JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I have never once said that they are unworthy of love. But their actions are stupid, confused, and not based in fact. I believe they can change, but not with facts. Facts mean nothing to them. They live in a post-truth society, one might say.

Where did I say that Christian love is conditional on people making reasonable choices we can agree with? I think you are reading something into my posts that isn’t there.

We do pray that our “enemies” might change at some point. But these people are not our enemies. They are just lost and confused. They can be reached and can also change, but not with facts. Emotions, perhaps.

I must have mis-read you. Maybe I tied up your reply with the previous persons? 
it’s lovely to hear you do love these ones 😃

Very soon it will need to be our defining mark (aswell as the “sighing and groaning” ) 

john 13:35

And hopefully we will all be beautiful in Jehovah’s eyes. 

15 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Update #9 replaces 15 min meeting part this week for us. I guess it will be the same for all - United. 👍👍

Portugal - check 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 hours ago, vern said:

Doesn.t matter whether vaxx or not..... All still spread corona virus....

You might want to research that point. 
Vaccinated and unvaccinated are not equal in how they potentially spread covid or even catch it in the first place. 

Edited by Mykyl

Omicron - good news coming out of hospital data from South Africa.

https://www.samrc.ac.za/news/tshwane-district-omicron-variant-patient-profile-early-features

And easily explained by Dr Campbell in his latest video

Though hospitalisation are high and case numbers are accelerating quickly, doctors have said this is remarkably different from previous 3 waves. Most patients admitted were incidental covid patients, not primary (got picked up in routine covid test on admission).

Only a sprinkling need oxygen, and the average stay is reduced from 8.5 days for past 18 months down to 2.8 days. So good news. 👍

Data also showing vaccinated have fared better overall. The situation in South Africa is that very few younger people are vaccinated, so higher incidents of covid in the 30-39 year olds 28%. 80% of all admissions were for under 50s.

Its very early days yet, but here’s hoping this is a trend that will continue. Omicron will spread very quickly everywhere soon, so please take care friends ❤️.

I had covid in December of 2019 before it became a thing. I was so sick I couldn't believe a flu would be so bad. Well it wasn't flu. It was worse.

Now after all this time I know people who've died from it. A brother, his wife and daughter all got it. The wife and daughter recovered but the father, Randy, just died. His cousin, not in the truth but known by me, is not expected to live. So incredible. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Wow! 

A BA1 and BA2 variant. Ridiculous! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The latest jw.org post pandemic article.

Show respect for others

Scripture: “Honor men of all sorts.”—1 Peter 2:17.

What it means for you: 

People have reacted differently to the pandemic and its consequences. Allow them their opinions, but respectfully stick to the good decisions that you have made. Be considerate of the unvaccinated, the elderly, and those with serious underlying health issues.”

This article talks about how this virus will be here to stay for a long time. 
we know it’s the 38th biggest killer in the world on average. 
Im assuming people know the other 37.

4 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

The latest jw.org post pandemic article.

Show respect for others

What it means for you: 

People have reacted differently to the pandemic and its consequences. Allow them their opinions, but respectfully stick to the good decisions that you have made. Be considerate of the unvaccinated, the elderly, and those with serious underlying health issues.”

This article talks about how this virus will be here to stay for a long time. 
we know it’s the 38th biggest killer in the world on average. 
Im assuming people know the other 37.

Here's the link for those interested

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/post-pandemic-world-bible-help/

9 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I have found this article quite useful at the ministery. It touched a non-believer husband who asked my student "so, when is it gonna be your next JW meeting? 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-omicron-variant-latest-cases-uk-b1972358.html

Covid: True number of UK omicron cases ‘likely to be 10,000 and could hit one million by end of year’

Javid raises fresh prospect of ‘unsustainable pressure’ on the NHS as variant ‘more transmissible’

Just before official start of our meeting a pioneer sister ( now in early 70s and her pioneer 94 year old mother ) stated that she went over governing body update 9 several times and like Gideon followed guidance and got her 1st shot on Monday.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

16 hours ago, Sofia said:

I have found this article quite useful at the ministery. It touched a non-believer husband who asked my student "so, when is it gonna be your next JW meeting? 😉

I love this!

