JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October 2019 Study Edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1722 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Bluebell said:

STUDY ARTICLE 41   Stay Faithful Through the “Great Tribulation"

8. How will our message likely change in the future?

12. How has “the faithful and discreet slave” been preparing us for what is coming in the future?
14. (a) What change will take place regarding the brothers who take the lead on earth?

It was question 4a that caught my attention;

What might the nations say to justify their attack on false religion?

Look forward to the answer because they will not attack without some kind of rational. I suppose they might even try to 'sell'  their decision in the media prior to or during the attack.

What I find “personally” interesting is I’ve never had a study Watchtower pop up in JWLibrary before the website. 

With my tablet its always a few days later.

Just started reading the questions...goosebumps are popping up. 😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Speculation: Perhaps the study question format is a new way for the FDS to help us remember content in our minds and not rely on printed or digital content. So when our spiritual food is taken away we can already be very efficient in recalling vital information. Kinda puts more emphasis on not missing any meetings going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

It was question 4a that caught my attention;

What might the nations say to justify their attack on false religion?

Look forward to the answer because they will not attack without some kind of rational. I suppose they might even try to 'sell'  their decision in the media prior to or during the attack.

It is possible that they have learnt that a majority of the anointed ones have already received their sealing. I think they should have a list of all the anointed and just ask them to report their sealing. That way, they could know how far we are in the stream of last day events. 

Hi is there a link to download that magazine from akameid?
Thanks

Here it is. Questions only so far, no paragraphs or illustrations.

https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=201910&output=html&pub=wqu&fileformat=PDF%2CEPUB%2CJWPUB%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

So the study questions are out. But not the articles themselves , never seen this format before. IMG_4850.thumb.jpg.2105f5dcb1b7a8c1d54f06ee0cd8a347.jpgIMG_4851.thumb.jpg.7d21932f7eb468aa55e7bcba58bef8a5.jpgIMG_4848.thumb.jpg.5b2ba97e20f12d47c5eb50adba893724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some languages have had questions only for a while. This is a pdf of the Nengone Edition.

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/c7/wqu_RE_201908.pdf

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The WT questions have their own section in JWLIBRARY too. Very interesting. 

I remember when some publications were made without questions and they were offered in the ministry and there were question books available so the publication could be studied later.

I wonder if the Oct Study WT will be part of a special campaign. That would be interesting. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

I wonder if the Oct Study WT will be part of a special campaign. That would be interesting. 

I missed the WT questions in library.  Thanks!

Would love a special campaign. 

Jehovah's chairot is certainly on the move.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't see the WT questions.  Where are they located in the library?, please.  Thanks

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

37 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I don't see the WT questions.  Where are they located in the library?, please.  Thanks

In the same section as the Study WT.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Maybe, since we recently got the download option of the reading one article at a time, it will be easier and faster to read the whole article and then ask the questions..similar to our midweek meeting Bible Study..Even at the Kingdom Hall, the reading could be done from the sound booth..one paragraph at a time, or all at one time..All the conductor would have to do is ask what thoughts would we like to share on paragraph one, as we are looking at the question on our device or paper copy...or..the question could be posted on the monitors..then we just raise our hand to answer..haha! This could be preparing us for meeting in small groups! Just imagine..if we have a device with the articles and audio downloaded, we plug in our earbuds, the conductor says..ok..listen or read the first paragraph..now..any thoughts on the first question..30 seconds or less? Since we need to have quiet gatherings, and not too long, so as to not draw attention, this could be advance direction..just my speculation!😎

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

That link does not work on laptop, have not tried  phone/tablet yet. Possibly a glitch?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

See my annual meeting speculation post!...

I am not a prophet or a son of a prophet...

18. (a) What has Jehovah guaranteed?  How does Revelation 7:9, 13-17 fill you with confidence about the future?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk