JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

27 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Could this really be 'the beginning of the ending'? 🤔

Yes, it can.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, vern said:

like i said....  if its non sars its not covid 19.....

so what is it.. yes another corona virus  but it can't cause covid 19....

hospitalized from what?  exactly....  can't shut gun everything into covid 19...  its inaccurate.

Brother Vern, Its not a SARS anymore, ok, it´s not covid 19 anymore, call it a covid 21.

But it still can cause distress and disease. It can be dangerous among people with co-morbidities (diabetes, heart disease, obesity...) These are still being hospitalized :(  Also Delta isnt totally gone yet. A friend of ours got Delta last week.

A person can have omicron + delta. Also Omicron + flu, which isnt a pic nic either... 

Im not talking about FUSED viruses! Just being sick with both diseases at the same time.

We still dont know if it causes long covid. I had omicron a month ago and I have severe headaches almost every day, sinus affected always and eye issues ever since.

Until this whole coronavirus is controlled we must do what GB says: stay safe please.

USA will have major disruptions due to this omicron the next weeks :( 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Sofia, can you please provide links that suggest omicron isn’t SARS or it can’t cause covid anymore?

Because from the study that I read from researchers, The understanding right now is that Omicron variant is much quicker at getting into the bronchus or tubes that run through the upper airways and lungs but much slower at infiltrating the lung tissue itself. Omicron replicates less efficiently, like 10 times slower once its inside the lung tissue than the original variant which suggests lower severity of disease.

http://www.med.hku.hk/en/news/press/20211215-omicron-sars-cov-2-infection

Also, this other peer review of a team studying this variant in Glasgow found that the reason why this variant is unable to infect the lungs as much as it does the upper airways is due to an essential protein on the lungs called TMPRSS2, which usually helped previous SARS-COV-2 variants to gain entry into the lung cells themselves bound less strongly to Omicron, which made it harder to get inside and infect the lung cells.

https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_829360_smxx.pdf

So it suggests to me that this variant is still infecting but much much less and severity.

As I said before, Omicron is spreading so fast that already has 2 more subvariants (B2 and B3)

Are the new variants as close as B1 the original omicron? Not really,

here´s a video that sumarizes it. So far the Original Omicron is still the most transmissible form of coronavirus.

13 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Because from the study that I read from researchers, The understanding right now is that Omicron variant is much quicker at getting into the bronchus or tubes that run through the upper airways and lungs but much slower at infiltrating the lung tissue itself. Omicron replicates less efficiently, like 10 times slower once its inside the lung tissue than the original variant which suggests lower severity of disease.

http://www.med.hku.hk/en/news/press/20211215-omicron-sars-cov-2-infection

Also, this other peer review of a team studying this variant in Glasgow found that the reason why this variant is unable to infect the lungs as much as it does the upper airways is due to an essential protein on the lungs called TMPRSS2, which usually helped previous SARS-COV-2 variants to gain entry into the lung cells themselves bound less strongly to Omicron, which made it harder to get inside and infect the lung cells.

https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_829360_smxx.pdf

So it suggests to me that this variant is still infecting but much much less and severity.

sure! I will do my best:

Omicron cant reproduce in other than ciliar epithelial cells. They exist from uper airways untill small bronquioli.

So -> bronquili -> alveoli in lungs  omicron cant invade. There are NO cili in those cells.

Omicron cant create cell fusion. It doesnt require the surface cells protein TMPRESS 2 to enter, it enters by endocitosis, which is far faster way to enter than Delta. So Delta stays outside the cell, and the imune system kills it. That´s how Omicron is outcompeting Delta.

Since omicron cant create cell fusion, cant create syncices ( multiple nucleous inside a cell) which were detected by Macrophages and thus creating a big cytokine storm before with previous variants.

Omicron cant activate macrophages so no citokine storm, so no lung disease.

It can create bronchitis! I had my bronchi affected, with cough, for 3 days top. No lung disease. it sorted out fast, no treatment needed in my case.

The viral infection stops before reaching the alveoli. only reaches bronchi, ok.

But dont forget that some people can get bacteria simultaneously and then need antibiotics. The individual can get omicron and other diseases: TB,  BActeria ,   Flu... etc. Co-morbidities lead people to hospitalization. :( 

It´s not acute respiratory viral disease anymore. Omicron cant cause that. So the name SARS seems not appropriated any more.

Since the symptoms are a bit different from covid 19, some scientists say that covid 19 is over with Delta. Omicron causes a different disease, and its true, its a coronavirus but not longer a SARS. its simply a coronavirus. 

30 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Sofia, can you please provide links that suggest omicron isn’t SARS or it can’t cause covid anymore?

32 minutes ago, Lewis said:

video explains it

https://www.idsociety.org/science-speaks-blog/2021/is-omicron-becoming-a-second-sars-cov-2-pandemic/

quoting:

«In my opinion, this concept that the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant of concern is already becoming the second SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, a “COVID-21,” is crucial because it means we will need to reexamine our responses to Omicron.

In addition, Omicron as a “COVID-21” pandemic means we should reconsider the future of SARS-CoV-2 in terms of what to anticipate and how to recognize what actions to take.»

