JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

That graphic is actually incomplete as it's missing Omega

If you look at it on the website it is complete. It obviously just has the bottom cut off in the shared

image. I noticed that and checked it out online myself 🙂GreekAlphabet.jpg.bd23e089986d5a1d7664d26a430a366c.jpg

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

38 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

Sorry, I cut off the last alphabet because I thought everyone will know that the last letter is omega. 

Rev 1:8 “I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God

We all know what the last letter.  I wanted to make sure that the person who shared the chart did. 😁

Ok, is that pronounced "O mega" or "O my God"? Sorry, couldn't resist. Also, do any of you remember a Doctor Who episode that had a bad guy with that same name? I'll have to start a different topic in a different forum.

Sorry Richard for the off topic post :wink:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Because the graphic I shared wasn't the exact same image, even though it was the same information? 

Not at all, Shawn. I said I checked the chart Ying Ching shared because it was cut off at the bottom and I wanted to make sure the person who had written that chart knew what the last letter was. (I wrote 'shared' when I should have said 'written' in that comment). I'm really sorry you thought it was directed at you. 💜 It wasn't meant to be a serious comment and I will try to make sure my comments are less ambiguous and will double proof read in the future.

I like the chart she shared because I am not familiar with Greek and it gave the pronunciation of the letters, so I went and found it online and saved myself a copy. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sydney-churchgoers-fined-30-000-ahead-of-new-curfew

NSW Police have issued thirty-one fines after a crowd attended a church service in the hotspot area of Blacktown in Sydney's west on Sunday night.

Police went to Christ Embassy Sydney church around 7.30pm on Sunday after being tipped off about a gathering in breach of public health orders.

They found a group of about 60 adults and children inside the Fourth Avenue building, participating in a sermon.

Police say there was no QR code at the entrance and some of the congregation came from other COVID-19 hot-spot local government areas, including Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield and Liverpool.

Thirty adults were fined $1000 each and the church was issued a $5000 penalty.

(They are supposed to be in "lockdown" 😇)

“Regardless of whether it is a soccer match, a church service. It doesn't matter. You cannot gather as they did,” Deputy Police Commissioner Gary Worboys said.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nsw-records-818-new-covid-19-cases-and-three-deaths-as-new-restrictions-begin?cid=sbsnews:edm:acnewspm:relation:news:na:na&did=DM2771&dlbl=[2021/08/23] del_newspm_bau

National COVID plan “puts too many lives at risk”: modelling

Australia’s National Plan to relax COVID-19 restrictions (in which we open up at 70 - 80%), puts too many lives at risk and could hamper thousands more Australians with ongoing illness, according to new modelling from researchers.

The researchers argue that at least 90 per cent of all Australians, including children, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 before fully relaxing public health measures and opening the international border.

“We found substantial morbidity and mortality is likely to occur if the Australian Government sticks to the National Plan".

“Our modelling shows if 70 per cent of Australians over 16 years of age are fully vaccinated, with a 95 per cent vaccination level for those aged 60 years and over, there could eventually be some 6.9 million symptomatic COVID-19 cases, 154,000 hospitalisations, and 29,000 fatalities.

“And assuming 80 per cent vaccination coverage for only those over 16, as per the National  Plan, there could be approximately 25,000 fatalities and some 270,000 cases of long COVID.

“In contrast, and if children are also fully vaccinated, national fatalities – for all age groups – would be reduced to 19,000 with 80 per cent adult vaccination coverage. This would fall to 10,000 at a 90 per cent adult vaccination coverage.

https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/expert-reaction-modelling-predicts-80-adult-covid-19-vaccination-wont-be-enough

And NSW Chief Health Officer warns masks may be needed for years to come....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-24/masks-and-contact-tracing-still-needed-at-80pc-vaccination/100403058

Edit: the confusion of the many "experts" is not helping.  Now another "expert" is saying: "The modelling by the experienced Doherty team (which the Australian govt is following), and the calculations presented by Hyde and colleagues today, use very different methods and make very different assumptions. The Doherty example formally models both viral transmission in the Australian population, likelihoods of disease and health systems capacities."  😩

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-24/covid-live-updates-press-conference-nsw-victoria-queensland/100400652?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web#live-blog-post-1203100771

Only Jehovah is very clear on the path out.

12 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Edit: the confusion of the many "experts" is not helping.  Now another "expert" is saying: "The modelling by the experienced Doherty team (which the Australian govt is following), and the calculations presented by Hyde and colleagues today, use very different methods and make very different assumptions. The Doherty example formally models both viral transmission in the Australian population, likelihoods of disease and health systems capacities."  😩

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-24/covid-live-updates-press-conference-nsw-victoria-queensland/100400652?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web#live-blog-post-1203100771

Only Jehovah is very clear on the path out.

And here's a third one!! 🙄

I was listening to a Craig somebody (a polly, I think) discussing this earlier today on the radio and he was saying that the Doherty model is inaccurate and there are a number of doctors in various countries having success with anit-viral drugs,  losing very few people and that the vaccination isn't the way out. Israel was the volunteer testing country for the Pfizer vaccine and they have got pretty much the whole country vaccinated - and the Delta variant is alive and doing very well there. It seems the Moderna vaccine is more effective than the Pfizer against the Delta varient. Some of what he was saying made quite a lot of sense but was being strongly vetoed by the talk-back host he was talking to.

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

It seems the Moderna vaccine is more effective than the Pfizer

Because it’s more stable 

Pfizer vaccine requires very low temperature to be stable 

experts say it has a spoilage percentage of 5 to 10 %
you may take a spoiled useless Pfizer jab without knowing 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

55 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Because it’s more stable 

I'm glad the Moderna is stable. 

