JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

15 hours ago, Sofia said:

Dont be surprised if soon scientists say:

- COVID-19 is gone. We are having COVID-21

- Omicron is NOT a SARS - reason bellow. Its a coronavirus... but not a SARS anymore.

- Omicron variant didnt evolve from any other "actual" variant. It comes directly from the Whuan strain.

- Omicron has a unique insertion, NOT deletion, an Insertion. So someone has put it in there. That insertion makes this virus to enter the cells by endocytosis instead of using the TMPRESS2 protein to cleave the subunits (like Delta). This is a unique form of entry, which makes omicron more transmissible, with less incubation period and causing less disease. 

- Omicron cant cause citokine storm, it wont cause atypic pneumonia. Therefore cant cause: 

Severe

Acute

Respiratory

Syndrome

- It seems to have been developed in a lab.

This is what we are having right now... :crying:

photo source: wikipedia:

1024px-Omicron_SARS-CoV-2_radial_distance_tree_2021-Dec-01.svg.png

Interesting.  Thank you.

Let's assume Omicron IS man-made.  Is it possible to be out to help get over the pandemic and for it to become endemic.  People will get it and be naturally immune from the other strains. If they catch another strain the body will know how to counter and time won't be lost as the virus multiplies. This would get the world to herd immunity faster than 2 vaccinations and bossters.

Just a random thought here

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Just got a call from my mom.  She's in the hospital for her blood pressure.  She's 78.  She's okay now.  But, because of omicron overloading the hospitals in California, she had to stay in a tent outside for 12 hours before she could be seen.  Right now, California is getting a monster surge in cases

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/california-covid-cases.html

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

it possible to be out to help get over the pandemic and for it to become endemic

Exactly 🤗

3 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Just got a call from my mom.  She's in the hospital for her blood pressure.  She's 78.  She's okay now.  But, because of omicron overloading the hospitals in California, she had to stay in a tent outside for 12 hours before she could be seen.  Right now, California is getting a monster surge in cases

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/california-covid-cases.html

Not fair … 

may she get well asap

😘

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Right. But they were rising WITH the mandates.

.... because they weren't being followed/obeyed.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

14 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Exactly 🤗

Not fair … 

may she get well asap

😘

She's more than okay.  She told me her blood pressure now, I'm jealous.  She was in the 120's while stressed out over how she's going to get home.  She had her choice of volunteers to come and get her.  One of the benefits of having good associates in the truth.

5 minutes ago, vern said:

I.m so over this already.

My company now wants me to wear a mask all day.... All environments inside and out... Whether alone or not...

For realz....  Sheesh.

We all have our own offices, since we're a small company.  You keep your office door closed.  If you set foot outside, you put on a mask.  One benefit...if you go to the bathroom after someone that ate a lot of spicy food....the mask really helps with the smell... 😂

9 hours ago, AH173 said:

I think you misunderstood me, or we aren't talking about the same thing. 

I was referring to daily new cases.  For example, there were over 19,000 new cases today, Thursday, January 6, 2022

https://www.nbc4i.com/community/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-in-ohio-thursday-update-latest-number-of-cases-to-be-released-at-2pm-30/

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — The Ohio Department of Health has released the latest number of COVID-19 cases in the state. 

Numbers as of Thursday, Jan. 6 follow:

Total            Change

New cases 2,132,266       +19,442

Hospitalizations 98,730   +453

ICU admissions 11,956     +43

Deaths* 29,674 n/a

*–Deaths are updated twice a week, usually on Tuesdays and Fridays

19,442 new cases in all of Ohio today. 

Sorry, I misunderstood the data is for the state and not my county. 

Call it covid brain data fog. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

21 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

One benefit...if you go to the bathroom after someone that ate a lot of spicy food....the mask really helps with the smell... 

I like hot spicy food, but it is beans, especially kidney beans ( {half} baked beans ) & chick peas ( gar bange zo ) dishes that are really odorous

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The very latest video report from Dr. John Campbell:   "There's no stopping Omicron"

Só true

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

What about the omicron coming from mice theory? 

I watched it earlier and still a little stunned. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 1/6/2022 at 1:09 PM, Sofia said:

Omicron variant didnt evolve from any other "actual" variant. It comes directly from the Whuan strain.

