JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

3 minutes ago, DarinS said:

just out of curiosity

I understand health - auto immune , etc

what would a religious objection be???

it does not have blood  - 

other than those who reject any and all health treatments

is there any ' legitimate sounding' religious reasons that you have heard?

I don't think religious exemptions are the answer in fact I see it as a trap that the world is falling into.  People are using all types of excuses to seek religious exemptions.  The GB has made it clear JWs are not against vaccines.  That means we shouldn't be trying to seek religious exemptions because we are JWs.   This could really be where the government takes all those exemptions and go after the churches that signed the forms.  However, even if some (talking about Bro/Sis) don't feel comfortable taking said shot we should respect that even if it's not health or religious exemption related.  We don't have all the facts.   But the questions is a great one.  Thanks for asking.

7 hours ago, lovjahupepl said:

I don't think religious exemptions are the answer in fact I see it as a trap that the world is falling into.  

In addition, I think it's clear the worldly governments simply do not understand:

1. They don't understand our position on blood, flag salute, military service, holidays, etc.. but they do know that, legally, they must make an exception for us. 

2. Worldly people don't understand and cannot explain their own beliefs, customs, and practices.  For the most part they blindly follow whatever their religious leaders tell them they must accept or reject. 

Add these two points together and you get the vague wording about being able to be exempt from vaccination (or any other requirement). 

Edited by Shawnster

3 hours ago, JW2017 said:

Thanks a lot for the article.:thumbsup:

Interesting to note that Delta dominates over the Mu variant.

"I've seen very few studies on its properties because it's not been widely studied yet. The key thing is, it's just not spreading much."

The fact that Mu isn't spreading as rapidly as Delta could mean that the new variant will gradually disappear, according to Moore.

"One of the things we've learned with Delta is that it squelched out less transmissible variants," Moore said. "It's the most transmissible variants that dominate. And everything else just becomes less and less of an issue. Unless Mu has unique transmissibility properties, and that would be surprising because it's not been seen so far. It's survival of the fittest from the virus perspective."

It may all come to this. This is my Executive Order by the State, mandating vaccines for all employees and anyone employed by the State. 

Failure to comply will result in denial of access to the job site or termination. 

It's happening, it's our realty. 

I don't mind, people are being responsible. Like the scripture at Phil. 1:10- Make sure of the more important things quoted in the handouts at this week's mid-week meeting, we need to be extra diligent in what we do. 

The news is full of stories of more and more hospitals filling up, patients being refused entry because they're all full or transported to other burdened hospitals. And the unthinkable number of our dear spiritual family we've lost, 19,000! 

I hope this helps to see the seriousness with which the medical community and our brotherhood is taking this. 

680523350_CovidEO(748x1331).thumb.jpg.e5fa47100f6f77e8487f6179e6151bc1.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

It’s about to start again in the US:

Alaska’s largest hospital implements ‘crisis standards of care’ as U.S. marks grim milestone

Key updates

Alaska’s largest hospital implements ‘crisis standards of care’ as E.R. patients wait in their cars

The pandemic marks another grim milestone: 1 in 500 Americans have died of covid-19

FDA review remains neutral on boosters ahead of critical Friday vote, as Pfizer pushes added shots

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/15/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/

Grim is the truth. My insurance company is Kaiser, apparently a brother saw on the news that the hospital/clinic in Portland, Oregon had tents set up. In a search I found that Kaiser is making it mandatory for all staff to be vaccinated. The virus is literally storming through every nook and cranny. 

https://www.kptv.com/news/kaiser-permanente-making-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-for-all-employees-and-physicians/article_03da6b88-f3e3-11eb-bba2-e75dce79d984.html

“Large groups of unvaccinated people are fueling the current increase in cases and 97% to 99% of COVID-19 hospital admissions are unvaccinated patients. Making vaccination mandatory is the most effective way we can protect our people, our patients, and the communities we serve. We encourage all health systems and business and industry leaders across the country to play a role in ending the pandemic by doing the same,” said Greg A. Adams, chair and chief executive officer, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan, Inc.

OHSU made the announcement back in May that it intends to implement a similar policy for anyone with an OHSU identification badge, to the fullest extent allowed by law.

The announcement comes the same day the Oregon Health Authority announced five new COVID-19 deaths and 2,056 additional cases over a 3-day span.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Did you notice on the link you posted that if you keep scrolling down a story about one of the pastors providing people with exemption paperwork @Tbs77

Love how it's a requirement for people to donate $$$$$ so they can become online members. 🙄 In the meantime anyone can not only join us at any time, but tap into thousands of publications and videos in over a thousand languages for FREE. 

"A pastor is encouraging people to donate to his Tulsa church so they can become an online member and get his signature on a religious exemption from coronavirus vaccine mandates. The pastor, Jackson Lahmeyer, is a 29-year-old small-business owner running in the Republican primary challenge to Sen. James Lankford in 2022.

Lahmeyer, who leads Sheridan Church with his wife, Kendra, said Tuesday that in the past two days, about 30,000 people have downloaded the religious exemption form he created.

“It’s beautiful,” he said. “My phone and my emails have blown up.”

This dude was a POW (piece of work)

Bob Enyart, conservative firebrand and pastor, dies of COVID-19

Conservative firebrand Bob Enyart, the pastor of the Denver Bible Church and indelible talk show host, has died from COVID-19, his radio co-host announced Monday on Facebook.

“Bob Enyart was one of the smartest, and without question, the wisest person I’ve known,” Fred Williams, Enyart’s co-host on the Real Science Radio show, said in a post.

Enyart and his wife refused to get the vaccine due to abortion concerns, he said on his website.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/09/13/bob-enyart-dies-covid-19/amp/

Years ago he used to play “another one bites the dust” by Queen when someone died of AIDS.

