JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I didn’t mean to imply it made “no difference”, as it obviously does. Sorry Hugh, you are right in what you are saying. 

Thank you @hatcheckgirl. If I came across heavy handed I apologise, especially when lives can be involved we need to be very careful what we say.

Did I say "if" 

6 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Then the graph is wrong. Simple as.... 

6 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Any graph saying the vaccination made no difference to immunity or hospitalization is wrong. And whoever made it should be viewed with deep suspicion.

4 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I’m just wanting to clarify again, the graph is from the study (scroll all the way down).

The graph is after References where I generally stop reading. It is innocent of all blame as it does show Vaccinated and Previous infection as a black and dotted line at the very bottom. A problem for graph makers is when one part is huge it can make differentiating other differences more difficult. 

So regarding my words about the graph. 

This is Hugh 🤦‍♂️

These are Hugh's words 📚

This is Hugh eating his words :coffee: (the hair is accurate) 

Eat it all Hugh :sick:

@Hugh O'D no need to apologise. I have not yet experienced what you and your family have been facing for 2 years now. Your comments are heartfelt and sincere and correct as far as I’m concerned. 😊

(Its just that silly graph 😫). All cleared up now. Take care as always my brother. 👍

15 hours ago, Daphne said:

I'm interested. When I had  Covid at the beginning of January it was my intestines which were affected the most, I was trying to research how to get my intestines back into better shape. I've been drinking Kefir and I got my own yogurt maker so I can make organic Greek yogurt. I feel much better. The nausea has gone away.

I've never heard of Peyer's Patches however.So I was just looking this up and I read the treatment to improve Peyer's Patches is castor oil packs.Do you know anything about that? My mom  regularly used castor oil for us kids when I was growing up.

This is totally new to me.The yogurt cultures seem to have given me so much relief but I want these Peyer's Patches to improve. It seems that would really boost the immune system. 

Also I’ve been told by two nutritionists that a drop of nascent iodine on a regular basis is very effective against all sorts of immune and health issues. I haven’t used it much because I am very healthy as i also practice another therapy called biomagnetic pair, but That’s now in my alternative first aid bag, (along with cats claw, grapefruit seed extract, curcumin, and colloidal silver)

*but of course - ensure you research thoroughly and if in doubt check with your GP

Interesting stats out of NSW, Australia:

(Make of it what you will)

In NSW, for example, the most recent COVID-19 weekly surveillance report shows that 267,381 double-dosed people were reported to have contracted COVID-19 in NSW between November 26 and January 8.

Of those cases, 1 per cent required hospitalisation, 0.1 per cent required intensive care and 0.03 per cent of people died (that is, one person in almost 4,000 cases of the virus).

Of the 3,552 unvaccinated people who contracted COVID-19 over the same period, 8.9 per cent were hospitalised, 1.5 per cent landed in ICUs and 0.6 per cent died (or one person for every 169 cases).

As the report notes: "Among cases since 26 November 2021, although the number of hospitalisations, admissions to ICU and deaths is greater among those who had received two effective doses than those with no effective dose, the proportion of cases with these outcomes is still much higher among those with no effective dose."

Read more:

https://mailchi.mp/3f45c6f4607b/fact-checking-covid-19-edition-5102169?e=5123d6998f

CovidPic.jpg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Is the omicron variant Mother Nature’s way

Well, since we know "Mother Nature" doesn't exist - then, No, there is no "deity or other spirit" trying to put an end to this pandemic to achieve "normality"

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Well, since we know "Mother Nature" doesn't exist - then, No, there is no "deity or other spirit" trying to put an end to this pandemic to achieve "normality"

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I didnt say the title was wise... sorry. Just the inside. 

Of course many scientists believe in evolution... others dont.

Sometimes the titles are attributed by the journalists/writers/scientific diggers.

Sorry for that :(:( 

Moderators: you can delete my post please. I didnt payed attention to the title, just the information given.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Please delete this, I cant delete it anymore. I didnt read well the title, just the inside story.

20 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Please delete this, I cant delete it anymore. I didnt read well the title, just the inside story.

I think it’s fine. Although I liked his comment (I found it humorous.) I knew you were not putting forth nonsense ideas on Mother Nature. 😊

Edited by Mykyl

36 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Nothing wrong with the story, I think John was just quoting about the journalist that had the words Mother’s Nature in the title and expressing the wrong words used as a title because Mother’s Nature as we know didn’t cause this virus, the story itself was pretty good and explained about how the Omicron variant could mimic like a vaccine based on the immunology research study.

No need to worry Sophia - the post is fine - I was just addressing that the writer posed "Mother Nature" ... was just having a little fun with it 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I appreciate this article. 

Using a similar map that the USA branch uses for special full time servants guidance that it gives to elders. It may be a key on how USA opens up in the future. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/health/easing-covid-restrictions-pandemic-end-explainer/index.html

Screenshot_20220131-084409_kindlephoto-155156855.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

47 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I appreciate this article. 

Using a similar map that the USA branch uses for special full time servants guidance that it gives to elders. It may be a key on how USA opens up in the future. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/health/easing-covid-restrictions-pandemic-end-explainer/index.html

Screenshot_20220131-084409_kindlephoto-155156855.png

That future will probably be in the Fall or Next year.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:11 AM, Daphne said:

I'm interested. When I had  Covid at the beginning of January it was my intestines which were affected the most, I was trying to research how to get my intestines back into better shape. I've been drinking Kefir and I got my own yogurt maker so I can make organic Greek yogurt. I feel much better. The nausea has gone away.

I've never heard of Peyer's Patches however.So I was just looking this up and I read the treatment to improve Peyer's Patches is castor oil packs.Do you know anything about that? My mom  regularly used castor oil for us kids when I was growing up.

This is totally new to me.The yogurt cultures seem to have given me so much relief but I want these Peyer's Patches to improve. It seems that would really boost the immune system. 

I know for my gut health I have been doing a special cleanse. I have also added bone broth, (beef broth from grass fed/finished & chicken broth from free range chickens). 

Summary

In 2020, a total of 3,383,729 resident deaths were registered in the United States—528,891 more deaths than in 2019. The number of deaths for which COVID-19 was the underlying cause of death was 350,831 (10.4% of the total number of deaths in 2020). From 2019 to 2020, the age-adjusted death rate for the total population increased 16.8%. This single-year increase is the largest since the first year that annual mortality data for the entire United States became available (2). The decrease in life expectancy for the total population of 1.8 years from 2019 to 2020 is the largest single-year decrease in more than 75 years (3). Age-specific death rates from 2019 to 2020 increased for each age group 15 years and over. Age-adjusted death rates increased in 2020 from 2019 for each race and ethnicity group for both males and females.

Of the 10 leading causes of death in 2020, 9 remained the same as in 2019, although 5 causes exchanged ranks. Heart disease was the leading cause followed by cancer. COVID-19, a new cause of death in 2020, was the third leading cause. Age-adjusted death rates increased for 6 leading causes and decreased for 2. Life expectancy at birth decreased 1.8 years from 78.8 years in 2019 to 77.0 in 2020, largely because of increases in mortality due to COVID-19, unintentional injuries, heart disease, homicide, and diabetes.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db427.htm

For those that think no additional deaths happened due to COVID (as it's just the flu), there are the raw numbers now.

528,891 MORE deaths in the US than the previous year and "only" 350,831 were counted as COVID. Also, COVID became the 3rd leading cause of death.

It's real!

Edit: added the latest graph

Screenshot_20220202-074024.thumb.png.1ffa6e2da31e12a56ecac9018e9c48db.png

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

For those that think no additional deaths happened due to COVID (as it's just the flu), there are the raw numbers now.

Likewise, for those who claim thay "all deaths are treated as covid deaths" or that covid death numbers have been inflated, the raw numbers do not support this assertion.  

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Likewise, for those who claim thay "all deaths are treated as covid deaths" or that covid death numbers have been inflated, the raw numbers do not support this assertion.  

If anything, Covid deaths have ALWAYS been UNDER-reported. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This is provided by the government after a freedom of information request in the UK.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfromcovid19withnootherunderlyingcauses?s=08

IN 2020: 9400 (0-64: 1549 / 65 and over: 7851)

so for under 65s there were 1549 deaths. (With no pre existing conditions or comorbidities  known)

so not died WITH covid but it seems OF covid.

*** EDIT ADDED

Full disclosure : I should add that there were 72000 UK deaths where covid was either mentioned on the certificate or they had tested positive within 60 days. 

Edited by Honeybarrel

“528,891 MORE deaths in the US than the previous year and "only" 350,831 were counted as COVID. Also,COVID became the 3rd leading cause of death.”

huh... so actually MORE deaths in the year WITH vaccines, than the previous year WITHOUT vaccines....

You don’t say.

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

“528,891 MORE deaths in the US than the previous year and "only" 350,831 were counted as COVID. Also,COVID became the 3rd leading cause of death.”

huh... so actually MORE deaths in the year WITH vaccines, than the previous year WITHOUT vaccines....

You don’t say.

Your time line is OFF by a year.

When did President Trump shut down the US? March 2020 (https://doggett.house.gov/media-center/blog-posts/timeline-trumps-coronavirus-responses ) NOT March 2019. When did the vaccine come out? Dec 11, 2020. That's an entire YEAR without vaccines.

More died in 2020 as it was the first year that COVID was raging. Also, there were NO recorded deaths for COVID n the US in 2019.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....