JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Is it selfish to NOT want to take COVID vaccine?

In South Korea, (among those in 30's. Cause I'm in my 30's)

out of all 30 thousand confirmed people,

10 people died due to covid virus.

Out of all 2.5 million vaccinated people in their 30's,

8 people died due to vaccines. 

So it's not very likely to die due to vaccines.

But those people maybe didn't have to die..

If they didn't take the vaccine, that is.

But it's rare, nonetheless.

Still you take the risk.

32 minutes ago, Dages said:

Meh, kids aren't really affected by COVID... 

Some of the USA reports of it occurring maybe exaggerated, but tell that grieving parents and loved ones. 

In some unique cases of delta variant, child or adult has 3 to 4 days to live after infection. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Some of the USA reports of it occurring maybe exaggerated, but tell that grieving parents and loved ones. 

In some unique cases of delta variant, child or adult has 3 to 4 days to live after infection. 

That is extremely rare. 

2 hours ago, Dages said:

That is extremely rare. 

Our hospitals and children's hospitals are flooded with children sick with Covid to the point where they are begging parents to mask their children and calling on schools to switch to virtual learning.

It's bad for the kids over here. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

43 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Our hospitals and children's hospitals are flooded with children sick with Covid to the point where they are begging parents to mask their children and calling on schools to switch to virtual learning.

It's bad for the kids over here. 

masks have been mandatory for kids for a while here... but vaxx is for +12yo

16 minutes ago, cme said:

I'm appalled that the schools are preventing children to wear mask

Here they did a poll prior to school opening, asking what parents prefer. Mask, no mask, optional. I could hardly believe there was an option of no masks and optional with cases steadily increasing here as they have been. 

Fortunately parents voted for masks, so all children wear them on the bus and in classrooms. My daughter has told me about children who defiantly refused to wear their masks (elementary school, mind you). The school apparently holds them in an office somewhere and makes the parents pick them up. Good! 

The behavior of people in the world should not be shocking anymore, but somehow it is is. People ripping masks off of the faces of teachers, threatening violence, physical altercations at school board meetings. A doctor who recommended masks for students was surrounded by an angry mob who followed him to his car. He was told that he will be hunted down. 

It's a virus and precautions should be common sense.. but somehow they are not. People and their "rights" just trump any and all common sense these days. 

2 Timothy 3: 1-7  is all I can think of right now. 

It’s quite shocking to hear these reactions to mask wearing over there in the US. In Australia, we are definitely more compliant with masking as mandated by our state governments. Fines are quite steep, and it’s  policed, so the few who like to defy are dealt with. It’s not up to business and schools to vote on how to handle this issue.

43 minutes ago, cme said:

I'm appalled that the schools are preventing children to wear mask and even more appalled at the parents for allowing their children to go maskless.

They are all blood guilty.

May Jehovah's Kingdom come quickly!

I've not heard of many (any?) schools preventing wearing masks. 

The sad thing is that many of those kids were stuck indoors all summer without sunlight, but lots of processed unhealthy food. Then they have to go back to school with weak immune systems. The average elementary school is a cesspool even on a good day. But with COVID in the mix...a recipe for disaster. 

And those kids don't wear masks properly. Masks are being reused, they touch their faces constantly, they don't wash their hands properly.

Edited by blue-jay

Something to consider: Are the members of the GB personally exemplary?

Are they really worthy of imitation?

What is the most critical health situation in the world today?

How could we imitate their their personal stand on this issue?

We know their position organizationly, it is our personal choice, but what  personal example do they set?  

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

Algo a considerar: os membros do GB são pessoalmente exemplares?

Eles são realmente dignos de imitação?

Qual é a situação de saúde mais crítica do mundo hoje?

Como poderíamos imitar sua posição pessoal sobre o assunto?

Conhecemos sua posição organizacionalmente, é nossa escolha pessoal, mas que exemplo pessoal eles dão?  

1 - Yes 

2 - Yes

3 - Coping with a pandemic 

4 - take the immunizing 

5 - It's okay to take the vaccines, Jehovah's people are not against it!

The way people feel about this virus they are going to be up in arms (some literally) because no ne has the right to order them to do anything. If vaccines are mandated, there will be more riots IMHO. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

21 minutes ago, Loopy said:

If vaccines are mandated, there will be more riots IMHO. 

1000% agreed. Can't even imagine the rioting and carrying on that will take place within the US if this happens. My bet is that the BLM protests and riots will pale in comparison to this. 

11 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

OR submit to weekly testing to produce a negative test.  THERE IS A CHOICE STILL IN PLACE.

I read an article that said the weekly tests are no longer an option for people with certain jobs.

Biden announces new vaccine mandates that could cover 100 million Americans - CNNPolitics

Edited by JW2017

4 hours ago, blue-jay said:

The sad thing is that many of those kids were stuck indoors all summer without sunlight, but lots of processed unhealthy food. Then they have to go back to school with weak immune systems. The average elementary school is a cesspool even on a good day. But with COVID in the mix...a recipe for disaster. 

And those kids don't wear masks properly. Masks are being reused, they touch their faces constantly, they don't wash their hands properly.

That sounds reasonable, but were these kids really inside all summer? Everything seemed to open up this spring.  Plenty of outdoor summer events happened.  

I just can't comprehend these kids were still locked down like they were in 2020