JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, Sofia said:

In other words: if you had covid and get vaccinated you are NOT MORE protected against Delta. Current Vaccines do not improve your protection against Delta.

The article says the exact opposite.

I know this is your opinion, but the science doesn't back it up and the greater medical community is at odds with you.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

13 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

I look forward to your next post @Sofia

You are sweet thank you 😊 

here it goes:

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I know this is your opinion, but the science doesn't back it up and the greater medical community is at odds with you.

From the study:

4E8ECB8D-1FAA-4D7D-89F1-7A0C41916B3E.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Not my opinion.

Its in the article,

If the article published by CDC is biased... not my fault. 

Me and sister Lucy (thank you for helping me share the truth) shared the above graphic. It´s so clear, now isnt it?

The lines of "unvaccinated, previous COVID -19 Diagnosis" and "vaccinated, previous COVID -19 Diagnosis" are practically one on top of the other. :shrugs:

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

From the study:

4E8ECB8D-1FAA-4D7D-89F1-7A0C41916B3E.jpeg

I am seeing this 9n Dr John Campbell youtube video. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

He's been saying the essence of this study for some weeks now. Especially so in light of the south African omicron data since nearly Thanksgiving, I think. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

And from the interview with professor Clancy, Dr Campbell presents why more booster doses of mrna is not a good idea. 

5 minutes ago, AH173 said:

And from the interview with professor Clancy, Dr Campbell presents why more booster doses of mrna is not a good idea. 

Facinating video also about mucusonal short and long term immunity in nose and in the gut.

https://youtu.be/FPPnyzvO7J4

Muccosal Immunology..Dr. Campbell interview of Dr. Clancy

Edited by SUNRAY

add link

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

6 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Facinating video also about mucusonal short and long term immunity in nose and in the gut.

https://youtu.be/FPPnyzvO7J4

Muccosal Immunology..Dr. Campbell interview of Dr. Clancy

I have always defended the development of intra-nasal vaccines... I could explain here in a long thread the reason why.

But Science so far has only emergency vaccines against corona. Let´s see what the near future brings... 

Interesting to hear that the 3rd worst - world pandemic of 1900 - bubonic plague originated from same region as current Covid-19 pandemic. 

Unbelievable! 

Canadian researchers from Alberta developed a nasal covid 19 spray, however it was tested in other countries. Haven't looked into status for awhile. Makes sense since covid 19 and variants mainly enter through nasal airways, same as the flu.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Well, in all these discussions we’ve all learned a bit more about the wonderful immune system Jehovah’s given us. We are wonderfully made. I love science. It gives us glimpses into just the fringes of his ways. 

Peyer’s Patches. Who even know about them?

And while we need medical intervention, (and that’s obvious with this pandemic), while we are still imperfect, won’t it be so great in the new world!

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Yes the entire intestinal flora is a complex wonder. How these small patches can capture and create then a chain of reactions from mucus membrane receptors to turn the necessary memory cells into creating fighting antibodies from antigens really shows the intricacy of just one small part of our body and how awesome we are made. I didn’t know peyer plaques (as they are called in German) were located specifically in the ileum part of the small intestine (and not in the Jejunum or duodenum part), so that article was helpful. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

56 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

18 year inmunity after natural infection..Dr. Been

https://youtu.be/C3qoR4uFH7g

Yeah!! I saw that too. I ve read some studies about this back in march 2020. 

Some people who had sars 17 years earlier still had antibodies. That disease was much worse than covid and far less contagious so it was easier to contain back in 2004.

:) Nice to see all pieces coming together now after 2 years.

All we have figured out, studied, researched, compared, now is finishing the puzzle.

So exciting!!

Edited by Sofia

8 hours ago, Sofia said:
9 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

From the study: [graph image]

I appreciate the graph, Sofia, but the graph was not taken from the CDC article. I'm just contesting your claim that the CDC article states that previously infected people have no need to get vaccines. This simply isn't true. The CDC article still recommends vaccines. 

"...the early period of this study... found more protection from vaccination than from previous infection during periods before Delta predominance"

"...additional protection with widespread receipt of booster COVID-19 vaccine doses is expected... Thus, vaccination remains the safest and primary strategy to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infections"

The news report video you posted was very interesting. It stated that natural immunity offered more protection than the vaccines during the Delta wave. This also isn't new information. It was during that time when the we were learning that vaccine immunity was waning after several months.  

Overall we are very much in agreement. I have also always been of the opinion that in due time, vaccines for Covid will no longer be necessary.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

51 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

appreciate the graph, Sofia, but the graph was not taken from the CDC article.

This is the study in question. If you scroll down you find the graph. In my post, I took a screen shot from Dr Campbell’s video where he explains it.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e1.htm#contribAff

But the graph shows for California during the delta wave that previous immunity from the first waves gave the same immunity as having the vaccine did. The vaccine did not ADD immunity, which was not exactly known for sure during the wave, but probably suspected. 

The study, from the cdc, completely supports having a vaccine because it gives you protection, similar to protection you had if you already had covid. But notice this graph is about hospitalisation, not cases. No vaccine or previous immunity stops you getting covid. But both the vaccine OR previous covid infection massively protect you from going to hospital (compared to those unvaccinated getting delta without previous infection.

The worst you can do is catch the virus first time around without the protection of the vaccine, and it seems very clear to me why the brothers have given us good advice on how to stay safe during this pandemic.

The graph again, from the study I linked above:

E7C7B639-8965-4044-90BA-BED0FBE27E29.thumb.jpeg.42910030379c1201fcb19e41838669f1.jpeg

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Just to clarify, the cdc study figures and the graph (for California hospitalisation during Delta) shows no difference essentially between:

unvaccinated, but with previous covid and

vaccinated, but with previous covid.

Their figures as plotted on the graph are almost identical, so immunity from having (and surviving) covid is not boosted with vaccine.

It’s early days yet, and this was pre-omicron, but now that a fair whack of us have either survived a covid infection before vaccines were around, and the rest of us have had the vaccine, hopefully it means this will soon be endemic.

We'll see.

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Just to clarify, the cdc study figures and the graph (for California hospitalisation during Delta) shows no difference essentially between:

unvaccinated, but with previous covid and

vaccinated, but with previous covid.

The study

During October 3–16, compared with hospitalization rates among unvaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis, hospitalization rates were 19.8-fold lower (95% CI = 18.2–21.4) among vaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis, 55.3-fold lower (95% CI = 27.3–83.3) among unvaccinated persons with a previous COVID-19 diagnosis, and 57.5-fold lower (95% CI = 29.2–85.8) among vaccinated persons with a previous COVID-19 diagnosis.

So for hospitalization compared to unvac, no infec

Unvax, prev infec :55.3 fold lower

Vax, prev infection 57.5 lower. 

When we're talking about hospitalization I would not count adding an extra 2.2 fold protection as "no difference essentially". You can say "a small difference" if you prefer, but it's still a difference to the people who avoid a costly hospital stay. 

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

But the graph shows for California during the delta wave that previous immunity from the first waves gave the same immunity as having the vaccine did. The vaccine did not ADD immunity, which was not exactly known for sure during the wave, but probably suspected. 

Then the graph is wrong. Simple as. Again from the study

(The study compares both california and New York so I'm editing slightly for legibility, any one who objects is welcome to read the study for themselves) 

during the week of October 3, compared with rates among unvaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis, rates among vaccinated persons without a previous diagnosis were 6.2-fold lower (95% CI = 6.0–6.4) in California... . Further, rates among unvaccinated persons with a previous COVID-19 diagnosis were 29-fold lower (95% CI = 25.0–33.1) than rates among unvaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis... . Rates among vaccinated persons who had had COVID-19 were 32.5-fold lower (95% CI = 27.5–37.6) than rates among unvaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis in California

So, again, compared to unvaxed, no prev infect

Unvac, prev infect: 29 fold lower

Vaxed, prev infect: 32.5 fold lower. 

The Vaccine DID add 3.5 fold lower immunity, which is more than ten per cent extra. BTW, I posted this statistic already. 

Any graph saying the vaccination made no difference to immunity or hospitalization is wrong. And whoever made it should be viewed with deep suspicion.

Everyone makes their own choice on vaccination and I don't really care what other people choose. I am a number nerd and I object to people twisting statistics. 

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

Any graph saying the vaccination made no difference to immunity or hospitalization is wrong. And whoever made it should be viewed with deep suspicion.

I didn’t mean to imply it made “no difference”, as it obviously does. Sorry Hugh, you are right in what you are saying. 

I’m just wanting to clarify again, the graph is from the study (scroll all the way down). There should be no confusion as it is taken from the figures from the study and plotted on a graph. So, yes, vaccination is obviously important, but this study was more about how previous immunity gives similar protection to vaccine. 

BUT, just to be clear, the study shows getting covid naively is the worst way to get your immunity. Risk of hospitalisation and death much much higher. So, no covid parties 😜

8 hours ago, Sofia said:
10 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Peyer’s Patches. Who even know about them?

I can explain all about them if anyone is interested

I'm interested. When I had  Covid at the beginning of January it was my intestines which were affected the most, I was trying to research how to get my intestines back into better shape. I've been drinking Kefir and I got my own yogurt maker so I can make organic Greek yogurt. I feel much better. The nausea has gone away.

I've never heard of Peyer's Patches however.So I was just looking this up and I read the treatment to improve Peyer's Patches is castor oil packs.Do you know anything about that? My mom  regularly used castor oil for us kids when I was growing up.

This is totally new to me.The yogurt cultures seem to have given me so much relief but I want these Peyer's Patches to improve. It seems that would really boost the immune system.