JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Last week we ate lunch at pierogarnia and 2 police officers came to order some pierogi and like the rest of people were without masks. Post # 7707

One pierog (pierogi is plural) is a small semi-circular ‘dumpling’ made of dough and filled with a range of delicious ingredients. As a newcomer to Poland, this should be the first food you experience.

image.png.071d7f1babaa9e1d501da836455854d4.png

Edited by happiness IS

spacing

59 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Dr. John Campbell has an eye opening update on "The Delta Variant Pandemic".

He brings up an interesting difference in the symptoms of the post-vaccination infections:

08:42 Our data shows post-vaccination infections are much more like a cold than flu, with the top symptoms being: (Now this is important. This is really important data)

1. runny nose is the most common feature
2. headache is the second most common feature
3. sneezing is the third most common feature
4. sore throat is the fourth most common feature and
5. loss of smell is the fifth most common feature

So these pose vaccination infections are qualitatively different to the infections in the unvaccinated.

Edited by WilliamChew

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

So these pose vaccination infections are qualitatively different to the infections in the unvaccinated.

Which supports my theory that over time, as everyone has had an immune response to Covid-19, this will eventually become like the other 4 coronaviruses that have circulated among humans since time immemorial - resulting in just a cold. Unfortunately there is a lot of severe sickness and death to be had until we've reached that saturation point.

When those other 4 coronaviruses first emerged, they probably dealt the same devastating blow that Covid-19 has.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

From the co-creator of the AZ vaccine:

Professor Gilbert is confident we should not need regular booster shots to keep our immunity against COVID-19.

"There may be a first booster program, but I wouldn't expect it to happen every single year," she said.

"We're going to develop long-term immunity to this virus.

"I think that the most vulnerable, the oldest members of society, those who are immuno-compromised are going to need regular boosters. But for younger people, we normally see good maintenance of immune responses."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-07/astrazeneca-sarah-gilbert-says-clots-more-likely-from-covid-than/100440904

Basically I have all these symptoms for years and I still don't have the virus!! When a brother calls me up and ask if I have any of the symptoms I said yes and explain, he laughs.

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Basically I have all these symptoms for years and I still don't have the virus!! When a brother calls me up and ask if I have any of the symptoms I said yes and explain, he laughs.

Same here, all of the above and congested lungs. But for me it's allergies, especially this time of year. Lost my voice last 3 days! Oh well.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Good to see the UK having 83% fully vaccinated with 2 doses.

Also mask wearing and social distancing ingrained into people in the UK.

He predicts the UK should have the worse of the pandemic over by early next year.

Ironically its because of the infectiousness of the delta variant.

Dr. John Campbell - High quality epidemiology

2:16 Around four and five adults are fully vaccinated and we see who received one and two doses of covid vaccine in england 92% with one dose and 83% with 2 doses. So this is really picking up
quite nicely

3:04 Other people are taking levels of precautions you know as you go shopping you still see that most people are wearing masks.

And then people seem to have it ingrained so whereas at the start of this pandemic
you'd be in the supermarket and some would stand about two inches behind you breathing down your neck. Now that very rarely happens. The social distancing thing has become almost sort
of an accepted norm now.

17:30 I think that this autumn surge in the uk is probably going to be the last one that is my current view. This is going to be the last one. So i'm really hopeful we should be over the worst of this pandemic by early new year at least as far as the uk is concerned.

The united states is going to take quite a bit longer because of the low vaccination rates and of course other parts of the world like australia and new zealand i'm afraid it's just getting started as is the case for many poorer parts of the world as well where vaccination and immunity rates are
still very low.

Ironically, as a result of the delta variant, it could actually turn out that while
the delta variants doing a lot of damage it's also producing a massive amount of
immunity quickly.

12 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

From the co-creator of the AZ vaccine:

Professor Gilbert is confident we should not need regular booster shots to keep our immunity against COVID-19.

"There may be a first booster program, but I wouldn't expect it to happen every single year," she said.

"We're going to develop long-term immunity to this virus.