15 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Did you notice on the link you posted that if you keep scrolling down a story about one of the pastors providing people with exemption paperwork @Tbs77

Love how it's a requirement for people to donate $$$$$ so they can become online members. 🙄 In the meantime anyone can not only join us at any time, but tap into thousands of publications and videos in over a thousand languages for FREE. 

"A pastor is encouraging people to donate to his Tulsa church so they can become an online member and get his signature on a religious exemption from coronavirus vaccine mandates. The pastor, Jackson Lahmeyer, is a 29-year-old small-business owner running in the Republican primary challenge to Sen. James Lankford in 2022.

Lahmeyer, who leads Sheridan Church with his wife, Kendra, said Tuesday that in the past two days, about 30,000 people have downloaded the religious exemption form he created.

“It’s beautiful,” he said. “My phone and my emails have blown up.”

We're talking about this in service today. Foolish, money grubbing people.

IMO it's just that people don't want to be told what to do. They want full autonomy to the detriment of others.

21 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Enyart and his wife refused to get the vaccine due to abortion concerns, he said on his website.

What does this mean? 

Never mind, found where it talks about it. 

Edited by bagwell1987

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

We're talking about this in service today. Foolish, money grubbing people.

IMO it's just that people don't want to be told what to do. They want full autonomy to the detriment of others.

Unfortunately this pastor is not the only one doing this. There are plenty of others. Then there even politicians getting in on this.. For all the same reason. Supporters = $$$$. 

As far as people not wanting to be told what to do, you are so right. 

When I first figured out that people didn't want to be vaccinated, I was shocked enough to start talking to people so I could understand what was going on. 

I literally could not have one intelligent discussion with anyone who was adamantly against this vaccine. They tried, but when presented with statistics from reputable sources, all they could come up with was "My body, my rights. Nope, not going to make me." 

Alrighty then. 

This includes one of my employees. Her sister had a severe case, then 2 of her co-workers had it. One was okay within 2 weeks, but the other was out for more than a month, part of that spent in a hospital. The guys were young and healthy, she is not. She has managed to avoid this so far. Likely the fact that everyone else there is vaccinated has helped keep her safe. 

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Northern states are going to see increases as people start doing more thing indoors to get out of the cold.

Southern states will start seeing decreases as people start doing more outside now that it's not so roasting hot out.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

At our weekly service group meeting tonight, the brother said Michigan is now considered level 4 according to the branch. After checking the numbers the past week it’s certainly easy to say why. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Melbourne is protesting violently again.  These types of protests are fairly new in Australia. Australians have always been considered a reasonably laid-back, obedient bunch but not anymore it seems. 2Tim 3:3

And this in a state with a daily rising Delta variant - 535 new cases today and 1 death after 510 new cases yesterday.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/police-brace-for-anti-lockdown-rally-planned-in-melbourne-cbd-on-saturday-c-3998032?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

Police and anti-lockdown protesters have clashed in tense scenes as what was billed as a peaceful rally boiled over in inner Melbourne on Saturday.

The group sat down on the road after being surrounded by officers with batons and pepper spray drawn.

Earlier on Burnley St some protesters pleaded with police to let them through while others could be heard yelling, “no one has died from Covid” .........

The crowd marched through the streets attempting to evade officers but were cut off at on a highway.

There police deployed pepper spray toward the crowd with members responding by throwing projectiles.

Police could also be seen pushing people back who were fleeing from them.

The protesters then broke through a line of police by charging straight at them. One officer was seen to be trampled and another flung to the ground.

Some earlier said the planned site had to be changed to give police the slip, while others argued they needed to “stand up” to authorities.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

This article explains why vaccines lose protection over infection over time. Its because the antibodies reduce over time.

T-Cells can manufacture new antibodies but it takes time. Since the Delta variant has a shorter incubation period we will get sick before antibodies can be produced.

Getting a mild infection after Covid-19 vaccination gives best protection against future variants: Expert

"The immune system does not sustain antibodies at a high level when it doesn't need it," he said, but the memory of how to make those antibodies remains.

"When you see the virus again, it will recall this memory and it will mount an immune response. But that memory recall takes a few days. And so it becomes a race between the immune system and Delta."

So far, data shows that more people infected by the Delta variant get sick compared with earlier variants of the virus.

Prof Ooi said this is because of the shorter incubation period - the point from infection to disease - of three days for Delta against five days for the original strain. The immune system, however, takes about four or five days to mount a response.

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

However....   The FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer booster shot.  Instead they recommend only elderly and immunocompromised receive the booster.

I think that's reasonable. It's not the end of the world to be somewhat sick for a few days until your immune system defeats the virus. You can't keep your body overflowing with covid antibodies forever.

14 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

However....   The FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer booster shot.  Instead they recommend only elderly and immunocompromised receive the booster. 

US panel backs COVID-19 boosters only for seniors, high-risk

In a surprising turn, the advisory panel rejected, 16-2, boosters for almost everyone. Members cited a lack of safety data on extra doses and also raised doubts about the value of mass boosters, rather than ones targeted to specific groups.

Then, in an 18-0 vote, it endorsed extra shots for people 65 and older and those at risk of serious disease. Panel members also agreed that health workers and others who run a high risk of being exposed to the virus on the job should get boosters, too.

40 minutes ago, carlos said:

It's not the end of the world to be somewhat sick for a few days until your immune system defeats the virus.

And for working adults, maybe get some paid days off to boot. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Looks like my Moderna has good reviews from the data. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/moderna-vaccine-most-effective-cdc-study/index.html

Meanwhile, my 5G reception is amazing also. Maybe that's worth it a study too. 

:bouncing:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible