JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I can see that my post confused you, or offended you, sister Josephine.  My apologies if I have hurt you, I didn’t mean to come off as brusque or insensitive to yours or anyone else’s choices. That is none of my business.

What my point is, and bring in the GB update, is that they have clearly asked us to look at their example. If you feel confused by all the books on omicron, just look at the ones who are leading us with confidence that they have Jehovah’s backing. Whatever your choice, it doesn’t mean you are unfaithful to Jehovah.

But it is interesting, and makes me wonder why there is a need to defend your personal choice like this? Why bring up “they” (scientists, politicians etc) and their books or articles, like you did above? Your opinion? Yes, but are you also trying to justify your stance to us? I don’t know, but that’s what it looks like.

I hope you can believe that we really don’t have to worry here. We don’t have to take sides. We are all on the same page, and we truly do love each other, so please don’t doubt that. All any of us want is to beware of the voice of strangers and listen to what will help us get through this. Currently, it looks like vaccines are part of the immediate solution. What else can help? Can you offer some helpful insight on maybe how our immunity can be strengthened? I think that in your field you would have much to share, and I know I would benefit personally.

Sharing this comment with prayers for courage, hoping this isn’t going to upset you and others further. Sometimes I just want to leave jwtalk because of how this site has devolved. I’ve been here a long time, but it’s getting scary to comment without some offence being taken. Yes, opinions are important to voice, and valid and to be respected. But, what else can I say? It’s exasperating being here. 🥺

20 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I can see that my post confused you, or offended you, sister Josephine.  My apologies if I have hurt you, I didn’t mean to come off as brusque or insensitive to yours or anyone else’s choices. That is none of my business.

What my point is, and bring in the GB update, is that they have clearly asked us to look at their example. If you feel confused by all the books on omicron, just look at the ones who are leading us with confidence that they have Jehovah’s backing. Whatever your choice, it doesn’t mean you are unfaithful to Jehovah.

But it is interesting, and makes me wonder why there is a need to defend your personal choice like this? Why bring up “they” (scientists, politicians etc) and their books or articles, like you did above? Your opinion? Yes, but are you also trying to justify your stance to us? I don’t know, but that’s what it looks like.

I hope you can believe that we really don’t have to worry here. We don’t have to take sides. We are all on the same page, and we truly do love each other, so please don’t doubt that. All any of us want is to beware of the voice of strangers and listen to what will help us get through this. Currently, it looks like vaccines are part of the immediate solution. What else can help? Can you offer some helpful insight on maybe how our immunity can be strengthened? I think that in your field you would have much to share, and I know I would benefit personally.

Sharing this comment with prayers for courage, hoping this isn’t going to upset you and others further. Sometimes I just want to leave jwtalk because of how this site has devolved. I’ve been here a long time, but it’s getting scary to comment without some offence being taken. Yes, opinions are important to voice, and valid and to be respected. But, what else can I say? It’s exasperating being here. 🥺

I’m not truly offended dear sister. Only getting more concerned and upset by the day over the lack of truth and clarity everywhere. Not trying to justify anything, just reporting ‘news’ or info I suppose?
I trust the GB.

I agree about comments, I can feel a little jumped on quite regularly if I’m honest, most of the time I shrug it off. I’d rather be different and truthful , than pretend something I’m not. This only came to me over the last couple of years -before I was a people pleaser! It just seems so important that we all speak truth. We are in the last of the last days. Nothing is what is seems. Satan is walking about like a roaring lion seeking to devour us. 
Your kindness is appreciated. 
Jo

3 hours ago, molnarj said:

I wish Dr Campbell would factor this point about the African continent Covid-19 infection rate for those who had previously been infected with Ebola and malaria and the other climates that will potentially get the omicron variant. 

I posted an article in another topic that brings up the point that being previously infected with malaria may help one resist covid-19.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-pandemics-united-nations-fcf28a83c9352a67e50aa2172eb01a2f

An excerpt from the article:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Very sobering article in local news about Cleveland Brown's qb visits a bunch of children on Monday. Tests negative for Covid-19 on that day and next day on Tuesday. But on Wednesday tests positive. 

Makes me wonder was he really negative the past 2 days before Wednesday? Regardless, he and bunch of other players test positive now. 

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/12/15/baker-mayfield-tested-negative-covid-19-day-after-visit-with-around-75-children-boys-girls-clubs-say/

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

I wish Dr Campbell would factor this point about the African continent Covid-19 infection rate for those who had previously been infected with Ebola and malaria and the other climates that will potentially get the omicron variant. 

I posted an article in another topic that brings up the point that being previously infected with malaria may help one resist covid-19.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-pandemics-united-nations-fcf28a83c9352a67e50aa2172eb01a2f

That is interesting, Brother Ashley.  You should email him your suggestion.  His YouTube channel ABOUT section may contain some contact info.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That is interesting, Brother Ashley.  You should email him your suggestion.  His YouTube channel ABOUT section may contain some contact info.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that. I sent the message. 

27 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that. I sent the message. 

Now we wait to see if he finds your suggestion as interesting as we do.  :D

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 hours ago, AH173 said:

Easy to understand why… part of sars cov 2 has a portion of plasmodium genes 🙄 

some way sars cov 2 may have served as a vaccine to malaria and vice versa

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Oh my, things are getting wicked here. Two days ago I posted this about my province, where the authorities announced 2,300 new infections in the previous 24 hours. The next day (Thursday) it was suddenly more than 2,700. Now, today, the number has skyrocketed to 3,768 new infections, more than ever before during this pandemic! By the end of the year, they're telling us the number could be over 10 thousand!

