JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

On 10/17/2021 at 2:23 AM, Sofia said:

...and...when all indicated a major drop, the worldwide cases are rising again. seems like a new wave is comming? or just a "plateau" being formed?  Time will tell. Keeping on the watch. Portugal is ahead in vaccinations but experiencing everyday new cases among elderly VACCINATED people :( :( 

image.png.2e36f7d6b3ebb918a87c1241372817b2.png

Its rising again :( . A new strain type from Delta is spreading fast. 6% of cases in Portugal are this new strain. in our village cases are rising among our friends. My friends who are anti vaxxers have now covid this week. Today I visited some and facilitate medicine access for them to get better :( When will people realize that EVERYBODY will get this virus? either naturally or by vaccine (controled viral contact). :wall:

These guys never ware a mask never avoid physical contact never kept the distance.

What did thy think? they are invincible super-heroes? :wall: now at home, very sick, weak and waiting for a hopeful good outcome. 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

A new strain type from Delta is spreading fast.

https://112.international/society/new-strain-of-coronavirus-circulates-in-uk-65975.html

You are correct!

British doctors observe growing incidence of the new kind of coronavirus, the AY.4.2 variant. It is also known as Delta Plus mutation, reports BBC.

Theis kind is not yet labeled as a dangerous one. Healthcare experts are looking into its activity. 

According to the story, "the latest official data suggests 6% of Covid cases that have been genetically sequenced are of a new type". However, this particular mutation dominates among those who got sick with coronavirus. 

Time will tell! 

11 hours ago, rocket said:

Well the Corona Virus finally hit close to home.  My Grandkids parents are firm anti-vaxers and the whole family of 6 of 4 Generations in one home contracted it.  The Great Grandmother didn't survive.  Ivermectin didn't do them much good. The feelings I have, I'll keep to myself.  The decisions one makes can have far reaching consequences hard to deal with.

I am so sorry to hear this Lynn. 😟Please accept my sincere condolences.💖

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

12 hours ago, rocket said:

Well the Corona Virus finally hit close to home.  My Grandkids parents are firm anti-vaxers and the whole family of 6 of 4 Generations in one home contracted it.  The Great Grandmother didn't survive.  Ivermectin didn't do them much good. The feelings I have, I'll keep to myself.  The decisions one makes can have far reaching consequences hard to deal with.

Sad... Are they all in the Truth ?
May Jehovah give you comfort.

In France, a non mRNA vaccine has been developped, by a company called Valneva. Results look better than the AstraZeneca.

Edited by Dages

This is worrisome when we know about the infamous raids upon JWs homes.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-covid-deaths-hit-4th-straight-record-week-before-new-curbs-2021-10-22/

Moscow has ordered unvaccinated over-60s to stay at home for four months from Monday, and from next Thursday will reimpose the strictest lockdown measures since June last year, with only essential shops like pharmacies and supermarkets allowed to remain open.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/moscow-reintroduce-lockdown-measures-covid-19-cases-deaths-soar-2021-10-21/

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Singapore has 85% fully vaccinated and many are worried at the increasing cases. But this whatsapp post circulating around explains what endemicity means.

1. Accepting that virus will always be circulating among us.

2. Can't reach endemicity without waves of transmission.

3. 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀.

Spoiler

Towards Endemicity!

The problem we have is that despite the explanations, many people still do not understand the meaning of treating the virus as endemic or the process of going towards  endemicity.

First, treating Covid-19 as endemic means accepting that virus will always be circulating among us.

And if the virus is always circulating among us, we should not expect zero cases.

Second, we can't reach endemicity without waves of transmission. This is the most difficult part of the journey.

And you do not cry that the taskforce has lost their way when you see this surge of cases because they have not lost their way. They are persevering towards endemicity.

A truly endemic state is reached when the virus is circulating among us without being the threat that it is now and large number of hospitalizations.

How does the virus become less of a threat?

2 ways. The first is a very high rate of vaccination. The second is the high natural immunity in the population.

The first of these 2 ways is (hopefully) clearly understood. If you are vaccinated, you are protected from getting a serious illness if you are infected.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 (𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻) 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.

This is why you cannot reach endemicity without the waves of transmission. BECAUSE there can be no natural immunity without infections.

You can gallop towards the true state of endemicity in as short a time as possible by removing all restrictions, open all borders, or you can have a controlled journey towards there.

The former will lead to a surge of infections so high that the healthcare system cannot cope, and people die for lack of oxygen supplementation because there is no room for them. But the country will also reach endicity faster.

So what is slowing Singapore down from being the first to  reach this endemic state?

The human cost.

Because all lives matter.

This is why some restrictions are still in place. We're not trying to stop transmission. We're slowing it down to make sure our healthcare system is not overwhelmed so that every sick person can be cared for.

When the case loads in hospitals become more manageable, restrictions may be eased. This of course means cases will GO UP AGAIN.

𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀. 𝗧𝗵𝘂𝘀, 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁.

The brakes may be pulled on the RESTRICTIONS every now and then depending on the surge of each wave..

This is not a flip flop. This is to ensure the healthcare system remains intact to take care of you.

Going towards endemicity is not going to be a pretty sight. How have we done?

It's early days yet for an assessment but we have kept the number of fatalities as low as possible. That is to be noted.

