JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Coronavirus outbreak edges closer to pandemic status

People suspected of being infected with the new coronavirus talk with health workers  in Daegu, South Korea, on Feb. 21, 2020. The country reported 100 new cases the same day. (Kim Hyun-tae/AP) People suspected of being infected with the new coronavirus talk with health workers in Daegu, South Korea, on Feb. 21, 2020. The country reported 100 new cases the same day. (Kim Hyun-tae/AP)........ not a pandemic yet numbers have to be much higher in other countries

Here's a toilet tip if going in Walmart or a restaurant. I don't know how true this is, but she suggested that when going into a bathroom at a shopping mall or a restaurant, to please check the inside.  Does the floor look wet (maybe they just mopped it) or wet from some who couldn't it the mark.  She also advised that "you don't want splash back."  I was like...what"  Splash back? What in the world???  She said she always puts a little bit of toilet paper in the bowl first, and when you go, it doesn't splash back up on your backside and other areas.  Well, I tried what she said when the other day, a sister and I took a ride to a restaurant.  I must say it as very clean in there, even in the stall.  The toilet looked clean too, but then I recalled those words..."Splash Back!  LOL  I did that, put a little toilet paper in the bowl, and I had no issues.  I used toilet paper to open my stall door. Went right to the sink, and wash both my hands.  Used the paper towel rack and or the air blower (they had both).  Opened the main door with a paper towel.  It all sounds hysterical, but let's talk reality here.  I noticed some friends at my hall are doing the same, in the sister's bathroom and the brothers.  It's dangerous time we are living in.  Someone asked me how did I hold myself up, well they do have handicap bathrooms and I held on the the bar with a paper towel over it.  Still washed my hands though.  Tomorrow is my meeting, am wearing a mask.  You can do what you want, but am wearing a mask.  It might stop germs and it might not.  Whatever, it's called "shrewed is the one who see's the calamity, and takes precautions. (my version)

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

I bought one and I cant breathe that much. 

LDC requires that volunteers fill out a medical questionnaire before donning a N95 mask. It does restrict breathing and creates stress on the body. You might need a medical evaluation before using a N95.

Surgical masks create less stress on the body however they will not filter smoke and dust particulates like the N95 does, they were designed so the user wouldn't contaminate others, however they can be worn as a precautionary protection. Viruses can easily pass through the filter but the virus is attached to liquid vapor which is stopped by the mask.

Wear a surgical mask as a layer of protection but don't develop a false sense of security. 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Here's a toilet tip if going in Walmart or a restaurant.

Do you have access to the latest LDC newsletter about cell phones?

Apparently some cell phones may be up to 10 times dirtier than toilet seats...😳

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/23/europe/italy-novel-coronavirus-spike-intl/index.html

Italy's confirmed cases surged from three on Friday morning to more than 130 by Sunday morning.

Italy's spike now marks the biggest outbreak outside of Asia.

........ announced a ban on public and private meetings, and closures of schools, universities and museums in the region.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51602007

Coronavirus: Venice Carnival closes as Italy imposes lockdown

Edited by Bluebell

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/93485/10-dirtiest-things-you-touch-every-day

10 of the Dirtiest Things You Touch Every Day

1. SPONGES AND DISHCLOTHS  2. SINKS, FAUCETS, AND HANDLES 3. TOOTHBRUSHES AND TOOTHBRUSH HOLDERS 4. REFRIGERATOR HANDLES 5. CUTTING BOARDS 6. REMOTE CONTROLS 7. PHONES 8. PURSES 9. GROCERY CARTS 10. KEYBOARDS

Keyboards! What am I doing! HELP!!!   

2020-02-05_15h36_25.png

Just now, Lee49 said:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/93485/10-dirtiest-things-you-touch-every-day

10 of the Dirtiest Things You Touch Every Day

1. SPONGES AND DISHCLOTHS  2. SINKS, FAUCETS, AND HANDLES 3. TOOTHBRUSHES AND TOOTHBRUSH HOLDERS 4. REFRIGERATOR HANDLES 5. CUTTING BOARDS 6. REMOTE CONTROLS 7. PHONES 8. PURSES 9. GROCERY CARTS 10. KEYBOARDS

Keyboards! What am I doing! HELP!!!   

2020-02-05_15h36_25.png

It's ok, it's my keyboard, it's my bacterias :D 

Anyone notice Coronavirus started to spread right after Trumps huge trade deal announcement, that he was saying would be good for the world? I know it's a coincidence, but it's kinda ironic.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

10 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

What's really ironic is that my dog got sick I was taking him to the vet and I hit and killed a cat. Or one day I was talking to this animal rights activists and she got really upset because I was eating veal wrapped in PETA bread

Interesting but I think you posted in the wrong topic. Now that is ironic! :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Anyone here have an opinion on the accuracy of the NY Post? Vey interesting.

THE NEW YORK POST

Opinion: Author argues the coronavirus behind the COVID-19 outbreak may have leaked from a Chinese virology lab

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab-2020-02-22

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

51 minutes ago, johnnyjw01 said:

I live in Italy and meeting in some cities are suspended... Bethel sent all the congregations in Italy a letter suggesting us to avoid hugs, kisses, handshakes and other advice... 

Around a dozen towns in Italy are in lockdown as the country races to contain the biggest outbreak of coronavirus in Europe after a surge in cases

1 hour ago, johnnyjw01 said:

I live in Italy and meeting in some cities are suspended... Bethel sent all the congregations in Italy a letter suggesting us to avoid hugs, kisses, handshakes and other advice... 

Local branches will give proper instructions on how to handle this epidemic as the situation start to get worse. It may be wise to cancel all meetings and/or door-to-door field service for a while, and avoid physical contacts between the brothers. (Pr 22:3)

Right now, it’s only Italy which has serious situation outside Asia, with over one hundred confirmed cases. But it is completely possible that it can grow in other countries as well. Right now, what is important is that no one panics, as we were foretold that this were to happen. (Lu 21:11; g16 No. 6 p. 3 ¶ 4)

Local branches will give proper instructions on how to handle this epidemic as the situation start to get worse. It may be wise to cancel all meetings and/or door-to-door field service for a while, and avoid physical contacts between the brothers. (Pr 22:3)

Right now, it’s only Italy which has serious situation outside Asia, with over one hundred confirmed cases. But it is completely possible that it can grow in other countries as well. Right now, what is important is that no one panics, as we were foretold that this were to happen. (Lu 21:11; g16 No. 6 p. 3 ¶ 4)

Here in Sweden, the authorities ask people who have recently visited the affected areas in Italy to seek medical care via the national emergency phone number if they suspect symptoms of respiratory infection, and not visit hospitals or emergency rooms.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Here in Sweden, the authorities ask people who have recently visited the affected areas in Italy to seek medical care via the national emergency phone number if they suspect symptoms of respiratory infection, and not visit hospitals or emergency rooms.

This is true here as well. We have encouraged this procedure from much earlier actually, since Korea has a nasty history of Hospital-Acquired Infection back in 2015 during the MERS outbreak case. Many people were infected of this quite rare disease simply by visiting hospital, so now we won't try to repeat the same mistake.

Right now however, one of the local cults in our country was confirmed as a prime suspect for the main reason for bringing the number of infected individual high. Now this has caused quite the uproar and much hatred towards religion from general public here. (See post #611.) 

56 minutes ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Actually I'm seriously worried, things in Italy are getting worse 😭