JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

almost all humans catch this at short period of time is it possible to end this pandemic? I say YES. it´s possible.

Only time will tell...

I believe one of the first US Omicron deaths had had Covid already (source dancing doctor on TikTok 🤦‍♂️.) It was initially proven we could get Covid twice by people dying the second time. I'd like it if that happened but as you say "Only time will tell..." 

Ps dear sister @Sofia, I hope my posts haven't come across as :touche:. While I have a serious anger against the deceivers and liars in the world for me these posts and discussion here have been a learning experience.

14 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

3- Role of viruses in the environment

• Various genetically modified bacterias are prepared with the help of virus vectors to control air pollution, oil spills in water bodies, clean up mercury pollution and detect arsenic in drinking water.
  • Transgenic crops produced by virus carriers have remarkably reduced the use of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers thus reducing soil and water pollution.

https://readbiology.com/benefits-of-virus/

Not sure that the situation in the N.S. would warrant the use of these kind of viruses.

Certainly not for health reasons.. but maybe for industrial or engineering reasons?

Using microbes as an expansion to using animals (hopefully) in the Nw.

Like I said, I hope monkeys clean my garden in the future.

7 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Certainly not for health reasons.. but maybe for industrial or engineering reasons?

Using microbes as an expansion to using animals (hopefully) in the Nw.

Like I said, I hope monkeys clean my garden in the future.

That's just so you can get away with paying them peanuts.

Another comment on attitudes, the Fast Food joint beside me (Eddie Rockets) has a strong anti-vaxer in it. One of her colleagues even hid from her he was vaccinated because he felt intimidated by her. Few weeks ago she was in my shop with her mask around her neck when I commented on it she laughed in my face "Don't believe in them, I only wear them for work". I've known her there since before she was pregnant with the daughter who now works there too.

Well this Friday was a BUSY day in retail so I didn't get proper breaks. In a triumph of optimism over experience I ran to their hatch and ordered a lunch, she gave me an unexpected discount and told me to come back in ten minutes. Then it was back into the maelstrom. After fifteen minutes she realized what had happened and brought the food to me (a colleague laughed "He doesn't have time to eat").

If it wasn't for a militant anti-vaxer I probably wouldn't have eaten during an over ten hour shift. Disagree, but don't be disagreeable.

6 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

Another comment on attitudes, the Fast Food joint beside me (Eddie Rockets) has a strong anti-vaxer in it. One of her colleagues even hid from her he was vaccinated because he felt intimidated by her. Few weeks ago she was in my shop with her mask around her neck when I commented on it she laughed in my face "Don't believe in them, I only wear them for work". I've known her there since before she was pregnant with the daughter who now works there too.

Well this Friday was a BUSY day in retail so I didn't get proper breaks. In a triumph of optimism over experience I ran to their hatch and ordered a lunch, she gave me an unexpected discount and told me to come back in ten minutes. Then it was back into the maelstrom. After fifteen minutes she realized what had happened and brought the food to me (a colleague laughed "He doesn't have time to eat").

If it wasn't for a militant anti-vaxer I probably wouldn't have eaten during an over ten hour shift. Disagree, but don't be disagreeable.

A little off topic, but I have to comment on this.  During our service meeting, meekness was discussed. Meekness had a definition I didn't expect.  Endurance without irritation or thought of retaliation.  That's what you demonstrated.  Meekness.  That's how we can handle rabid pro or anti vaccine/mask people.  Meekness.  Although, if you show meekness and they're still foaming at the mouth... THEY CRAZY!!  RRRUUUUNNNN!!!!  😅😂🤣

10 hours ago, carlos said:

That fourth shot is just a rumor by now

Sure hope so 🙄

there should be appropriate time between boosts. This is serious.

————

B7D2EB43-D904-48EE-8EAB-F94D92B9A335.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

hope my posts haven't come across as :touche:

No way !

I love all of you

all my bros and sis !

I was afraid you were misinformed about vaccine fading away versus imunity generated by it

so I wanted to clarify for all the readers here understand well

thank you for all your contribution here in the Forum 🤗🤗🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

So a ship docked in Cuba have coronavirus on board although 100% of the crew were all vaccinated.

Omicron has broken through this vaccination as well.  It has been said that although people are vaccinated we should still adhere to social distancing and not packed into one place.

This plague in my opinion can go straight on into the GT.

Bro. Russell in a letter stated how great physical changes (climate change) could be expected as a part of the impending trouble intermingled with the social, political, financial and religious troubles would be present in these the last of the last days!

We will see how Jehovah works things through as we all await the GT that is standing in front of us.  We have never known days like this other then the Spanish Influenza however, prophecies although being fulfilled even in those days, there was just many more to be fulfilled in the horizon.  We are waiting for P&S, destruction of BG and then the GT.

15 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Sorry to be that guy but it appears that the Spanish Flu is still with us as seasonal flu which kills tens of thousands each year even with vaccinations (I'm one who takes it every year, still get sick so no super immunity but symptoms are reduced). So while I hope Covid will wither away that hasn't happened yet with Spanish Flu, AIDs, Ebola, Hepatitis etc etc. 

True. There are 4 other coronaviruses that circulate among humans. We all catch them early in life when our immune systems are robust and our bodies learn how to fight it off. When they come back around and infect us again and again, it's only ever a cold. It's logical to assume that in time, this coronavirus will be just like the others. It wreaks havoc because it's novel, or new, and no human had ever been exposed to it and therefore had no immunity to help combat it.

