JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

8 hours ago, vern said:

Corona virus.....

Covid 19 is the lung complication..

Being that omicron isnot a sars... It i.would imaginebe rare to cause covid19....

Exactly 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

How likely is it that, amid this Omicron+Delta chaos, a new variant that's more deadly and as fast as Omicron can come into existence? Is such a possibility something that's hard to take place scientifically or is it something that we just have to stay put and pray not to happen? 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

2 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

How likely is it that, amid this Omicron+Delta chaos, a new variant that's more deadly and as fast as Omicron can come into existence? Is such a possibility something that's hard to take place scientifically or is it something that we just have to stay put and pray not to happen? 

Jehovah is our God

we are at the cusp of GT

sincerely I think no more bad viruses will come now upon the pandemic

the prophecies don’t mention GT with disease

or am I missing something?

pestilence is part of the signal

but not after GT right?

anyone can correct me please?

2 hours ago, BLEmom said:

This is weird science

“It's important to emphasize that the next variant — and there will definitely be one — may not evolve from omicron and it will not necessarily have these characteristics," Gupta says.“

now I say: if omicron outcompete all other variants where will a new variant will come from?

there s no current whuan alpha or beta 

delta is extinguishing 

so I don’t understand what this man is saying. Scaring people? Why?

2 hours ago, BLEmom said:

“Whether you've been previously infected or vaccinated, you're more likely to have a milder course than a person who is immune naive," Goldstein says.”

true

since many humans will be exposed to omicron there will be enough imunity to cope with future variants 

just to let you know that consulting GISAID I see there are now 3 subtypes of omicron

yes it was changed already

the omicron circulating in UK is slightly different from omicron in South Africa 

Still the outcome is sill milder 

it hasn’t mutated into a more dangerous strain but yet more transmissible

In Canada omicron is dominant strain.  Hospitalization is up dramatically and so are those in ICU. Yes people are dying from omicron and it seems to older ones in poor health but there are a lot of previously healthy ones under 30 who are getting it. Some are dying, mainly the unvaxed ones.

I hate auto correct.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

This is weird science

“It's important to emphasize that the next variant — and there will definitely be one — may not evolve from omicron and it will not necessarily have these characteristics," Gupta says.“

Since delta was dominant and we still ended up with a variant that did not come from delta, the reasoning doesn’t seem unscientific. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

What does this result mean? Can you tell if it's omicron?

Screenshot_20220115-142251_Gallery.jpg

Omicron

you have TSF(target s gene failure)

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

Since delta was dominant and we still ended up with a variant that did not come from delta, the reasoning doesn’t seem unscientific. 

The origin of omicron seems not scientific 🙄🙄🙄

whuan original b 1.1 doesn’t exist anymore outside a lab

omicron doesn’t cause S A R S ( sudden acute respiratory síndrome)

it’s not a SARS anymore

spike gene is totally different 

virions enter the cell in a whole different way ( endocitosis) without the need of the TMPRESS2 surface protein 🤨🤨

thus can’t harm the lungs

has it evolved?!

or was it created?

Edited by Sofia

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Jehovah is our God

we are at the cusp of GT

sincerely I think no more bad viruses will come now upon the pandemic

the prophecies don’t mention GT with disease

or am I missing something?

pestilence is part of the signal

but not after GT right?

anyone can correct me please?

Did you feel this strongly in 2019?  If someone in 2019 or 2018 had said we would see another global pandemic like the Spanish Flu before the Great Tribulation, would you have believed it?  

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Did you feel this strongly in 2019?  If someone in 2019 or 2018 had said we would see another global pandemic like the Spanish Flu before the Great Tribulation, would you have believed it?  

Yes

it was spoken in our publications

it would be a question of when

not if

Habakuk also mentioned a big pestilence before Jehovah comes

before

not after

🤷‍♀️

it was unexpected? In a way yes

about the date

but not totally unexpected 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Im drawing a blank as to which publication 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102005924 :

quoting: The fulfillment of the prophecies involving “pestilences” and “deadly plague” has brought about immeasurable fear, misery, and loss of life. And according to the journal Microbes and Infection, “there is no reason to suppose that another pandemic will not occur at some future date. That this will happen, seems inevitable.”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102005923 :

quoting: According to many experts, it is not a question of if such a vicious flu virus will return but of when and how it will return. In fact, some expect a significant new influenza outbreak every 11 years or so and a severe one approximately every 30 years. According to these predictions, mankind is overdue for another pandemic.

The medical journal Vaccine reported in 2003: “It has been 35 years since the last influenza pandemic, and the longest interval between pandemics recorded with certainty is 39 years.” The article continued: “The pandemic virus may emerge in China or a nearby country and could include surface antigens or virulence factors derived from animal influenza viruses.

The Vaccine article predicted concerning the virus: “It will spread rapidly throughout the world. Several waves of infection will occur. Morbidity will be extensive in all age groups, and there will be widespread disruption of social and economic activity in all countries. Excess mortality will be evident in most if not all age groups. It is unlikely that health care systems in even the most economically developed countries will be able to adequately cope with the demand for health care services.”

Just how alarming is such a scenario? John M. Barry, author of the book The Great Influenza, provides this perspective: “A terrorist with a nuclear weapon is every national politician’s nightmare. A new influenza pandemic should be.”

This has been on my mind ever since 2005. I was expecting a pandemic, before GT. Just had no idea about date of course.

Of course I was surprised. But not so surprised. After studying bible prophecies for so long... Habakuk mentions a big plague before Jehovah comes to judge all nations. It was written. We all should be expecting it someday... 

Awake! had it written above in 2005, so I took it as warning for the future. trust GB always. 

5 hours ago, pnutts said:

I believe that a reporter or similar attributed that warning to us mentioning that Awake,  however the article was quoting published reports.

Yes🧐🧐

nevertheless the GB found it credible information so it was published given all credit to Magazine “Nature” as source 😉

On 1/14/2022 at 8:48 PM, vern said:

Omicron is non sars..... 

Whats happening to make this even a threat?

Just like previous variants, Omicron is hospitalizing people and it is killing people. Hospitals are becoming increasingly overcrowded and understaffed.

It's may be a bit less threatening, but still a serious threat.

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

double post

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

4 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Just like previous variants, Omicron is hospitalizing people and it is killing people. Hospitals are becoming increasingly overcrowded and understaffed.

It's may be a bit less threatening, but still a serious threat.

It s not good if you have co-morbidities :(