Also during the last 24 hours, Quebec lost 7 people to COVID, and one of them was a two-month-old baby!

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/two-month-old-baby-dies-from-covid-19-at-ste-justine-hospital

Of course, the government has responded quickly to the case increase. Instead of having to wait until January 4 to book a booster shot, I will now be able to do that December 20.

Signs and symptoms of the Omicron variant are very similar to a common cold,

and will require testing to determine what, exactly, is making you ill:

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Signs and symptoms of the Omicron variant are very similar to a common cold,

and will require testing to determine what, exactly, is making you ill:

Download video

:omg: I'm suffering from cold symptoms since yesterday morning, exactly the ones he mentioned! My pharmacist told me it was not COVID.

I've got to get tested!

A sister here has been sick for a week(?) and has been tested 4 times but not covid related…bronchitis actually.

She works with the elderly during the week. So she definitely has to be careful. 

Having practically lived with bronchitis as a kid, I feel so sorry for her.

i texted her this morning to see if she needed addresses and she said she’s still not 100%. But at least not covid. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

:omg: I'm suffering from cold symptoms since yesterday morning, exactly the ones he mentioned! My pharmacist told me it was not COVID.

I've got to get tested!

You may have omicron and test negative ...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

You may have omicron and test negative ...

That's what I'm wondering.

I went to the COVID testing walk-in clinic, and the lineup must have been 3 hours long!!! Well, I started counting the hours and I was waiting for about 10 or 15 minutes, then an official-looking guy came along and asked if I had symptoms. I told him the story about the Omicron/Common Cold symptoms, and he acknowledged the possibility. But he gave me a Rapid Test package so I could just go home and avoid the lineup. I gave myself one test and it came up negative. But I have to take another one after 24 hours and see. If that one is negative, it says I can stop worrying, but I'm wondering about what you said above. I think next time I'll make an appointment anyway at a different test clinic to try to avoid waiting three hours.

While I was waiting, a news story was published. The mayor of Montreal tested positive.

20 minutes ago, Sheep said:

That's what I'm wondering.

I went to the COVID testing walk-in clinic, and the lineup must have been 3 hours long!!! Well, I started counting the hours and I was waiting for about 10 or 15 minutes, then an official-looking guy came along and asked if I had symptoms. I told him the story about the Omicron/Common Cold symptoms, and he acknowledged the possibility. But he gave me a Rapid Test package so I could just go home and avoid the lineup. I gave myself one test and it came up negative. But I have to take another one after 24 hours and see. If that one is negative, it says I can stop worrying, but I'm wondering about what you said above. I think next time I'll make an appointment anyway at a different test clinic to try to avoid waiting three hours.

While I was waiting, a news story was published. The mayor of Montreal tested positive.

I m sure I had omicron

i tested negative 3 times

now I’m waiting for my IgM test result

i Don’t think these fast tests detect omicron…. Perhaps during a short period of time

not afterwards 

im studying it so I ll be back with true information regarding this

i ser a lot of lies and misinformation circulating

please trust GB

DONT panic about omicron 

it’s really milder

but don’t disregard all measures

masks distance washing hands and perhaps surfaces ( i Strong think this omicron looks more resistant outside the host due to the new mutations on the membrane) and vaccines if you can.

bro Morris said all we need so far to be protected

My sister, who is vaccinated, very careful - but still is out and about all over town in Chicago - has just tested positive today (after two false negatives) . She sees my elderly parents quite often, too. She was just at my father's show last night (where there were loads of people not wearing masks).. She's told everyone and is quarantining herself but she was at my mom's house on Tuesday when she started coughing.

I've also just learned that my brother, who hangs out with my elderly parents constantly and even lives with my dad, is not vaccinated. He is also a gigging musician, all over town- not as safety conscious as my sister.  My brother "trusts his immune system"... that's some ridiculous nonsense. My parents are 81 and 85 - if they get sick with *anything* it could be so dangerous.  My mother has a chronic respiratory condition..😡😭

I pray everyone stays healthy. Both my parents are vaccinated and boosted But I'm sorta beside myself furious right now... 😠😤😡

3 hours ago, Hope said:

My sister, who is vaccinated, very careful - but still is out and about all over town in Chicago - has just tested positive today (after two false negatives) . She sees my elderly parents quite often, too. She was just at my father's show last night (where there were loads of people not wearing masks).. She's told everyone and is quarantining herself but she was at my mom's house on Tuesday when she started coughing.

I've also just learned that my brother, who hangs out with my elderly parents constantly and even lives with my dad, is not vaccinated. He is also a gigging musician, all over town- not as safety conscious as my sister.  My brother "trusts his immune system"... that's some ridiculous nonsense. My parents are 81 and 85 - if they get sick with *anything* it could be so dangerous.  My mother has a chronic respiratory condition..😡😭

I pray everyone stays healthy. Both my parents are vaccinated and boosted But I'm sorta beside myself furious right now... 😠😤😡

But your parents are vaccinated yes? So they are protected. 

Brian May issues a video explaining his experience with Covid. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-19/queen-guitarist-brian-may-reveals-he-is-recovering-from-covid-19/100712800

He warrants his survival to being triple jabbed, but even then, he suffered “a horrible two days”. Interesting to hear how he describes his covid journey.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXpi-xjAJGf/?utm_medium=copy_link

Of the 4100+ cases reported this morning ( yesterday's tests ) 2900+ were considered fully vaccinated.  They went around in high contact areas with lax protocols being demonstrated.

My wife and I got our booster shots yesterday. 1/2 dose Moderna since under 70.

Province imposing New restrictions today and more tomorrow.

Canada reimposing travel criteria on the 21st.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: