JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mass shooting in New Zealand

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1860 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You are right Lucy - we can now say that violent atrocities have occurred from one end of the earth to the other. 

New Zealand won't be the same now, already there is an air of disbelief, I only hope it wakes many up spiritually.

Tomorrow I do the carts - we will use the magazine about being secure. Will be interesting how the public will react.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

The stuff I read on the internet about the video broadcast is both saddening and creepy at the same time.

Won't go into graphic detail here. But let me say this. This is the most gut-wrenching thing that was ever carried out in the public eye. We have achieved a new level of evil.

With the tit for tat mentality in this sick world, expect some stupid terror attack to happen in the next weeks citing revenge for Christchurch.

Not an appropriate question here Brother Johan please, let's not get into a political/religious discussion, this is solely to keep up with happenings as they unfold. 

Really appreciated if we can stay on topic here.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just been informed by an elder that there is a muslim rally on at the same place we have carts this morning, have been instructed to only set them up if we can be viewed as separate from the rally - if we can't then don't set up.

Time to be cautious as serpents in lil ole NZ.

51 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Just been informed by an elder that there is a muslim rally on at the same place we have carts this morning, have been instructed to only set them up if we can be viewed as separate from the rally - if we can't then don't set up.

Yes. But if you do get a good opportunity, why not use it to tell some people how heartwrenching you and all your brothers worldwide found this. Just the thought of this kind of thing happening at our meetings is traumatizing (and yes, similar things have happened).

I feel sorry for the Muslims. They believe everything that happens is as Allah wills it. They simply can not accept the fact that the devil is in control of the world, because they feel that would assume that he is more powerful than God.

59 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

At least one congregation in Chch has cancelled their service groups for this morning, for safety's sake. Their territory is close to one of the targeted mosques.

It is officially a terrorist attack. 49 dead and 42 being treated for injuries. 2 of those injuries are critical and one of those critical is a 4 year old child. I can't even imagine what goes on in the heart of someone who can stand there and shoot a 4 year old child - or any person at all for that matter. 

21 minutes ago, Dalbyj said:

what goes on in the heart of someone who can stand there and shoot a 4 year old child - or any person at all for that matter. 

From what I read, he was severely griefed by the story of a young girl in Sweden who was run over by a truck driver last year who wanted random revenge for not getting his refugee status. Her grave was subsequently desecrated repeatedly by another migrant who was supposed to be deported a long time ago. I suppose if you feed your mind too much and too intensely with stories like this (and the internet has been full of them the past ten years) and if you don't know that Jehovah will soon deal with all the wicked people and get rid of racism and cultural bigotry for good, then you start getting to a point where all you have left is hate and disdain.

Jehovah said if He didn’t step end man would destroy themselves, and accounts like this just prove the scriptures are being fulfilled. I just try and remember that Those who die will have the resurrection hope, So Satan is just defeating his own purpose. ❤️

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

This shooting is certainly sickening to the core and our thoughts are with the families of the victims, but why are so many seemingly shocked that this kind of thing can happen? We know that we are living in the last days of Satan's wicked system. Isn't this kind of thing to be expected at this time?

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

From what I read, he was severely griefed by the story of a young girl in Sweden who was run over by a truck driver last year who wanted random revenge for not getting his refugee status. Her grave was subsequently desecrated repeatedly by another migrant who was supposed to be deported a long time ago. I suppose if you feed your mind too much and too intensely with stories like this (and the internet has been full of them the past ten years) and if you don't know that Jehovah will soon deal with all the wicked people and get rid of racism and cultural bigotry for good, then you start getting to a point where all you have left is hate and disdain.

Ebba was 11 years old when she was randomly killed by a terrorist in Stockholm. Her parents were shocked and saddened to hear that their dead daughter is being used as an excuse to commit atrocities. Her mum commented: “It is deeply tragic that Ebba’s name is abused in political propaganda.” Her dad had seen still images of a gun the shooter used with his daughter’s name on it, and exclaimed: “This is so absurd. I have never heard anything like this before. How ... are we going to be able to ever grieve in peace?”

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 minutes ago, Thike Salvmu said:

This shooting is certainly sickening to the core and our thoughts are with the families of the victims, but why are so many seemingly shocked that this kind of thing can happen? We know that we are living in the last days of Satan's wicked system. Isn't this kind of thing to be expected at this time?

Because there is a difference between our head and our heart. We know in our head that these things will happen but they still shock our heart when they do happen. When Jesus was on earth he knew that people will die but he still cried when he saw death. So we are not shocked that things like this can happen, we are shocked when they do happen.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Because there is a difference between our head and our heart. We know in our head that these things will happen but they still shock our heart when they do happen. When Jesus was on earth he knew that people will die but he still cried when he saw death. So we are not shocked that things like this can happen, we are shocked when they do happen.

Fair enough. I guess being a deep thinker myself, I will never understand those that are governed by emotion. :) I still try though.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

After the terrorist attacks in Madrid in 2004 everybody here was shocked and scared, so the branch organized a special campaign to bring some comfort and hope to our neighbors. I remember we were suggested to read them Jeremiah 29:11:

(Jeremiah 29:11) “‘For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.

People in general responded quite well and even many who usually don't listen to us expressed their appreciation. I guess a similar campaign will be organized in NZ soon.

15 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Yes it is just so unbelievable for it to happen in your part of the world. 

One National broadcast reported that NZ was chosen to prove that nowhere in the world is safe..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

One National broadcast reported that NZ was chosen to prove that nowhere in the world is safe..

‘Chosen’ makes it sound like it’s organised. It is not. But they are inspired by a similar framework of ideas.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Yes it was organized it had been organized for over year or maybe even two, but the target originally was not NZ, it is only in recent months he decided to make it a NZ based target.

So I'm guessing other plans either by the group he's associated with (even if its not an official group there was more than one) or by other groups.