JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-coronavirus-cases-world-map/

980132879_ScreenShot2021-08-28at12_59_47PM.thumb.png.eafdfc3ecdd919f991a04ed9e026aafe.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

811963506_ScreenShot2021-08-28at1_03_03PM.png.38466ea1ac1ea4e1d6fd05037ddfd18d.png

The “worst is yet to come” given a lack of global solidarity, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization, said at a briefing in Geneva on June 29.

:( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

14 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Both have a bigger population than Australia, too.  So that is understandable. 

A better comparison is to look at cases per million population or if you can find percent of population with coronavirus. That will give a better idea how well a country is battling the pandemic 

I wasn't making any mathematical comparisons of deaths per capita or trying to work out how well any country is dealing with the pandemic. 

I was merely making a general observation on the number of deaths in just those 2 countries alone. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

NSW not doing very well at all.

NSW has recorded six deaths and 1218 new local cases of COVID-19 on Sunday.

There have now been 89 deaths since the outbreak began on June 16 and the number of infections has climbed to more than 17,000.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nsw-records-1218-new-local-cases-of-coronavirus-c-3811065?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2021-8-29&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

34 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

I wasn't making any mathematical comparisons of deaths per capita or trying to work out how well any country is dealing with the pandemic. 

I was merely making a general observation on the number of deaths in just those 2 countries alone. 

15 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

The number of deaths in the USA and India together is nearly 3 times the population of Australia. 😢

:facepalmpo2:

14 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Both have a bigger population than Australia, too.  So that is understandable. 

A better comparison is to look at cases per million population or if you can find percent of population with coronavirus. That will give a better idea how well a country is battling the pandemic 

Everybody! Please just ignore me and everything I said on this subject.  I am not doing very well at the moment and it has obviously affected my brain which seems to have gone totally dolally - even more than usual. 🙄😑

I am going to retreat into my basket and be quiet. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Misleading information abounds. Because of things like this none of us really knows what the truth is. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253796898.html

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Misleading information abounds. Because of things like this none of us really knows what the truth is. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253796898.html

I am not surprised. I believe at least 20 million worldwide have died from the virus.

I really appreciate GB update #7 in terms of Coronsvirus. It’s getting harder and harder for me to wear a mask. Today we were shopping in a supermarket. Apart from us only 2 people were wearing them. Last week we ate lunch at pierogarnia and 2 police officers came to order some pierogi and like the rest of people were without masks. 

I guess having daily new 200 cases in a 38 million country can lull almost everybody into a false sense of security. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

“People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/pandemic-australia-still-liberal-democracy/619940/?fbclid=IwAR25xJSC1X-dVT-KGktmIjHKfcG3EJ9hPGk_nhGufYvq661_pdTNmWLmWD0

Do they REALLY think this is the answer to stop Covid? They are already doing this in China.

It’s likely the authorities will try to institute such a program here in the US.

Things are going from bad to worse. But then again, are we surprised?

@zoebarry
It makes perfect sense. Covid pandemic is making the nations realize that in order to battle Covid they need a worldwide implementation. This is pushing the nations to develop a system that will react quickly in real time. The same network system can later, easily be used to limit people, and religious activities. All the dominos are aligning... it's amazing that we are witnesses to this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58439863

Will Hurricane Ida cause a spike in Covid-19?

Only a little over 40% of Louisiana's population is fully vaccinated against the coronavirus - one of the lowest rates in the US - and hospitals are already overburdened.

On 2 September alone, the state's department of public health reported 2,099 new cases and 74 new deaths. The new cases bring the total to over 694,000, with a death toll of over 12,600 in the state.

Now, concerns are mounting that the combination of the storm and the virus may result in Covid-19 outbreaks spreading far beyond areas hit by Ida.

"In an area that has a high degree of community spread and low vaccination rates, that's a formula for a secondary disaster," he said. "That would turn a shelter into a super-spreader venue."

"There's also families that are staying with each other or other people. There's no way that Covid is not going to blow up again, even worse than it already was."

02 September 2021, 14:36

More than 5.5 thousand clerics and monks of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus

Moscow, September 2, Interfax - A total of 5,540 people from among the clergy and monastics of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus since the beginning of the pandemic, the working group under Patriarch Kirill reports.