- Omicron has a unique insertion, NOT deletion, an Insertion. So someone has put it in there.

What do you think about this? 

Omicron clearly did not develop out of one of the earlier variants of concern, such as Alpha or Delta. Instead, it appears to have evolved in parallel—and in the dark. Omicron is so different from the millions of SARS-CoV-2 genomes that have been shared publicly that pinpointing its closest relative is difficult, says Emma Hodcroft, a virologist at the University of Bern. It likely diverged early from other strains, she says. “I would say it goes back to mid-2020.”

That raises the question of where Omicron’s predecessors lurked for more than a year. Scientists see essentially three possible explanations: The virus could have circulated and evolved in a population with little surveillance and sequencing. It could have gestated in a chronically infected COVID-19 patient. Or it might have evolved in a nonhuman species, from which it recently spilled back into people.https://www.science.org/content/article/where-did-weird-omicron-come

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, AH173 said:

Yes it’s possible 

but the whuan virus can’t infect wild rats. 
that was large studied back in 2020

but humanized lab quimera rats can.

I had come to the conclusion this was not a natural variant like delta is in early December because of the nature of the mutations.

yes

first corona came from wild bats

this comes from rats.

i believe it’s plausible 

Edited by Sofia

4 hours ago, vern said:

if omicron is not a SARS....  then why are people in the hospital?

People are not with

Severe

Acute

Respiratory

Syndrome

with Omicron 

it can’t cause that

dont forget Delta variant is still out there creating havoc

Delta is a SARS 

10 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Omicron clearly did not develop out of one of the earlier variants of concern, such as Alpha or Delta

As you know I study coronavirus for years

this is true.

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Instead, it appears to have evolved in parallel—and in the dark.

For people who believe in evolution yes but we believe things just don’t come up

accidentally. Someone had the strain from mid 2020 in a lab and started to do experiences… making it less severe and inserting a special gene in the spike. It’s in there… in no other variant. Who has put it in there?? Evolution??

14 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

That raises the question of where Omicron’s predecessors lurked for more than a year

Yep. Get an evolutionary explanation for that 😂😂😂😂

omicron is man made.

15 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

It could have gestated in a chronically infected COVID-19 patient

Yeah right. That s why they have made it and released it in South Africa a country full of HIV so as this fake theory could stick

also before COP26 summit in glasgow to spread it around the world 

the time of surge is similar to the SARS cov 2 back in 2019

strange coincidence and? Just before winter time in Northern hemisphere 

8 hours ago, AH173 said:

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Someone had the strain from mid 2020 in a lab and started to do experiences… making it less severe and inserting a special gene in the spike. It’s in there… in no other variant. Who has put it in there?? Evolution??

I had read one theory that a person may have been infected with the coronavirus that causes covid-19 and one of the regular coronaviruses that simply cause a common cold at the same time. They may have merged in the same individual, forming Omicron, which would explain why Omicron is a milder virus that causes more cold-like symptoms than SARS-like symptoms.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

5 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I had read one theory that a person may have been infected with the coronavirus that causes covid-19 and one of the regular coronaviruses that simply cause a common cold at the same time. They may have merged in the same individual, forming Omicron, which would explain why Omicron is a milder virus that causes more cold-like symptoms than SARS-like symptoms.

Yes

i have read that theory too.

it’s like evolution 

a theory

the probability of that happening at that exact place at protein spike…. To change radically the way the coronavirus enters the cells

its not plausible to believe it has happened by chance

also omicron didn’t come from delta or beta or alpha

or any other

it comes from the first strain 

whuan strain

🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

9 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

How can I explain…

this theory is supported by evolution

Delta came from Beta ok

beta came from alpha ok

alpha came from whuan ok

but omicron doesn’t come from delta

viruses don’t survive outside the hosts

they keep spreading to live

whuan strain does not exist anymore outside security level 4 labs ( that kept specimens from it)

how Can omicron come from whuan!?

did a human had covid ever since April 2020 and meanwhile it released a mutated version after 18 months ??

ah! And a mutated version with a specific insertion in that spot?

an insertion?!