JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

10 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Already happening here in Australia.  Only testing with PCR if symptomatic or defined as a "close contact" (which is  defined as anyone living with you in your house staying more than 4 hrs with you.  The fact that we also work with people for 8 hrs a day, government doesn't care anymore).  Queues are now unmanageable, and your PCR test results are unlikely to come back in a timely manner, so you isolate yourself for many days waiting for the result (and that may be negative).  And if positive, you'll need another pcr test to return to the workforce.  So another enormous time wasting in the queue.

Hoping that like South Africe, in a few weeks we'll see a downturn in cases, and hospitalisations accordingly.  In the meantime, we just have to be sensible and self-isolate if we have symptoms and only go to hospital if symptoms get worse.  Just like you would do if you had something similar that is infectious - stay away from others until you are better.

Agree. I hope that trend follows here too. 

empty shelves at a shop

And now due to staff furloughed or actually with covid, supply chains are being affected.

"The staffing issues are affecting all industries and a leading economist warns the situation will worsen as more and more workers fall ill with COVID-19.

Jim Stanford from the Centre for Future Work said worker absenteeism in essential services like healthcare, childcare centres and aged care could present a "life-threatening catastrophe".

Shortages are affecting "everything from your neighbourhood coffee shop or pub, up to major corporations, factories, transportation companies".

Dr Stanford said one-third of workers in NSW could be in isolation over the coming weeks."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-05/covid-19-staff-shortages-hit-all-industries-across-nsw/100740638

Is it the same where you are?  Our state of WA is still untouched by all of this, but I know it's coming....

5 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

empty shelves at a shop

And now due to staff furloughed or actually with covid, supply chains are being affected.

"The staffing issues are affecting all industries and a leading economist warns the situation will worsen as more and more workers fall ill with COVID-19.

Jim Stanford from the Centre for Future Work said worker absenteeism in essential services like healthcare, childcare centres and aged care could present a "life-threatening catastrophe".

Shortages are affecting "everything from your neighbourhood coffee shop or pub, up to major corporations, factories, transportation companies".

Dr Stanford said one-third of workers in NSW could be in isolation over the coming weeks."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-05/covid-19-staff-shortages-hit-all-industries-across-nsw/100740638

Is it the same where you are?  Our state of WA is still untouched by all of this, but I know it's coming....

I have alerted for this weeks ago ... This will go further worse... be aware.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Went shopping this morning. A lot of shelves were empty even items on sale for today only. Another store, a truck never came in this morning thus some groceries were really in short supply or non existent.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

13 hours ago, Bob said:

Yeah. Good point. As I see it, the only way to keep it under control is to test literally every US citizen twice a week and isolate any and everyone who tests positive. 

In other words, you’ll have to shut society down because tens of millions of people have it and tens of millions of people will have to stay home. 

Or, mandate masks and limit large gatherings.  Not a full shut down, but controlling crowd size and exposure.  Only allow vaccinated in restaurants and entertainment events.  

If people in the US would just wear masks and nothing else, numbers would be better than they are. 

55 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Or, mandate masks and limit large gatherings.  Not a full shut down, but controlling crowd size and exposure.  Only allow vaccinated in restaurants and entertainment events.  

If people in the US would just wear masks and nothing else, numbers would be better than they are. 

I don’t know if that makes a difference at this point. Maybe a year and a half ago, maybe,  but masks and vaccine mandates are in NY and California and it’s not slowed the spread a single bit. 

I mean New York is averaging over 60k cases per day with these sort of mandates in force. 

So I’m not sure if they are working. Yes people have to follow the rules, but what if covid doesn’t play by our rules? 

I think the error we are making is believing we have the capacity to control it via artificial means (masks, mandates, etc). 

Perhaps it’s out of our control and really always has been. 

Edited by Bob

On an additional note, I’ve made peace with the probable inevitability that I will catch Omicron due to its milder and asymptomatic nature, and based on how awfully contagious it is. 

So I just brace myself by getting vaxxed and boosted, and wearing masks when necessary. 

I personally believe that’s the reality now. 

Edited by Bob

54 minutes ago, Bob said:

I don’t know if that makes a difference at this point. Maybe a year and a half ago, maybe,  but masks and vaccine mandates are in NY and California and it’s not slowed the spread a single bit. 

I mean New York is averaging over 60k cases per day with these sort of mandates in force. 

So I’m not sure if they are working. Yes people have to follow the rules, but what if covid doesn’t play by our rules? 

I think the error we are making is believing we have the capacity to control it via artificial means (masks, mandates, etc). 

Perhaps it’s out of our control and really always has been. 

Mandating something and people actually following the mandate is 2 very different things, eh.

Anyway, it is as it is.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

I dont believe this will thrive at all... time will tell. But I have strong reasons to believe it wont 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Mandating something and people actually following the mandate is 2 very different things, eh.

Anyway, it is as it is.

True. I watched the NYE thingy in New York and it was astonishing to me how many policemen were unmasked and in that huge crowd of people. I mean.. it was even cold outside, so not too much trouble, was it?

Apparently, it was 😔  Definitely not good examples 

The Monday report for December 30 - January 3, the 5 day report for the U P of Michigan went up 696 cases. 

Alger county where Ross and I live went up 24 cases.

Marquette county: 266. This county alone in the U P has well over 7,000 cases. 😳 🤦‍♀️

Unreal. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

14 minutes ago, Loopy said:

The Monday report for December 30 - January 3, the 5 day report for the U P of Michigan went up 696 cases. 

Marquette county: 266. This county alone in the U P has well over 7,000 cases. 😳 🤦‍♀️

Unreal. 

After reading your post and then your Signature, what a contrast between the old world we live in now and the new world coming..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

It seems that all 50 states and Puerto Rico are all Level 4 -Red from the Special Full Time Servant Guidance given to Elders.

The islands in the USA branch are at Level 2 and 3 though.

Let's all be careful.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

48 minutes ago, Dages said:

France at 330k

Italy at 189k

Spain at 137k

Look at the curves! 

Portugal has 88% population vaccinated, today we had 40k cases. Government expects soom 1 million to be in closure at home... this country will stop without employees to work...

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

Unreal. 

Wow! 😳

Just checked out today’s count. This is only for 2 days. Tuesday and today.

For just 2 days: 640 cases. Only 56 cases shy of the previous 5 day report. 🤦‍♀️

Alger county had 15 cases.

Marquette county:  205 cases

Yes, we certainly do need the New World and Doctor Michael to give the cure of this sick world.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Dont be surprised if soon scientists say:

- COVID-19 is gone. We are having COVID-21

- Omicron is NOT a SARS - reason bellow. Its a coronavirus... but not a SARS anymore.

- Omicron variant didnt evolve from any other "actual" variant. It comes directly from the Whuan strain.

- Omicron has a unique insertion, NOT deletion, an Insertion. So someone has put it in there. That insertion makes this virus to enter the cells by endocytosis instead of using the TMPRESS2 protein to cleave the subunits (like Delta). This is a unique form of entry, which makes omicron more transmissible, with less incubation period and causing less disease. 

- Omicron cant cause citokine storm, it wont cause atypic pneumonia. Therefore cant cause: 

Severe

Acute

Respiratory

Syndrome

- It seems to have been developed in a lab.

This is what we are having right now... :crying:

photo source: wikipedia:

1024px-Omicron_SARS-CoV-2_radial_distance_tree_2021-Dec-01.svg.png

Edited by Sofia

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Perhaps because people don't follow the mandates 🤷

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Can't catch covid if you aren't around an infected person.