"I think that the most vulnerable, the oldest members of society, those who are immuno-compromised are going to need regular boosters. But for younger people, we normally see good maintenance of immune responses."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-07/astrazeneca-sarah-gilbert-says-clots-more-likely-from-covid-than/100440904

This makes sense. The other 4 coronaviruses that circulate among humans probably wreaked havoc when they first emerged also. Now they just cause the sniffles. Every one of us inherit some immunity and on top of that is infected as a child when our immune systems are robust. Then when we encounter it again throughout life it's just a cold. There is a very good chance that'll happen with the coronavirus that causes Covid-19. Eventually it will not cause Covid-19 anymore.

In the meantime, get vaccinated. It's proven safe and effective. Christians love vaccines.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yep take your pick .. eventually all people will be vaccinated

1)  by getting Covid 

2) by taking the vaccinations 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Sim, faça sua escolha ... eventualmente, todas as pessoas serão vacinadas

1) obtendo Covid 

2) tomando as vacinas 

I already had covid , and I already had my two doses of vaccine , between one or the other the experience of the vaccine is much better !

On 9/3/2021 at 7:28 PM, Lee49 said:

Then what happens to the ones " disobeying the law " ? Are they fined, jailed, or isolated in a hospital? It sounds like a good way to keep on top of covid, it just would never work here in the U.S., there would be major revolts with people screaming " we have rights " or " our rights are being violated " " privacy issues "!!! Not open to any agreement!

That's why Americans are dropping like flies over here.  This morning, we heard that my son's job foreman died of covid after two weeks suffering in hospital.  Fit, healthy, only 50, father of three teenage girls.  Serious anti-vaxxer, though...  :(  He is someone my son and our WT conductor informal witnessed to quite a lot over the years.  I guess they'll get another chance after the resurrection.

His wife is getting vaccinated now.

So, my 22 year old granddaughter ( not a JW ) is a food server at a well known restaurant in a nearby town, I asked her if she was vaccinated, she said no, I asked her friend who also is a server, she said no, I then asked if they wore mask while serving, NO! Then people wonder why there's such a spread of covid!

First Date Reaction GIF by GirlNightStand

Just been posted on social media by WHO

nobody is safe untill all are safe

for UN security is intimate with pandemic 

1F2DD9E0-4E2D-4EC7-ACAB-648A2E28B4DE.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zaW1wbGVjYXN0LmNvbS81NG5BR2NJbA/episode/ZTNiNjA5ZDUtYTI2Zi00Yjg3LTlmNmUtNTA3NDdkZDhjMDg4?hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwisuoOryfDyAhVnmuAKHRP-A18QieUEegQIEBAH&ep=6

Interview on The Daily podcast about the summer surge. Had some interesting comments on what they expected, what the numbers show now and Biden administration vs virologists on booster shots. 
Ignore the first minute or so as it’s an advertisement for some book. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Vaccination for children under 12.

Likely in October.

They younger you are the smaller the dosage.

WHEN WILL TRIALS BE COMPLETED?

A spokesperson from Pfizer and BioNTech said that data from 2,250 children between the ages of five and 11 years in its clinical trial is expected by the end of September. Emergency use authorisation will be sought from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in October.

HOW ARE VACCINES FOR CHILDREN DIFFERENT?

The doses are much smaller for children, said Professor Dale Fisher, senior consultant at the National University Hospital's (NUH) Division of Infectious Diseases.

The dose for children aged five to 11 is a third of the adult dose and for those younger than five, it is just one-tenth of the adult dose, he said. This is based on safety and efficacy findings in smaller early phase trials in this age group.

Clinical trial information published online shows that different dosages of 10mg to 30mg are being tested on different age groups for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. 

Currently, the trials extend to children as young as six months old. Data for children under five are expected after the trials for five to 11 year olds are submitted.

I was thinking all along after my 2 Moderna shots, that the younger ones from 0-8 and from 8-12 yrs old, could be given 1/3 to 1/2 the volume of the 2 dose regimen so they could have protection from Covid-19. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

22 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I was thinking all along after my 2 Moderna shots, that the younger ones from 0-8 and from 8-12 yrs old, could be given 1/3 to 1/2 the volume of the 2 dose regimen so they could have protection from Covid-19. 

Meh, kids aren't really affected by COVID...