It's specified that 452 of them are clerics of parishes in Moscow, 4079 are clerics of dioceses of Russia and 1009 are clerics and residents of stavropegia (regional monasteries under the direct jurisdiction of the patriarch).

In addition, as of September 1, 130 clerics and monastics of the Russian Orthodox Church continue to be treated for coronavirus in Russia, including one cleric of Moscow, 122 clerics of the dioceses of Russia and seven people from among the clergy and residents of the stavropegia.

Also, as of September 1, 182 deaths from the effects of coronavirus were registered in Russia among the clergy of Moscow and dioceses, clergy and residents of the stavropegia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Is it just me? 
But the pushing spirits(?) between the North and the south have been intensified because apparently many people think China(a communist nation, an ally of KOTN) is Covid’s origin and are hating China more and more.

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

Another person debating getting the vaccine because of underlying medical conditions was thinking of getting the vaccine, dies within 3 days of getting virus.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

9 hours ago, zoebarry said:

“People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/pandemic-australia-still-liberal-democracy/619940/?fbclid=IwAR25xJSC1X-dVT-KGktmIjHKfcG3EJ9hPGk_nhGufYvq661_pdTNmWLmWD0

Do they REALLY think this is the answer to stop Covid? They are already doing this in China.

It’s likely the authorities will try to institute such a program here in the US.

Things are going from bad to worse. But then again, are we surprised?

Just to clarify this and set the record straight, it is only for people who are quarantining after returning to South Australia from elsewhere. It is not for every person everywhere in the state. It is to take the pressure of local police who have to go and physically check on people to make sure they are quarantining.

We need to read the whole article before sharing information that is misleading and inaccurate.

Returning travelers quarantining at home will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person.

9 hours ago, zoebarry said:

I’m sorry, but you’ve misunderstood the intent. We do home quarantine in Australia. I also had to log in to an app to check in daily. It does two things. Firstly, it monitors that you are doing the right thing by isolating in your home. Police use technology because they can’t physically go checking on everyone’s who’s isolating, can they?  So if you don’t respond they will contact you. This way they follow up on ones disobeying the law and potentially spreading covid in the community. 

Secondly, it’s a health check. Every day you monitor your health and report any symptoms. You get medical help if needed via ambulance to Emergency if needed. 

This method is one way Australia has stayed covid free for so long. In Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland and Northern Territory we still are. 

12 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This way they follow up on ones disobeying the law and potentially spreading covid in the community. 

Then what happens to the ones " disobeying the law " ? Are they fined, jailed, or isolated in a hospital? It sounds like a good way to keep on top of covid, it just would never work here in the U.S., there would be major revolts with people screaming " we have rights " or " our rights are being violated " " privacy issues "!!! Not open to any agreement!

15 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Then what happens to the ones " disobeying the law " ? Are they fined, jailed, or isolated in a hospital? It sounds like a good way to keep on top of covid, it just would never work here in the U.S., there would be major revolts with people screaming " we have rights " or " our rights are being violated " " privacy issues "!!! Not open to any agreement!

Mostly they get fined - our prisons are already over crowded.

We do have protests here with people screaming for their rights but we have a much smaller population so usually not as dramatic as yours in the US though one the other week in Victoria became very violent and nasty.

These particular ones under discussion here are just individual households or one within a household who have broken the quarantine rules. We have these rules to protect the community and the state.  

Australia also has a duty to protect First Nations people. Unfortunately the vaccination uptake is only just starting to gain momentum now because more than half of Australia (most of the Eastern states) are in lockdown with ever increasing delta cases spreading throughout their communities, in the jails and in regional areas where few medical resources exist.

It is the government’s role to protect its people, and by and large the government here has done this better than most. But when covid spreads into the indigenous population, they are a much more vulnerable cohort.

It’s looking very grim for them if Australia reaches the 70% adult vaccination target, because that’s going to affect the non-indigenous portion of the population more. 🥺

Why Australia's vaccination goal for re-opening could leave the most vulnerable behind https://www.sbs.com.au/news/why-australia-s-vaccination-goal-for-re-opening-could-leave-the-most-vulnerable-behind?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

Edited by hatcheckgirl

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

How about this?

Darth Vader | StarWars.com

The breath sound is because he had Covid before getting the armor...

Wait, I want COVID now :D

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

How about this?

Darth Vader | StarWars.com

Edited by Dages