JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

That sounds reasonable, but were these kids really inside all summer? Everything seemed to open up this spring.  Plenty of outdoor summer events happened.  

I just can't comprehend these kids were still locked down like they were in 2020

I'm just going by what I see in my area and neighborhood. Most kids were never seen. Not in the backyards and not even walking their dogs. And this neighborhood is full of kids. 

5 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Did you watch the President’s speech today like I did. He verbally said this.

No big deal. Obey the superior authorities when they mandate things that have no scriptural objection. This means you willingly submit to any mandatory tests, mandatory vaccines, and wear your mandatory mask. Since none of these things violate the law of the Christ, a true Christian will happily submit to these things.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

5 hours ago, zoebarry said:

OR submit to weekly testing to produce a negative test.  THERE IS A CHOICE STILL IN PLACE.

How am I supposed to submit weekly testing when I work from my house? Am I really going to have to take the shot to work in my house? I never even see anyone. I don't even have a building to go to. I'm very sad right now. I already have nerve issues, and exacerbating them has been one of my main concerns with this shot.

Edited by runner92

57 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

No big deal. Obey the superior authorities when they mandate things that have no scriptural objection. This means you willingly submit to any mandatory tests, mandatory vaccines, and wear your mandatory mask. Since none of these things violate the law of the Christ, a true Christian will happily submit to these things.

Can we still be a true christian if we refuse out of fear? The job I was trying to get was federal, I'll just say bye dreams and not get it, with the mandate now a thing. That's refusal but just accepting the consequence.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I was told by a pioneer sister whose husband is an elder that they know an unvaccinated couple (The husband is an elder) who applied for one of our organization's building projects and they were rejected because they are not vaccinated.

Edited by JW2017

1 hour ago, JW2017 said:

I was told by a pioneer sister whose husband is an elder that they know an unvaccinated couple (The husband is an elder) who applied for one of our organization's building projects and they were rejected because they are not vaccinated.

Yes, vaccinations are required to work on building projects 

7 hours ago, runner92 said:

How am I supposed to submit weekly testing when I work from my house? Am I really going to have to take the shot to work in my house? 

Does the executive order apply to you or individuals like you that work from home? 

7 hours ago, Nirex said:

Can we still be a true christian if we refuse out of fear? The job I was trying to get was federal, I'll just say bye dreams and not get it, with the mandate now a thing. That's refusal but just accepting the consequence.

You just cannot claim you are refusing in religious grounds. 

Seat belt laws, speeding and other traffic laws...  these are laws a Christian should obey but a Witness is not automatically in trouble with the elders if they get a speeding ticket. 

Edited by Shawnster

49 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Does the executive order apply to you or individuals like you that work from home? 

You just cannot claim you are refusing in religious grounds. 

Seat belt laws, speeding and other traffic laws...  these are laws a Christian should obey but a Witness is not automatically in trouble with the elders if they get a speeding ticket. 

I work for a company that employs more than 100 people, so I feel that eventually they're going to force us regardless. 

8 hours ago, runner92 said:

How am I supposed to submit weekly testing when I work from my house? Am I really going to have to take the shot to work in my house? I never even see anyone. I don't even have a building to go to. I'm very sad right now. I already have nerve issues, and exacerbating them has been one of my main concerns with this shot.

Hi Gabby ~ Jehovah knows your health  situation..I will pray that he helps you know who to ask to get answers to your questions. Perhaps your doctor can advise you. Google what the manufacturers say as far as who should not be vaccinated regarding allergy to an ingredient in their vaccine or other previous reactions to vaccines. There may be a government  phone number you can call to learn more. Also..maybe your group overseer can help. The President said home test kits will be made available at Walmart and other pharmacies at cost. Some friends may not understand the health situations other friends suffer from that raise their risk of one or more serious reactions to vaccines. I want you to know I understand, and others do as well..and of course Jehovah does! Hugs!  Elizabeth

Edited by SUNRAY

deletion

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

8 hours ago, Nirex said:

So yes, because it might only be mandatory for employment but you don't have to legally accept the vaccine, you can refuse and accept the consequences.

But if it became legally required by law, there is no good reason to refuse because as Jehovah's Witnesses we have no religious objection to vaccines. In fact, they're are completely safe and beneficial and the governing body is clearly in favor of three brothers and sisters getting them.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Shannie said:

Why single out BLM ? 
Any RIOT by any race of people will pale in comparison… don’t just single them out one race of people…  … 😒 

Because the BLM riots are the most recent, and we're the largest display of lawlessness most of us have ever witnessed. 

Referencing a recent riot has nothing to do with race. 

