JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October 2019 Study Edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1723 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Yep, gone now......

GM! I checked my Samsung phone, and the Questions were still downloaded, but I got thinking...My devices are not automatically updated in the Play Store, so I checked, and sure enough..there was..a small one..So after I updated my phone, the Questions were removed under "what's new"..however, when I checked under Publications, it was still downloaded and has same content when opened!!

Edited by SUNRAY

added thought, spelling

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

3 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Does anyone who downloaded it have the inside cover? There may be an explanation 

I think it was posted by accident and the brothers have corrected the mistake. What else needs to be said?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

34 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think it was posted by accident and the brothers have corrected the mistake. What else needs to be said?

I still have it under 2019 Wts...but that said, isn't it the case that when other languages are translated, that the English version is used as a basis?..or..some zealous brother saw this and posted it?? hmmmm..just a thought..💡

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

So there has been a lot of brothers and sisters in my congregation going a bit over board at this new "Watchtower".  What does it mean?  Is it a new format?  The end is really close now, no time for paragraphs, just questions.

A bit shocked really.  Think about it logically.  How can you questions that relate to material from a paragraph that doesn't exist.  Where is the answer?  It clearly states this is/was just the study questions.  It will all clear up when the magazine is released soon.

I still have it under 2019 Wts...but that said, isn't it the case that when other languages are translated, that the English version is used as a basis?..or..some zealous brother saw this and posted it?? hmmmm..just a thought..

Checking the wrong box is quite easy, I guess.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

So there has been a lot of brothers and sisters in my congregation going a bit over board at this new "Watchtower".  What does it mean?  Is it a new format?  The end is really close now, no time for paragraphs, just questions.

A bit shocked really.  Think about it logically.  How can you questions that relate to material from a paragraph that doesn't exist.  Where is the answer?  It clearly states this is/was just the study questions.  It will all clear up when the magazine is released soon.

“Keeping your senses” is a key, and it’s going to be even more important in the future. Do not be easily swayed this way or that. On the other hand, it is encouraging that the brothers are longing for Armageddon. It’s a good thing. Armageddon will save us by ending human rule.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 6/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, J500 said:

Speculation: Perhaps the study question format is a new way for the FDS to help us remember content in our minds and not rely on printed or digital content. So when our spiritual food is taken away we can already be very efficient in recalling vital information. Kinda puts more emphasis on not missing any meetings going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. It’s easier to remember the answer to a question if you try to answer it before hearing the answer.

EDIT: Just read a recent post saying the questions being released may have been a mistake.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

46 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Here are the titles of the four articles that will be appearing in the October 2019 Study Edition Watchtower

Look at the September study WT articles and then look at the 2018 RC Sunday symposium. It looks like several articles in each magazine are from the symposium talks.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I sent myself an email with the JW_epub file attached and opened the email on my tablet.  I saved the attachment on my tablet and when I opened the saved downloaded file, it automatically installed on my tablet's JW Library app.
Screenshot_20190622_142613.thumb.jpg.fc2c80f0d49ddef0a02078e4bcad8be0.jpg

Brother Ross sent you a private message,

Charles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opening the KH this morning a sister who likes to be early and talk about the latest things I haven't heard of was there all "Did you see the Questions? What about the Questions? I couldn't get the Questions? What does it mean?", this faithful Sister would have gone on forever until someone else arrived for her to talk to (please bear in mind I get less than five hours sleep most Sunday mornings). So this time I could say "Yes, a lot were talking about that" and give a synopsis of the above comments. Her face as I spouted all this knowledge was a picture 😂 Then some visitors arrived so she could welcome them. So thanks to all for the various bits of Info. Agape

My dear Brother Hugh, perhaps you could out print some of the latest news from the internet, just to stop her from bombarding you 1st thing on a Sunday morning.

But lonely sisters are like that. They don't like to read stuff and are only looking for some human interactions. Sigh.

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Look at the September study WT articles and then look at the 2018 RC Sunday symposium. It looks like several articles in each magazine are from the symposium talks.

That dos not automatically mean it will be exactly the same information. We have had other clarifications already at the AM since those talks were begun during the convention season.

The title of the first article is a reminder its not business as usual. 

10 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

I still have it under 2019 Wts...but that said, isn't it the case that when other languages are translated, that the English version is used as a basis?..or..some zealous brother saw this and posted it?? hmmmm..just a thought..💡

I still have it too.....but under my "Favorites" .......

14 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I feel the same. It's obvious that the friends were testing something and someone pushed the wrong button. When they realized it, they corrected it quickly. That's all. It has happene dbefore and it will continue to happen as long as the friends at Bethel are imperfect.

When I saw several friends saying this change in format (?) is definite proof that the end is already here and we don't even have time to read the paragraphs I couldn't help wondering if we aren't all going nuts. I don't think all this hype and obsession and illogical reasoning is good at all.