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

https://www.idsociety.org/science-speaks-blog/2021/is-omicron-becoming-a-second-sars-cov-2-pandemic/

quoting:

«In my opinion, this concept that the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant of concern is already becoming the second SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, a “COVID-21,” is crucial because it means we will need to reexamine our responses to Omicron.

In addition, Omicron as a “COVID-21” pandemic means we should reconsider the future of SARS-CoV-2 in terms of what to anticipate and how to recognize what actions to take.»

Thanks for your input Sofia.

But as of right now, nobody is calling omicron Covid 21. It is still being referred to covid 19.

1 hour ago, rocket said:

From what I've seen, the Omicron variant is just a mutation of the original SARS-CoV-2 virus. There now exist a new variant that is a combination of the Delta and Omicron variant that emerged in Cyprus called "deltacron."

Delta cron is a lab error

7 hours ago, vern said:

isn't it strange to get 2 new diseases this way this fast?

Not at all

i got measles and chicken pox at the same time when I was 5

5 hours ago, rocket said:

From what I've seen, the Omicron variant is just a mutation of the original SARS-CoV-2 virus. There now exist a new variant that is a combination of the Delta and Omicron variant that emerged in Cyprus called "deltacron."

No that does not exist

sorry

omicron (B1) has now two sub variants that don’t spread as fast as B1. (B2 and B3)

so as expected by science the omicron is mutating yes but not into a more dangerous variant

Edited by Sofia

I  googled this because I just heard in our tri-state areas on the morning news

how some were going out of their way to catch omicron on purpose, to get it

over with!  sigh! 

https://abc7news.com/getting-covid-on-purpose-intentionally-catching-omicron-variant-over-with/11459958/

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- As more top health officials are trying to prepare the community for a higher-likelihood to contract omicron, some people are thinking about taking matters into their own hands.

You've heard of chicken pox parties, but now people are considering getting COVID on purpose

Iv’e often wondered what would happen if the flu and delta variant combined. The drs on the news keep saying varying viruses can combine, so who knows what 2022 holds. At least us JW’s are prepared to keep on the watch and are already taking precautions.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

2 hours ago, Tia said:

I  googled this because I just heard in our tri-state areas on the morning news

how some were going out of their way to catch omicron on purpose, to get it

over with!  sigh! 

https://abc7news.com/getting-covid-on-purpose-intentionally-catching-omicron-variant-over-with/11459958/

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- As more top health officials are trying to prepare the community for a higher-likelihood to contract omicron, some people are thinking about taking matters into their own hands.

You've heard of chicken pox parties, but now people are considering getting COVID on purpose

The Guardian.com : 

Planning to get Omicron in order to gain some immunity or get it over with is a terrible idea, said Eric Topol, a professor of molecular medicine at Scripps Research. “This is a real-deal virus where there’s unpredictability,” he said. “Some people can get very sick. Some people can get long Covid. Some people unwittingly will then get immunocompromised people sick”, leading to hospitalization and death.

He added: “There’s too many liabilities, too many uncertainties and unpredictabilities when you get a virus with this known profile that can be very severe and lethal still.”

This virus is crazy. We are having 400 new cases reported over the week-end. 
A member of our very small community, in her early 20’s, and not health-compromised died yesterday. 
I wasn’t fussy about the type of mask I still wore. Now, I am. N95, or the NK-95.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

36 minutes ago, Sofia said:

confusing message from BBC.com:

1. The World Health Organization has struck a note of caution following suggestions the government could ease restrictions in England on 26 January
  2. Dr David Nabarro, the WHO's special envoy on Covid-19, says the situation in the UK "gives us grounds for hope" as Covid cases appear to be falling
  3. But he warns against "premature promising that restrictions will end at a particular time"

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

This virus is crazy. We are having 400 new cases reported over the week-end. 
A member of our very small community, in her early 20’s, and not health-compromised died yesterday. 
I wasn’t fussy about the type of mask I still wore. Now, I am. N95, or the NK-95.

So sorry Bea! 💖 I wonder if the young woman had Delta, which affects the lungs..both Delta and Omicron are still in the US in some places! We all have to be very careful..I only go inside the health food store, but like I told a friend, I look like I work in the hospital emergency room! 😷I wear a 4 layer mask, a copper infused snug cloth mask, and a surgical 99% mask on top of those!! I also wear close fitting curved safety glasses from Home Depot, and clear vinyl gloves!! Also, I spray all of the masks with Nano Silver when I get home. I wear the same PPE when I open delivered food and vitamins outside our mobile home door. Some don't realize that if the virus is in the air, it can enter thru the eyes and even ears! Oh yes, I also spray my nose, ears and eyes with nano silver sol before I suit up...and again after I get home! I will pray for you and your husband..:kisscheek:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

6 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Lateral flow tests say your negative but a full pcr test confirms covid. 

Unfortunately you are right 🙈🙈🙈

6 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

wonder if the young woman had Delta, which affects the lungs

You maybe right 👍

On 1/16/2022 at 8:15 PM, Sofia said:

Brother Vern, Its not a SARS anymore, ok, it´s not covid 19 anymore, call it a covid 21.

You should really stop saying that. The virus is called SARS-COV-2. Omicron is still a variant of this same virus. Omicron still infects the respiratory tract. 

Let's leave the diagnosis and naming conventions to the professionals.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!