JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

3 hours ago, Hope said:

three hours ago. Feeling fine - getting my hair done

Is there a correlation between the jab and getting your hair done? 😁 Got my 3rd last Saturday mid afternoon--have meeting in morning.

Speaking of which tomorrow is our last 10:30 am meeting. Switching to 10 am Jan 1/22

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59788231

Travellers wait for their delayed Delta Airlines flight at Los Angeles International Airport, California

Holiday travel plans around the world continue to be disrupted with thousands of flights cancelled for the Christmas weekend as Covid infections surge.

Airlines have blamed shortages of healthy staff for the cancellations of nearly 2,400 flights on Friday and more than 2,300 on Saturday.

More than 800 of those cancelled on Saturday were to or from US airports.

In Europe, travel restrictions are among measures aimed at reducing cases, largely driven by the Omicron variant.

Edited by Tia

error

On 12/24/2021 at 4:49 AM, halfspanishlee said:

It's now reported in the uk that millions will be given a fourth vaccine jab am sorry having 3 jabs in my body is where I draw the line

The vaccines are safe and effective. Pump me up! I don't care if there is a 4th booster or if it becomes an annual thing. 

I personally believe that eventually the time will come when there is no need for these vaccines. People will either have been vaccinated or infected multiple times, and their bodies will be equipped to fight further infection. Children will be exposed when their immune systems are robust (just like they are with every other common virus, including the other 4 coronaviruses that effect humans) and develop "immunity" from a young age. And then the virus itself will mutate into a weaker form.

For now, vaccines are the way, walk in it :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 12/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, Jonadab said:

I hope you don't misinterpret me or change the context of what I mean! if the slave does not violate Jehovah's laws, he is concerned with cooperating with the local laws.

Sorry, I don't mean to misinterpret you. Maybe I am failing to see your point. :)

Of course the Governing Body will cooperate with the authorities whenever possible. But they wouldn't tell us this vaccine is effective and safe if it weren't true. When they are encouraging us to get vaccinated that because they have found y their own experience that that's the best advice.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, Sofia said:

May Jehovah protects His people. Because it´s not good for your body.

2 jabs ok, but after that it´s not wise at all. May we expect Jehovah to protect us from evil side effects from overvaccination due to government laws/recommendations?

Don't be too concerned, Sofia. That fourth shot is just a rumor by now. They are recommending the booster shot six to nine months after the previous one. They will do something similar with additional booster jabs, if they are ever approved.

5 minutes ago, carlos said:

That fourth shot is just a rumor by now

Sure hope so 🙄

there should be appropriate time between boosts. This is serious.

——————-

I think boosts are on the table first because labs insist on their studies (biased?) and second because governments have no option to give people some hope and alternatives to lockdowns 

but please it’s just my opinion 

I may be wrong

I wish so much the end of this pandemic. So far the only thing positive I see is omicron seems less severe and spreads like fire

soon all humans will have it… 🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 minutes ago, Sofia said:

So far the only thing positive I see is omicron seems less severe and spreads like fire

soon all humans will have it…

Would that be like it being a positive thing for all humans to get chicken pox so they can all be subject to shingles later in life ... think I would rather skip both chicken pox and COVID - don't really want shingles and/or long covid

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, halfspanishlee said:

It's now reported in the uk that millions will be given a fourth vaccine jab am sorry having 3 jabs in my body is where I draw the line

On 12/24/2021 at 5:42 PM, Sofia said:

It´s not wrong the vaccines... its to take a lot of them in a short period of time!

Before starting I'd like to clarify that when I say anti-vac or pro-vac I can be referring to the militants on both sides who Satan is using to stir up trouble and even cause division in the congregation. So anyone reading a reference and thinking "that's not me" you're right, it's not you. But there are many deceivers out there and all immunity is limited (except for on "Survivor" , "Survivor immunity" is absolute). Now to get started. 

Not really. This is tied in with the anti-vaxers going "You had your shot? Ha! See how you are in 5 years time." Facts, that can be found in multiple peer reviewed articles as distinct from SocMed personalities include

https://www.idsociety.org/covid-19-real-time-learning-network/vaccines/vaccines-information--faq/

Selected Quotes

The vaccine does not contain any splicing enzymes and the mRNA does not encode any proteins that would allow for RNA modification. Furthermore, the vaccine mRNA is not self-amplifying and cannot be transferred from cell to cell. Following translation, it is rapidly degraded. The vaccine mRNA remains in the cell cytoplasm for just a few days before it is destroyed (Pardi, November 2015).

So the mRNA breaks down in a few days, thats why it has to be kept in cold storage. 

Another quote

The (spike) protein may be found on the surface of the cell in either its peptide form or its native form, likely until the cell dies or interacts with other immune cells. The protein lasts the same amount of time as other proteins made by the body. The exact time is not known, but it is estimated to be a few weeks. 