We can do even better if those who are not vaccinated can be persuaded to get vaccinated.

Most of the deaths are from unvaccinated people. They come from a very small group of unvaccinated population. Think about this. How many of these deaths could have been prevented if people were vaccinated?

What must you do? Get  vaccinated!

After waves of transmission, we will eventually reach endemicity. The journey is not an easy one. It is made bearable and possible with vaccination.

Without vaccination, the cost will be a massive loss of lives.

COVID-19 is here to stay and endemicity is inevitable.

Well, I have an appointment for my booster next Wednesday!  It's from Moderna even though I had Johnson and Johnson, because it's been approved that the booster can be different and data shows this may be more affective.  

In the United States they are only recommending and approving boosters for certain populations who had the two doses of Pfizer or Moderna.  But they are recommending boosters for everyone who had Johnson and Johnson which is around 15 million people, most had Pfizer or Moderna.  

I think I would qualify even they were only allowing certain populations who had Johnson and Johnson because I have asthma.  Anyway I don't have to worry about that.  Just thought I'd mention it here.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:06 AM, Michał said:

We have government-developed health app that stores QR code (and other info). 

The US doesn't have anything coordinated like that 🙄😒  Some various states do..

https://www.cnet.com/health/some-states-have-an-app-for-your-covid-19-vaccine-card-heres-what-else-we-found/

Dr. John Campbell's Sunday Update.

Aspiration (pulling back on the syringe PRIOR to injecting the vaccine, to make certain the vaccine is being delivered into the MUSCLE and NOT

directly into the bloodstream) is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Dr. John Campbell's Sunday Update.

Aspiration (pulling back on the syringe PRIOR to injecting the vaccine, to make certain the vaccine is being delivered into the MUSCLE and NOT

I really like his videos. He explains things so anyone can understand!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

10 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgVsd6qoyU4

Its strange the medical authorities have not modified the injection procedure to aspirate. Some of the comments in his youtube from those who have aspirated the injection and have drawn blood:

13:18 Now another commentator said this. I'm not naming them for
obvious reasons. Uh, I inject myself with them if you want to go on the web you can find them of course and message them. As these are public domain comments:

I injected myself with an anabolic steroid and I've done so for the past 20 years. Not commenting on that but we acknowledge the fact that you have.

My preferred injection site is the deltoid muscle. It's a deep intramuscular injection. I aspirate and on many occasions I've drawn back blood. I would say about one out of every 30 times. Wow! So definitely possibility of inadvertent intravascular  administration there into the deltoid.

14:00 gary writes in:
I had my wife ask the nurse to aspirate for a third moderna dose. Blood twice in a row then none on the third try. So wow! That is unfortunate. Got blood twice but good job you aspirated, otherwise your wife could have got an intravenous vaccination

4 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Its strange the medical authorities have not modified the injection procedure to aspirate.

Dr. Campbell explains the problem is the authorities are using 2004 guidelines with a 2021 vaccine that did not exist when those guidelines were suggested. 

2004 guidelines state no aspiration is necessary.

2021 vaccine manufacturers' clearly state: VACCINE MUST NOT BE ADMINISTERED INTRAVENOUSLY

Without pulling back slightly on the syringe plunger to check for blood, there is no way to tell if the tip of the needle is in a vein, or not.

2021 RNA vaccines require 2021 injection guidelines.

Using 2004 guidelines is playing Russian roulette with people's lives.

In the words of Dr. Campbell, it also beggars belief.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, JW2017 said:

I had my booster shot from Moderna (I had Johnson and Johnson in the spring) just a little while ago.  The shot didn't hurt and I haven't gotten sick so far.  So we'll see.

Small world sis. I just got my Moderna booster shot today too.

The Singapore government has given each household 10 covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) kits. Each test kit costs about US$7.50.

The purpose is to test ourselves if we are symptomatic or if we were in contact with a covid-19 infected person.

58071488_ARTKits.thumb.jpeg.8aa5a1ca03200cb28a827d16f12b0de0.jpeg

16 hours ago, JW2017 said:

I had my booster shot from Moderna (I had Johnson and Johnson in the spring) just a little while ago.  The shot didn't hurt and I haven't gotten sick so far.  So we'll see.

My arm is sore now but that's it so far. My best friend had Moderna including a booster dose the same day I did and my close friend her fleshly sister had Pfizer including the booster same day.  (They live in a different part of the State) Yesterday they weren't sick we'll see about today. 

My best friend said that with her  second dose of Moderna she was exhausted and slept a lot and didn't feel good.  But that didn't happen until the next day and only lasted a day.  She said the most common side affect with Moderna is a red circle that itches for a while at the location of the shot.  But I don't have that,  she   did with the first two doses and I don't remember if she had that yesterday or not.   Her sister got achy like with the flu with her second dose of Pfizer but when we talked yesterday evening she hadn't gotten sick with the booster yet and they had them in the morning.   

We all three qualified for the boosters in the United States, me because they're recommending it for everyone who had Johnson and Johnson and besides that I have asthma.   My best friend has asthma and her sister is a care giver and additionally has asthma. 

My mom had her Pfizer booster two or three weeks ago and qualified because she has diabetes and asthma.  She didn't get sick with any of the doses.  Anyway I thought that I would share.