JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October 2019 Study Edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1723 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Patrick Starfish said:

Do you think a time will come when the date stamp of The Watchtower would synchronize with the month when it would actually be used in the meetings (as was the case with Our Kingdom Ministry and now with Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Workbook)?

This would be extremely difficult, if not impossible.  We study the Watchtower every week.  We get a continuous supply of those study articles every month.  In order to eventually sync together like the KM or the MWMWB they would have to skip months - go from the Oct. magazine to the Feb. magazine, for example.  Or they would have to publish a magazine each week for a couple of months until we were in sync.   Or publish larger magazines with more articles until we were in sync.  

It would be less confusing if the Oct. magazine was studied in Oct, but it really isn't necessary to change how we do things now.

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I still have everything under Frequently used, can read all the questions 

but it’s gone from other section (what’s new) 

I do not believe the APP has a way to delete what has already been downloaded and saved.  Anyone who already has downloaded the files should still have them.  

15 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I do not believe the APP has a way to delete what has already been downloaded and saved.  Anyone who already has downloaded the files should still have them.  

Yes, that's why I am happy that I have downloaded the file and can view it on frequently  used section .. :D

But like I said, it disappeared from What's New section, I can only access it on  Frequently Used.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

This would be extremely difficult, if not impossible.  We study the Watchtower every week.  We get a continuous supply of those study articles every month.  In order to eventually sync together like the KM or the MWMWB they would have to skip months - go from the Oct. magazine to the Feb. magazine, for example.  Or they would have to publish a magazine each week for a couple of months until we were in sync.   Or publish larger magazines with more articles until we were in sync.  

Or they could stop issuing the Study WT until the issue date matches the study date.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, that's why I am happy that I have downloaded the file and can view it on frequently  used section .. :D

But like I said, it disappeared from What's New section, I can only access it on  Frequently Used.

Just curious...If you go to the publications and select Watchtower and choose 2019...does that section now show Public at the top, Study in the middle and Questions at the bottom?

I was amazed that the download made a new category on my devices.

3 hours ago, carlos said:

I feel the same. It's obvious that the friends were testing something and someone pushed the wrong button. When they realized it, they corrected it quickly. That's all. It has happene dbefore and it will continue to happen as long as the friends at Bethel are imperfect.

When I saw several friends saying this change in format (?) is definite proof that the end is already here and we don't even have time to read the paragraphs I couldn't help wondering if we aren't all going nuts. I don't think all this hype and obsession and illogical reasoning is good at all.

I like this comment.

On the one hand, it's so endearing that we're all so excited for the end to come that we're seeing "signs" of it everywhere, even when someone accidentally uploads something. Life must really be getting tough for us (it sure is, for my part) for us to desperately grasp for the end. That's a beautiful thing and Jehovah will reward our faith and give us relief.

On the other hand, we all need to calm down. The GB will announce what this "new format" (if it is that) is at the "proper time." Apparently, this past Saturday was not it. Our questions will be answered and it will either a) be totally mundane we'll all laugh at how far we were stretching things, or b) OMG Armageddon is here!

For the record, I'm fine with either of those. 😉 

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Just curious...If you go to the publications and select Watchtower and choose 2019...does that section now show Public at the top, Study in the middle and Questions at the bottom?

Yes.... excatly how it is shown.... Public...Study..... Questions...

37 minutes ago, jwhess said:

On my phone and tablet it does make a new Questions category at the bottom.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Not in my iPad , and not on my Samsung phone 

if someone who downloaded them in pdf wants to pm me I won’t refuse 

They have never been published as pdf in a English, only jwpub. On the other hand, other languages have had it as pdf previously, but never jwpub.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Am fascinated by the title of study article 42 viz- "What Will Jehovah Cause You To Become?".  From the questions, all that's available right now, am discerning that if we allow him, Jehovah can equip us to serve him in special and unique ways. He can empower us and use us in the working out of his purpose.  This prospect excites me so much!  What a wonderful privilege extended to us especially at this time when his purpose is about to be fulfilled so spectacularly.

5 hours ago, Hope said:

It's not showing up in mine. Maybe I don't get to know how to survive Tribulation  😢

In most cases Sr. Uani, if the original jwpub file was not downloaded during the 8-10 hours it was up, you will not be able to see it.  I did have it on my Android cell phone for a couple of hours but when you pushed the "download" cloud emblem it either refused or gave an error message.  But last night the entire item, category and 'what's new' all disappeared from that device.

We'll have the Watchtower the questions belong to in just a few days and then everyone will have both the questions and the article, right??

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

We'll have the Watchtower the questions belong to in just a few days and then everyone will have both the questions and the article, right??

We'll have the the answers to the WT questions as well as the answers to our questions lol.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

12 minutes ago, felito said:

I still got it

Do you have part 3 of the Gilead graduation yet?

BTW, I noticed that you aren't keeping up with your magazine reading in English....:lol1:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 hours ago, jwhess said:

we have never missed publishing an issue in 140 years...😊

Wasn't there a time when we published 'double issues'?

Overall, same amount of material but half the frequency.  WW2 era?

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

Wasn't there a time when we published 'double issues'?

Overall, same amount of material but half the frequency.  WW2 era?

The Watchtower and Awake each came out twice a month.  Watchtower on the 1st and 15th, the Awake the 8th and 22nd of each month.  Once we went to the Public and Study copies of the Watchtower the shift was so that the 1st of the month WT was the public edition and the 15th of the month WT was the study edition.  The Awake went to monthly.  Now the public editions of both the WT and Awake are every 4 months.  

16 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

The Watchtower and Awake each came out twice a month.  

Maybe I read in the Proclaimers book that there was a time when they printed two magazines together in one issue. Thus reducing the normal schedule of magazines by 50%.  Probably WW1 or WW2.