That's why they check for vaccine side effects (all vaccines) for two months because the side effects are generally within two months as the vaccine is usually gone in a few weeks with the only long term effects beyond this being our antibodies and increased immunity (which is the whole point). 

So if/when the forth booster shot comes out we'll know its safe because

1) The previous vaccine is long gone from our system

2) The vast amount of analysis that's taking place on the effects of the Vaccine by multiple groups whe frequently don't trust each other (eg, the EU was slow to start the vaccines because they didn't trust other countries conclusions, they had a multi-national independent body slowly examine the data first, then while its been rolling out national bodies have been comparing their own results with other countries and making their own recommendations)

For full disclosure I was pointed in this direction by a dancing doctor on TikTok 🤦‍♂️, but as she was pro-vac I had to confirm it by authorative sources first.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Would that be like it being a positive thing for all humans to get chicken pox so they can all be subject to shingles later in life ... think I would rather skip both chicken pox and COVID - don't really want shingles and/or long covid

I understand you so well... :(

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

18 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

So if/when the forth booster shot comes out we'll know its safe because

1) The previous vaccine is long gone from our system

What you mean by this declaration please?

On 12/24/2021 at 3:37 AM, Jonadab said:

The media is looking at the organization, looking for defects, failures, the brothers of the governing body are attacked daily, so it is necessary for the brothers to warn about the vaccine as a matter of law,this is not to interfere and to change the personal decision of each one, it is a response to the authorities and the media that the organization is collaborating and doing its part. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, Jonadab said:

I hope you don't misinterpret me or change the context of what I mean! if the slave does not violate Jehovah's laws, he is concerned with cooperating with the local laws.

Caesars law only applies to the meetings, and even there the Slave has made it clear they intend to be more cautious than Caesar. 

Regarding media attacks, anything they say will have them attacked by the Media, as part of Satan's world the media is hopelessly divided between pro and anti (it varies from country to country, Ireland is more pro vac, USA has Tucker Carlson).

The Slave has been very clear:

1) Pro-vacs can rant because we follow "Each one will carry their own load" 

2) Anyi-vacs can rant because Governing Body Update 8 gave statistics on the value of vaccines because "the statistics are sobering... so you can carefully consider it when making your personal decision regarding vaccination. We feel it would not be loving to withhold these facts from you" 

Dear Brother, getting tone across on text can be difficult, I've messed up on both sides of that before (many times). I hope I have not caused offence, but the Slave has not being saying things to placate "the authorities and the media". 

4 minutes ago, Sofia said:

What you mean by this declaration please?

My apologies Sister but which bit did you mean? 

23 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

if/when the forth booster shot comes out

I don't know but I am not optimistic of a quick end to the pandemic. I am happy to be wrong on this but... We're in Satan's world and we will not enjoy the next global crisis that comes. 

25 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

The previous vaccine is long gone from our system

That was the bulk of my post. The mRNA breaks down in days, the spike protein is washed out in a matter of weeks. Our bodies are designed to repair and clean themselves of both foreign and internal waste.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:53 PM, Hope said:

I got my booster (3rd jab) three hours ago. Feeling fine - getting my hair done. 🤩👄😉  Hoping I don't have any issues this weekend 🙏🏽 

How are you doing today Sister. My wife was OK the day of the boost but wrecked (very tired) the next day. The next day she had her flu shot which was fine until bed time, she got each shot in a different arm and now couldn't lie on either side. She was OK after that. 

8 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

personally believe that eventually the time will come when there is no need for these vaccines. People will either have been vaccinated or infected multiple times, and their bodies will be equipped to fight further infection. Children will be exposed when their immune systems are robust (just like they are with every other common virus, including the other 4 coronaviruses that effect humans) and develop "immunity" from a young age. And then the virus itself will mutate into a weaker form.

Sorry to be that guy but it appears that the Spanish Flu is still with us as seasonal flu which kills tens of thousands each year even with vaccinations (I'm one who takes it every year, still get sick so no super immunity but symptoms are reduced). So while I hope Covid will wither away that hasn't happened yet with Spanish Flu, AIDs, Ebola, Hepatitis etc etc. 

25 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

The mRNA breaks down in days, the spike protein is washed out in a matter of weeks. Our bodies are designed to repair and clean themselves of both foreign and internal waste.

True, but the main goal of a vaccine is not to remain in the body but to stimulate the imune system.

So, unless you are immunocompromised, the immune system gets a memory out of it even if it´s disposed of.

Next time body is in contact of same antigen, the imune system is triggered. Memory is awaken.

If instead it´s another vaccine, so it´s triggered to ... nothing. No virus, more stimuli.

If again in a short period it´s triggered again.. by another vaccine, more immune response is triggered to ... nothing. More and more stimuli.

In a short period of time that strong imune response can start targeting parts of the body. That´s what´s called auto imune disease. 

This is what I was talking about. Vaccines are good, yes, like wine is ok. But in excess is not good.

I d like to exemplify this to all of you like this:

Imagine a brick wall. You wish to paint it in white.

You apply one coat. ... not so good

Then you apply second coat: there you go! Bright white wall

If you apply a third coat, will it make it more white?

What about a 4th? and a 5th?

two jabs seem to do well protecting. 3 doses in short periods wont do much more protection and so as 4 jabs within few months period.

This is what Im trying to explain.

Boosters may be required by governments to make people not loose their civil rights (jobs, access to places, travel etc) but Im SURE they are not necessary in short periods of time.

You paint a wall again after months or years... not in the same year, almost for sure, unless the wall gets cracked, or moldy, or suffers damage by accident. Boosters make sense in immunocompromised people only.

Edited by Sofia

Sorry for so many posts. I have time to write today.

Never forget this is a coronavirus.

The disease it causes is not directly due to the action of the virus in the cells.

COVID is not caused by the coronavirus.

People keep forgetting this.

COVID is the reaction of the individual imune system to the virus.

If the reaction is mild, you get mild disease. If your macrophages are activated you end up with cytokine storm inside your body that can kill you.

In the end is the person´s own imune response that causes the symptoms.

This explains the reason for worry about vaccines. Thus the vaccine reaction is proportional to the reaction to the virus itself. Of course: Better react to a vaccine than to the coronavirus! But we can expect reactions.

Why? Because it´s not HIV, malaria, chickenpox, measles, flu... its a coronavirus. 

SARS can cause cytokine storm.

Strangely... omicron variant seems not to be able to cause it, that´s why its behaving differently, like a totally new virus.

Is not behaving like a SARS... Omicron is a quimera between a sars and a Human coronavirus.

So what is it? Its a different virus that everyone is studying and trying not to panic as millions per day get it.

It may overcome Delta variant. I can easily explain why.

If it does, it´s possible that covid becomes milder. If it doesn't then we will have to deal with two variants at the same time.

if almost all humans catch this at short period of time is it possible to end this pandemic? I say YES. it´s possible.

Only time will tell...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/booster-shots-protect-against-symptomatic-omicron-infection-for-about-10-weeks-study-finds-—-which-could-mean-more-doses-for-some-in-2022/ar-AAS7m2P?li=BBnb7Kz

•  

• Booster protection against symptomatic COVID-19 caused by Omicron lasts about 10 weeks, data shows.
  • It may mean fourth doses in 2022 — depending on whether protection holds against severe COVID-19.
  • Immunocompromised Americans can already get an extra shot.

Booster protection against symptomatic illness caused by the Omicron variant dropped by up to 25% within 10 weeks, new real-world data found — though it's not yet clear whether everyone may need further doses in 2022.

The UK Health Security Agency said protection against symptomatic COVID-19 caused by the variant dropped from 70% to 45% after a Pfizer booster for those initially vaccinated with the shot developed by Pfizer with BioNTech.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

47 minutes ago, Sofia said:

True, but the main goal of a vaccine is not to remain in the body but to stimulate the imune system.

So, unless you are immunocompromised, the immune system gets a memory out of it even if it´s disposed of.

Next time body is in contact of same antigen, the imune system is triggered. Memory is awaken.

If instead it´s another vaccine, so it´s triggered to ... nothing. No virus, more stimuli.

If again in a short period it´s triggered again.. by another vaccine, more immune response is triggered to ... nothing. More and more stimuli.

In a short period of time that strong imune response can start targeting parts of the body. That´s what´s called auto imune disease. 

This is what I was talking about. Vaccines are good, yes, like wine is ok. But in excess is not good.

I d like to exemplify this to all of you like this:

Imagine a brick wall. You wish to paint it in white.

You apply one coat. ... not so good

Then you apply second coat: there you go! Bright white wall

If you apply a third coat, will it make it more white?

What about a 4th? and a 5th?

two jabs seem to do well protecting. 3 doses in short periods wont do much more protection and so as 4 jabs within few months period.

This is what Im trying to explain.

Boosters may be required by governments to make people not loose their civil rights (jobs, access to places, travel etc) but Im SURE they are not necessary in short periods of time.

You paint a wall again after months or years... not in the same year, almost for sure, unless the wall gets cracked, or moldy, or suffers damage by accident. Boosters make sense in immunocompromised people only.

Think of our situation with the coronavirus like you painted that white wall in the Great Lakes area, where snowstorms, rainstorms, and even blazing sun can wreak havoc on that wall.  The paint keeps getting chipped/faded over time.  Now adding that 3rd or even 4th coat makes sense.  It's scientifically proven that our antibodies "forget" how to defend itself against the coronavirus over time.  Think of the boosters as reminders, or even additional training for your immune system.

Edited by coolbrz731

Spelling

6 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I wonder if Jehovah will allow us to create 'good and healthy' viruses in the NW so that we can do stuff with them, like cure. 

I'm very much hoping we don't " do stuff" with viruses in the new world 😅 I'd like to think my perfect, healthy immune system will deal with potential diseases so effortlessly that I won't even notice that process. 

2 minutes ago, Ludwika said:

I'm very much hoping we don't " do stuff" with viruses in the new world 😅 I'd like to think my perfect, healthy immune system will deal with potential diseases so effortlessly that I won't even notice that process. 

Yeah I think that's more likely haha but I heard that there are already good viruses in the world that help us.. so I guess if we are healthy in the NW it'd mean we'd already be filled with good viruses and microbes in our bodies.

Thanks for your explanation Sofia. 

46 minutes ago, Sofia said:

short period of time that strong imune response can start targeting parts of the body. That´s what´s called auto imune disease.

But this is something that is being taken into account. Since you posted I've read several articles (I'm posting these, not expecting anyone to read them) including 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0896841121001530

It goes on and details Autoimmune Flares in one's who've had a Covid19 vaccine, generally they already had the problem anyway but for one who didn't :

"the patient's past records from the national registry system showed no pathological findings. In the literature, 25–34% of autoimmune hepatitis patients are asymptomatic, with spontaneous laboratory improvement in approximately 12% of symptomatic patients [22,23]. Therefore, we could not rule out the presence of an underlying silent autoimmune hepatitis in our case"

Again

https://ard.bmj.com/content/80/10/1352

Most SRD flares were characterised as moderate to severe (57.3% after first vs 62.4% after second dose), and as qualitatively ‘typical’ SRD flares (70.9% after first dose vs 68.2% after second dose). Flares were predominantly reported as joint pain, joint swelling, muscle aches and fatigue (table 1). While 27.7% of flares started 1 day after vaccination, 61.4% began after 2–7 days and 10.9% occurred more than 7 days later (table 1). Most SRD flares resolved within 7 days of onset, but 26.2% lasted for 8–21 days and 8.9% for >21 days.

So while the Flares came after receiving vaccines and were probably set off by them they were fully treated usually within a week, extreme cases less than three weeks.

Again 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8146571/

That one was 72 pages. But from 5 vaccination centres they only got 27 cases all of which

the 27 cases, 21 (78%) had at least one underlying autoimmune/rheumatic disease prior the vaccination.... 

Overall, these findings of new-onset disease appear rare considering the level of population exposure in the regions covered and are likely to be close to the background incidence of these conditions in such a large population. 

The outcomes provide assurance to the public that such events are rare and manageable,

So, on the one hand we're all sick of ant-vaxxers yelling we'll destroy our immune systems while pro-vaxxers are yelling the risks are fine so stop being selfish and scared. On the other hand we can see that many studies are being made on auto immune reactions. They're being complicated because generally it's unknown were the subjects recently infected with Covid but asymptomatic. But

1) The Flares are generally where people already had the problem. 

2) It's currently difficult to prove either way were the others simply asymptomatic prior to this. 

3) Cases appear to be well treatable. 

By contrast

1) My mum got ME/CFS from a virus in the mid 80's and never really recovered (late 80's to mid 90's were very difficult for her and the rest of the family). But she was fine on the vaccine. 

2) My arthritis started about '97 when I was 27 (controlled for now) and while sick as a dog on the vaccines I'd no flare up.

Tl/dr

A forth booster won't be given unless the science backs it up. 

Or as @coolbrz731 pointed out

43 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Think of our situation with the coronavirus like you painted that white wall in the Great Lakes area, where snowstorms, rainstorms, and even blazing sun can wreak havoc on that wall.  The paint keeps getting chipped/faded over time.  Now adding that 3rd or even 4th coat makes sense.  It's scientifically proven that our bodies "forget" how to defend itself against the coronavirus over time.  Think of the boosters as reminders, or even additional training for your immune system.

Honestly I prefer this answer to mine. 

57 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I wonder if Jehovah will allow us to create 'good and healthy' viruses in the NW so that we can do stuff with them, like cure. 

Well we presumably won't have anything to cure, but that doesn't mean that we won't be able to modify them to do new things. After all, the research is already being done that way. I'd find it fascinating if that does happen, cool idea. 

3- Role of viruses in the environment

• Various genetically modified bacterias are prepared with the help of virus vectors to control air pollution, oil spills in water bodies, clean up mercury pollution and detect arsenic in drinking water.
  • Transgenic crops produced by virus carriers have remarkably reduced the use of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers thus reducing soil and water pollution.

https://readbiology.com/benefits-of-virus/

Not sure that the situation in the N.S. would warrant the use of these kind of viruses.