4 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I don't understand what you mean.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Why single out BLM ? 
Any RIOT by any race of people will pale in comparison… don’t just single them out one race of people…  … 😒 

24 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Because the BLM riots are the most recent, and we're the largest display of lawlessness most of us have ever witnessed. 

Plus, most previous riots paled in comparison to the BLM riots.  So, by definition, BLM riots are the big boy.

34 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The problem is where do we get the news from? One of the biggest riots I know that happened was on January 6, 2021 in Washington DC.

Here is another problem what I just read last week about massacres that happened in the USA in the past 300 or 400 years and that is a massacre is massacre only it is reported by the media. And report on massacres that is pass on by families or natives in which it is true is wipe out.

Edited by Dustparticle

Why single out BLM ? 

The only reason I mentioned it is because this was the most recent example that I know of where things got wild because people were upset. 

The other reason this was the first thing that came to mind is that I was personally affected by it. I own a business in the middle of a city where stuff was going on. I even had people run in my store and steal right out in the open, just daring us to call the police. One of my employees was physically harmed and needed stitches from being cut with a broken bottle. We are actually fortunate this was all that happened- some businesses were burnt straight to the ground. 

We actually did end up calling the police, but they refused to come. They were only willing to get involved with life or death situations, so this added to the fear that we experienced for weeks on end. 

It's likely that this will always come to mind first because I'm still traumatized, not for any other reason. The thought of authorities forcing people to take this vaccine really scares me because I already can imagine what will happen. 

So anyway, sorry everyone for the long digression. And I'm also sorry if I offended anyone with my example. 

Back to our regularly scheduled thread. 😊

3 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

One of the biggest riots I know that happened was on January 6, 2021 in Washington DC.

Yes, that was also a crazy display of lawlessness. But it was in one isolated area and only lasted that day.

The BLM craziness (probably better referred to as the George Floyd riots) went on for months and in several countries around the world. 

1 minute ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Yes, that was also a crazy display of lawlessness. But it was in one isolated area and only lasted that day.

The BLM craziness (probably better referred to as the George Floyd riots) went on for months and in several countries around the world. 

I understand what you are saying and it is true it happened worldwide. What it is sad new events in USA can overshadow what is going worldwide. Screw up world!!

3 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What it is sad new events in USA can overshadow what is going worldwide. Screw up world!!

I think that's because we live here. It's probably no different for a country like France.. I think there was something going on over there recently, but of course they would know more about that because they live there. 

This is a screwed up world and we all are waiting for Jehovah to fix it. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but people (of all races) seem to be crazier and more aggressive than ever these days. 

11 minutes ago, Saffron said:

This is a screwed up world and we all are waiting for Jehovah to fix it. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but people (of all races) seem to be crazier and more aggressive than ever these days. 

It is certainly very evident here, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.   

I drive the posted speed limit.  

People behind me will pass on curves, hills, oncoming traffic.

I almost half expect to get shot by one of these insane speed demons some day,

just for forcing them to drive the legal limit for a few brief moments. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Forgot to add that Dr. John Campbell attributes a country's high numbers of Covid hospitalizations and deaths 

more to BAD BEHAVIOR,  than anything other factor.

He claims that, even in countries with low vaccination rates, the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are lower

because their citizens are continuing to practice social distancing, mask wearing and hand washing.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 hours ago, runner92 said:

This situation is evident that man can't direct his own steps.  They make blanketed decisions without considering different situations.  I have a relative that lives with me that is in a similar situation.  Work from home, do all meetings via video conferences.  Would never need to go into office except 2 times a year and those meetings could be held via video conferencing yet they decided to mandate the shot.  The person has an allergy to 2 ingredients in all 3 shots.  In staff meeting it was asked if there is injury will you be responsible, company said you because you are not being force you have a choice and you choose to work here.  Fortunately they are in a good financial state to take a job loss.  Sure it will mean adjustments in household but we are already pretty frugal.  I know not everyone is able to do this.  I do pray for you and others that are in the midst of this worldly battle.  You are doing everything right, wearing mask, social distancing, washing hands, etc. yet caught in the middle of a political back and forth push.  I do not see not taking the shot as fighting against the government.  Everyone knows their own body and situation.   However, if we were to take part i protests, join campaigns against vaccines, refusing to wear masks in public, practic social distancing, etc. then that would be going against the government.  Right now it may seem it's an attack only on people "unvaccinated" but this will soon extend over to those that are vaccinated they just don't see it yet.  Consider it training for when the major test comes and we all have to take the side of Jehovah and pure worship.

Edited by lovjahupepl