So like the spanish flu, this coronavirus is here to stay. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

First day back to work after all two days of Xmas holidays, before I start I'm told one guy won't be in (his partner has tested positive twice on antigen and is waiting for a pcr test, he's fully vaxed and came up negative on multiple antigen tests but still needs to isolate and care for their young children.). Later the phone rings, I'm told a customer is being put through looking to return wine, that he's even asking tells me that he's no receipt.

Me "Hello, I understand that you want to return some wine"

Him "Yes, we got them for a wedding but it's had to be cancelled because of a Covid outbreak"

Me :facepalmpo2:Don't be the bad guy Don't be the bad guy

Me "Please tell me that you have the receipt"

Him 'No but I do have things that prove nothing and you won't want to type out"

Me C'mon, think of something, find out what we're dealing with anyway 

Me "That wine has been several prices over the last month, without proof of purchase I can only offer you the cheapest price which was 8 Euro"

He "That's fine, I think that's the price we paid in the first place"

Me Finally getting somewhere, tell him my name so he knows who to ask for and when I'll be in.

Him "Actually the earliest I'll be able to come is Friday because we had to cancel the wedding as it's my fiance who's got Covid and I'm a close contact"

Me I'm sure you are, but set things so he can be taken care of as I don't expect to see him this week.

Morals:

1) There really is someone worse off.

2) Rules are Rules, but try to be kind with them.

3) The case numbers show that Covid is escalating in Ireland, but you don't understand it until you meet the humans suffering.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/live-updates-spain-sets-pandemic-record-cases-81967678   28 December 2021

Updating pandemic figures for the first time in four days, health authorities reported 214,619 new cases late on Monday, bringing the 14-day national caseload to a pandemic record level of 1,206 new infections per 100,000 residents. At the height of the January surge, which until now was the one that infected most people in Spain, the rate had surged to 900.

Authorities reported 120 new deaths since Dec. 23

Edited by happiness IS

12 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/live-updates-spain-sets-pandemic-record-cases-81967678   28 December 2021

Updating pandemic figures for the first time in four days, health authorities reported 214,619 new cases late on Monday, bringing the 14-day national caseload to a pandemic record level of 1,206 new infections per 100,000 residents. At the height of the January surge, which until now was the one that infected most people in Spain, the rate had surged to 900.

Authorities reported 120 new deaths since Dec. 23

Real numbers are actually quite higher since not all are being tested and the testing capacity reached its limits

Danmark

portugal

south africa

all these have reached the limit capacity testing 

Scientists are now saying what I wrote here days ago.

This disease is different.

The virus is different. Covid-19 is comming to an end. This should be COVID-21.

https://www.voanews.com/a/new-study-suggests-infection-from-omicron-variant-can-enhance-immunity-to-delta-/6372670.html

This is a different coronavirus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/28/omicron-is-not-the-same-disease-as-earlier-covid-waves-says-uk-scientist

NHS staff absences caused by having to isolate over Omicron are also causing strain on the health service, with experts predicting up to 40% of staff in London could be off in a “worst case scenario”.

“We’re now seeing a significant increase in the level of staff absences, and quite a few of our chief executives are saying that they think that that’s probably going to be a bigger problem and a bigger challenge for them than necessarily the number of people coming in who need treatment because of Covid,” said Hopson.

More staff will be absent in many places, creating havoc all over the world...

Speaking on Tuesday, Paul Hunter, a professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, said people with Covid should eventually be allowed to “go about their normal lives” as they would with a common cold.

“This is a disease that’s not going away. Ultimately, we’re going to have to let people who are positive with Covid go about their normal lives as they would do with any other cold,” he told BBC Breakfast. “If the self-isolation rules are what’s making the pain associated with Covid, then we need to do that perhaps sooner rather than later.

South Africa´s authorities are starting to let go. USA have shortened the isolation period from 10 to 5 days to assymptomatic ones.

Here where I live more that 50% are tested positive. 

I had omicron weeks ago.

Edited by Sofia

I do think Omicron is a “blessing in disguise” so to speak, in the sense that if we are going to deal with covid, we would prefer a mild or milder strain. 

….or this is not a “blessing”… it’s nature simply doing what nature does. 

I think the jury is still out on thing as it relates to the US and the obesity issue we have here. 

But it doesn’t appear as was stated, to be on the level of Delta. 

3 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Long way of MI getting out of it

Thirty-seven of Michigan’s 83 counties reported week-over-week increases in new COVID-19 cases for the week of Dec. 23-29.

While that’s considerably fewer than two weeks ago when 76 counties reported an increase, the state has continued to see a rise in coronavirus case rates. On Wednesday, Dec. 30, Michigan’s seven-day average reached a pandemic-high 8,402 confirmed cases per day.

Spoiler

Wayne County, home to more than 1.7 million Michiganders and the city of Detroit, saw an 83% increase in new cases, or a jump from 9,754 cases Dec. 15-21 to 17,855 cases Dec. 23-29.

Similarly, Washtenaw saw a 97% increase, Oakland climbed 70%, Macomb grew 60%, and Kent increased 58%.

Together, those five counties made up about 70% of the state’s cases for the week, despite accounting for about 49% of the population.

2 hours ago, happiness IS said:

Wayne County, home to more than 1.7 million Michiganders and the city of Detroit

We lived in Wayne County, moved in 1991, a sister in law has long term covid, a brother in law died of complications from covid shortly after the pandemic started.