JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

9 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

The question is...were they hospitalized because of it?  If they caught it, but only had mild symptoms, then it is of little concern.  The vaccine may or may not have played a part, and if it did, it kept them out the hospital.  So it's a win.

It doesn’t matter if they were hospitalized or not. To the authorities in charge, this new variant will be the excuse for more lockdowns and restrictions....it is already happening.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/new-covid-variant-south-africa-11-26-21

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

It doesn’t matter if they were hospitalized or not. To the authorities in charge, this new variant will be the excuse for more lockdowns and restrictions....it is already happening.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/new-covid-variant-south-africa-11-26-21

I guess it depends on your perspective.  In my instance, where we live, lockdowns were never really a thing.  Never missed a day of work, and most of my area shrugged it off.  So to me, the real concern is the disease itself.  How much should I worry?  Because the people around me sure won't....

58 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I guess it depends on your perspective.  In my instance, where we live, lockdowns were never really a thing.  Never missed a day of work, and most of my area shrugged it off.  So to me, the real concern is the disease itself.  How much should I worry?  Because the people around me sure won't....

Worry enough to be careful so you will not get it. Third virus is no joke.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Interesting that Covid-19 first started from contact with a bat, a unclean animal according to the Mosaic law, and this new variant is from a patient who has both AIDS - a disease by misconduct Jehovah hates- and Covid-19. Of course, AIDS can happen by other means. 

Bat or not, yet it is a clean animal because Jehovah made it clean. Acts 10:15

If you are in South Africa or Botswana and your country closed flights, you can always come trough Poland. We have zero lockdowns, no-one is observing mask mandates (incluing law enforcement officers and paramedics), we don't test people who come to our contry, we don't close borders with countries with covid hot-spots. And we are in the top10 countries in most (bad) covid statistics.

Btw, a fake Covid certificate (procured by actual doctors!) is about 450 PLN (~100 USD) and about 650 PLN (~150 USD) if you do it remotely.

So, to sum it up: This is life… in Poland.

😵💫

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Even if it is 500% more contagious...

https://www.newsweek.com/new-covid-variant-possibly-500-percent-more-infectious-delta-1653596

it wouldn't be too bad, if the symptoms are light as David says. I already feel tired most of the time, and I could take pain medication for the light headache......

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

44 minutes ago, JudyO said:

https://www.newsweek.com/new-covid-variant-possibly-500-percent-more-infectious-delta-1653596

it wouldn't be too bad, if the symptoms are light as David says. I already feel tired most of the time, and I could take pain medication for the light headache......

I think I was born tired! Is it a design failure? I ask myself 😂

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/fibromyalgia/symptoms-causes/syc-20354780

I definitely suffer from design failure aka fibromyalgia.

• Fatigue. People with fibromyalgia often awaken tired, even though they report sleeping for long periods of time. Sleep is often disrupted by pain, and many patients with fibromyalgia have other sleep disorders, such as restless legs syndrome and sleep apnea.
  • Cognitive difficulties. A symptom commonly referred to as "fibro fog" impairs the ability to focus, pay attention and concentrate on mental tasks.

No wonder I'm such a loser. 

Edited by happiness IS

13 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/fibromyalgia/symptoms-causes/syc-20354780

I definitely suffer from design failure aka fibromyalgia.

No wonder I'm such a loser. 

We're not losers, we're survivors! 😁🥰

9 hours ago, JudyO said:

Exactly 

time will tell if we must worry too much

7 hours ago, happiness IS said:

definitely suffer from design failure aka fibromyalgia.

Me too

i understand you very well 😢😢😢

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

So far... good news.

Let´s keep on the watch

(...) unlike the Delta so far patients have not reported loss of smell or taste and there has been no major drop in oxygen levels with the new variant.

Her experience so far has been that the variant is affecting people who are 40 or younger. Almost half of the patients with Omicron symptoms that she treated were not vaccinated.

"The most predominant clinical complaint is severe fatigue for one or two days. With them, the headache and the body aches and pain."

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/safrican-doctor-says-patients-with-omicron-variant-have-very-mild-symptoms-2021-11-28/

Edited by Sofia

Moderna COVID booster: What to know about the new omicron variant, side effects, CDC rules (msn.com)

One of the things this article talks about is that Moderna might have a vaccine available specifically for the new variant from South Africa early in 2022 if needed.

Edited by JW2017