Show respect for others

What it means for you: People have reacted differently to the pandemic and its consequences. Allow them their opinions, but respectfully stick to the good decisions that you have made. Be considerate of the unvaccinated, the elderly, and those with serious underlying health issues.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

21 hours ago, pnutts said:

Just before official start of our meeting a pioneer sister ( now in early 70s and her pioneer 94 year old mother ) stated that she went over governing body update 9 several times and like Gideon followed guidance and got her 1st shot on Monday.

I got mine on Tuesday, but the side effect was a terrible fever and all the other symptoms of covid 19 except the shortness of breath. 

Edited by blacc

3 hours ago, blacc said:

I got mine on Tuesday, but the side effect was a terrible fever and all the other symptoms of covid 19 except the shortness of breath. 

I also got quite sick for 2 days with my first shot. But the second was fine. Glad you decided to do it. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, blacc said:

side effect was a terrible fever 

Your body immunity is strong because you're young and the antibodies inside your body are responding to the vaccine which is a good sign. What kind of vaccine did you take? Sounds like you got Sinovac/Astra Zeneca. 

Old people like me don't feel  any symptoms ( AZ vaccines twice) because my immune system is so weak, it no longer register any response from my immune system. ☹️

I'm hoping to get Pfizer for my booster jab but before 31 January. Hopefully before but I'm in no hurry. My 2nd dose was 10 August (about 5 months interval) Seems Pfizer is the best for the booster. I couldn't get the Pfizer before this because the Muslim majority government was reserving it for their own race/high infection areas (terms used interchangeably)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/doctors-vaccine-side-effects-show-your-immune-system-is-working-well/ar-BB1eZCSb

Spoiler

Overall, these temporary symptoms are your immune system in action as it responds to the vaccine. (None of the FDA-authorized vaccines* contain the actual coronavirus, just harmless genetic information about the virus that codes for only a small piece of the virus)

* Pfizer, Moderna, J & J

"These symptoms are expected," emphasized Dr. Thomas Russo, the chief of infectious disease at the University of Buffalo's Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. "It's a signal your immune system is working and you are responding to the vaccine."

Edited by happiness IS

Just announced in Singapore that these ART test kits will retail for US$3.60 each. Used to retail at double the price.

New ART kit brand at US$3.60 each

The Flowflex ART kits, developed by United States-based diagnostic and medical devices firm Acon Laboratories, were authorised for use in Singapore by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) on 8 November

3 hours ago, Michał said:

I dont know the whole list. Could you send a link?

The list includes ischaemic heart disease, dementia, cerebrovascular disease, lung issues, chronic lower respiratory disease, diabetes, urinary, malignant lymphoid, prostate, accidental falls, heart failure, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, suicide, arrhythmia, influenza, liver disease the list goes on..

Note this list DOES NOT INCLUDE the two biggest killers in the world, which are no.1 abortion 2. Medical malpractice (although this is a separate matter)

it’s all about context of course and I realise this is Australia’s data. No doubt it’s different in each country. Tuberculosis alone kills average 1.5 million per year….HIV. …malnutrition 
I’m sure you understand my point - that we treat life as sacred with regards to ALL these disease. We need context, and to keep sane. 
kind regards, Honeybarrel of Clan Doyle 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/causes-death-australia/2020

That’s a good point about keeping it in context. As serious as this pandemic is, people will still have to deal with all the other complex illnesses and inherited diseases, not to mention every other problem humans face on the earth.

The pandemic article quoted above says “He will solve this world’s problems, including those made worse by the pandemic.” The reality is, even if we dodge one bullet, the pandemic has made all issues worse and we will be affected in some way.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/post-pandemic-world-bible-help/ (So many good points here for witnessing).

Most Omicron cases in US have been mild but most were vaccinated, CDC reports

"Our findings show that vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic disease with the Omicron variant is significantly lower than with the Delta variant," the team, led by Nick Andrews of the UK Health Security Agency, reported in a pre-print posted online.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/10/health/omicron-cases-us-cdc/index.html

So, Omicron is slipping past the vaccine, but it's not as deadly.   Still shows the need to keep vigilant, wear masks, wash hands, physically distance.