacation.  Kids experienced routine training in duck and cover air raid drills. As an organization we knew that Jehovah would not allow man to destroy the earth which was a very effective theme in our ministry.

Who knows, maybe this latest bit of saber rattling will bring a few more into the fold.

You come up with astounding facts, my dear brother. Your brain, a fully working gift. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.7.20 (changelog)