JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Let's leave politics out of this now. There is no need to jump on the choice of analogy. 

The opinion being expressed was that vaccine riots will be bigger than any previous big riots.  

Any further discussion about politics or disagreement on the analogy made can be taken to pm or, preferably, dropped. 

3 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Yes, that was also a crazy display of lawlessness. But it was in one isolated area and only lasted that day.

The BLM craziness (probably better referred to as the George Floyd riots) went on for months and in several countries around the world. 

These situations will be ongoing (nevermind the pandemics).  The mentality of man today is more crazed then ever.  The governments have egged on this situation and the police are not willing to get involved in many areas of violence.  They don't have the backup anymore.

For these reasons and more, the GB will take a very close look at the violent situations that are now prevalent, pandemics, etc. 

Its not even safe to go door to door with the mindset people have in these last days.

People are more brazen and emboldened and care little if nothing at all about laws that exist but, not enforced.

The Devil is out and knows he has a short period of time.  The pandora is out of the box and who is going to put it back?  We are not going back to the days of almost 2 years ago.

Prophecies are happening very quickly.

White House officials said that OSHA, an agency in the Labor Department, would draft an “emergency temporary standard” over the next several weeks that requires companies to take certain actions.

Biden’s Authority to Mandate Vaccines Stems From Law Protecting Workers From ‘Grave Dangers’ https://nyti.ms/3A8NEM4

As the wording for the vaccine mandate to all businesses with more than 100 workers hasn't been written and distributed yet - we should wait until it has. Once written where it can be read and determine what exceptions are in it - there is no need to get too unduly worried. Although, you should know it is coming, but usually these OSHA requirements have specific exemptions. As it's to create a safe work space, I'm pretty confident it will exclude those who are not in "a work space" ie they work from home.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, runner92 said:

I'm going to start working on this. I'm not going to risk increasing my issues for a shot. This is crazy. 

I don't understand why a person working at home would be required to get a jab..My thought is that the requirement is meant to protect others in the workplace that you are around..maybe ask your employer..Also, if the requirement applies to ones working at home, is it  possible that enough people would quit their job that the total number of employees could shrink to less than 100? 😆

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, M.J. said:

Wny didn't they ask about getting a medical exemption. I know that doctors are doing this. 

They were planning to go that route but after they had a staff meeting they didn't like the environment they would be asked to come into even if it's 1 or 2 times a year considering we have immune compromised individuals in our home.    They also says they can't promise people will be wearing masks all the time and they can't mandate that contractor companies that share the same building also get the shot they just need to vouch for their employees.  Since people vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch and spread covid right now it's not a risk we can take.  All said, they had been planning to leave their job and work part time within a few years so as to spend more time in Jehovah's service.  This just makes it easier for them to make that decision.

Edited by lovjahupepl

40 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Got the numbers for Thursday, Friday, just for the Upper Peninsula. 😳

For just 2 days: 232 cases: Alger county up 7 to 372

Marquette shot up 78 to 4,602 

Delta county up 34 to 3,826

The Branch still has Michigan rated 2 out of 4…..for now.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Some police in Queensland, Australia, are legally challenging the mandate to be fully vaccinated by next year.

What they are saying:

They believe the mandate is inconsistent with "workplace rights" and "infringes upon our rights to freedom and informed consent to a medical procedure".  "It is a question of whether our employers, on behalf of the government, can authorise civil conscription and interfere with the relationship between a patient and their doctor by mandating a vaccine," the Gofundme page reads.

Why the Queensland Police Service (QPS) is mandating it:

"The QPS is mandating vaccinations for the entire workforce in all QPS workplaces within the next five months to protect employees, their families and the community from COVID-19," he said.

"The dynamic nature of policing means frontline officers interact with large volumes of people and move around to all corners of the state. It is important the Queensland community has confidence and feel safe when interacting with their police."

Whose rights are right?  No wonder this world is cooked!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-11/police-crowdfund-legal-challenge-to-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/100454368

Civil Service Minister Renato Brunetta said Friday that the Green Pass COVID-19 vaccine passport will be obligatory for all workers in Italy eventually.  "In the future it must be valid also for employment in the public and private sector".

The green certificate, which shows that someone is vaccinated for the coronavirus, has recovered from it or has recently tested negative, is necessary to do many things in Italy, such travel abroad or on high-speed trains, attend certain events and to be able to sit at a table inside bars and restaurants.
All school and higher education staff must have it, as well as university students.

So anyone who does not want to be vaccinated for COVID-19 but wants to do a wide range of activities is forced to regularly fork out to have coronavirus tests to obtain the Green Pass.

https://www.ansa.it/english/news/politics/2021/09/10/covid-19all-workers-will-need-green-pass-eventually-min_90ca7452-b9c0-4ee2-9f81-c1cafd975d57.html

No one really like to feel forced to do things. However, vaccines have already been forced in a way. Other vaccines are required during childhood to attend school.  I’m not sure but are vaccines required when traveling to certain countries?  What about other policies put in place by employers, such as dress and grooming guidelines, we have to comply with those for employment don’t we?  
All of what’s going on gets more bizarre by the day. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

33 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

What about other policies put in place by employers, such as dress and grooming guidelines, we have to comply with those for employment don’t we?  

There are many safety policies when working in the blue collar industries, you may have to wear a helmet, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, attend many safety classes and get certified in many areas, like lock out, robotics safety, fork truck safety all to provide not only yourself but those working around/with you. Also how to act or not act around the opposite sex, how not to discriminate on race, religion, color and those with disabilities! Any violation of policy could give one time off or you may just get walked off the job and terminated!

14 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

No one really like to feel forced to do things. However, vaccines have already been forced in a way. Other vaccines are required during childhood to attend school.  I’m not sure but are vaccines required when traveling to certain countries?  What about other policies put in place by employers, such as dress and grooming guidelines, we have to comply with those for employment don’t we?  
All of what’s going on gets more bizarre by the day. 

Exactly!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/11/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Not getting vaccinated against Covid-19 is like driving while intoxicated, one health expert says

"The vast minority of Americans are resistant to vaccination, but that's where the virus has been circulating," CNN Medical Analyst Jonathan Reiner told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday. "We live in a country that has rules. You can't smoke in most buildings in the United States, and you can't drive drunk. You can't smoke on planes. And you can't blow virus into my face.

Heart Smoking GIF by UnusualCooking

2 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/11/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Not getting vaccinated against Covid-19 is like driving while intoxicated, one health expert says

"The vast minority of Americans are resistant to vaccination, but that's where the virus has been circulating," CNN Medical Analyst Jonathan Reiner told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday. "We live in a country that has rules. You can't smoke in most buildings in the United States, and you can't drive drunk. You can't smoke on planes. And you can't blow virus into my face.

Heart Smoking GIF by UnusualCooking

I drink to this report.

I found this four minute read article to be quite informative.  

It discusses the Delta variant's effects on vaccinated versus non vaccinated

and whether or not vaccine boosters are the way to go...or not.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-variant-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-people-are-not-in-the-same-ballpark-in-terms-of-risk-141843308.html?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I found this four minute read article to be quite informative.  

It discusses the Delta variant's effects on vaccinated versus non vaccinated

and whether or not vaccine boosters are the way to go...or not.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-variant-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-people-are-not-in-the-same-ballpark-in-terms-of-risk-141843308.html?

Thank you. I think so too.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 9/12/2021 at 2:03 PM, JW2017 said:

Sad they had to quit and likely did not want to quit, but not selfish...the GB would never say anyone is selfish because they do not want the Covid shot.  They consistently tell us it's a personal choice.  Saying someone is selfish for not taking the Covid shot is part of the worldly narrative.

6 minutes ago, Nancy M said:

Sad they had to quit and likely did not want to quit, but not selfish...the GB would never say anyone is selfish because they do not want the Covid shot.  They consistently tell us it's a personal choice.  Saying someone is selfish for not taking the Covid shot is part of the worldly narrative.

It seems clear, however, that they did not want to keep their jobs badly enough to ensure they'd be less likely to infect newborns with Covid.  Whether that's a "selfish" choice or not is up for opinion... but I'm happy they will not be around new babies and their mothers anymore.