I wish that be said of me. :bringiton:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

15 hours ago, Sofia said:

Because it’s more stable 

That isn't really relevant in this conversation. The point made was that the Moderna vaccine is more effective against the Delta varient, regardless of its overall stability or the Pfizer vaccine's instability. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

2 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

That isn't relevant in this conversation. The point made was that the Moderna vaccine is more effective against the Delta varient, regardless of its overall stability or the Pfizer vaccine's instability. 

I'd like to see a breakdown of those vaccinated who still contract covid as to which vaccine they received 

21 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I'd like to see a breakdown of those vaccinated who still contract covid as to which vaccine they received 

If you have a look at my previous comment you will get the answer. However, neither vaccine is as effective against Delta as against previous variants. I think they'll be searching for the most effective vaccine for some time to come.

Edited by GeordieGirl

18 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Israel was the volunteer testing country for the Pfizer vaccine and they have got pretty much the whole country vaccinated - and the Delta variant is alive and doing very well there.

According to the NY Times Israel is at about 65% vaccinated https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

Reuters reports 71% https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/israel/

Haaretz (whatever that is) reports 78%.  

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-vaccine-data-how-many-have-already-been-inoculated-for-covid-1.9626604

24 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

If you have a look at my previous comment you will get the answer. However, neither vaccine is as effective against Delta as against previous variants. I think they'll be searching for the most effective vaccine for some time to come.

Sorry, I was looking for a breakdown by numbers for each vaccine manufacturer.  I didn't see anything on that. Sorry if I missed your link. 

Edited by Shawnster

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Sorry, I was looking for a breakdown by numbers for each vaccine manufacturer.  I didn't see anything on that. Sorry if I missed your link. 

Sorry Shawn, I misunderstood. I would be interested in that to.  Do you think they will allow us such information? I suspect they like to keep alot up their respective sleeves and only let us think we are being informed. 

18 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Do you think they will allow us such information?

I would not be surprised if it wasn't being recorded. My wife, though, thinks otherwise.  The data is out there and really can't be hidden if an agency really wants to find it. 

I mean, really, all you gotta do is ask a vaccinated person who contracted covid what vaccine they received. 

Edited by Shawnster

15 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Sorry for the interruption but are we stuck in the pattern of 

making vaccines > more variants are made that can’t be cured by the vaccines> make new vacciens> new variants come out

Seems like a possible scenario at this point in time. 🙄

At least we have knowledge of why, and a vision and hope for the way out of all the many awful scenarios that are happening around the world at the moment, including the ongoing covid variant situation. So many must have felt secure and  confident because they'd had their 2 vaccines, only to find that it wasn't so.

I feel so sorry for all the worldly people who must be so confused by what is going on right now. Let us hope and pray that at least some of them will listen / read our letters and want to know more, while there is still time.

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/

👉😎👉

Its based on preprints so take it with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Sorry for the interruption but are we stuck in the pattern of 

making vaccines > more variants are made that can’t be cured by the vaccines> make new vacciens> new variants come out

Ah yes the lovely flu 😒. Its why people get flu shots every year.

On 8/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sydney-churchgoers-fined-30-000-ahead-of-new-curfew

NSW Police have issued thirty-one fines after a crowd attended a church service in the hotspot area of Blacktown in Sydney's west on Sunday night.

Police went to Christ Embassy Sydney church around 7.30pm on Sunday after being tipped off about a gathering in breach of public health orders.

They found a group of about 60 adults and children inside the Fourth Avenue building, participating in a sermon.

Police say there was no QR code at the entrance and some of the congregation came from other COVID-19 hot-spot local government areas, including Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield and Liverpool.

Thirty adults were fined $1000 each and the church was issued a $5000 penalty.

(They are supposed to be in "lockdown" 😇)

“Regardless of whether it is a soccer match, a church service. It doesn't matter. You cannot gather as they did,” Deputy Police Commissioner Gary Worboys said.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nsw-records-818-new-covid-19-cases-and-three-deaths-as-new-restrictions-begin?cid=sbsnews:edm:acnewspm:relation:news:na:na&did=DM2771&dlbl=[2021/08/23] del_newspm_bau

Here's an interesting addition to this story that just popped up in my news: 

Pastor Marvin Osaghae made several strong claims during the sermon.

“We declare the lockdowns are over … in the name of Jesus … lockdowns are over in the cities of NSW,” he told the congregation.

Minutes before, Mr Osaghae said: “Businesses are returning to normal, every park is coming back alive, the streets are coming back alive … in the name of Jesus, we refuse every lockdown.”

Mr Osaghae also declared, “Peace returns to Afghanistan”, apparently in relation to the Taliban takeover of that nation.

The pastor of the church - a local branch of LoveWorld Incorporated, also known as Christ Embassy - was also given a prohibition notice, banning him from holding any services for seven days.

The global leader of the Christ Embassy church has claimed COVID-19 vaccines alter people’s DNA and has been sanctioned twice in six months in Britain for pedalling misinformation about the virus.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/coronavirus/sydney-churchgoers-fined-again-over-sermon-c-3776280?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2021-8-25&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email

It amazes me that people actually believe this stuff but with satan blinding their minds I guess it isn't surprising. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

6 hours ago, Shawnster said:

There is a link in this thread that seems to suggest there is a limit to how long a person is protected by being vaccinated. The protection reduces as the months go by apparently. It mentions differences between some of the vaccines. 

Like many studies though, is it fully accurate. We will see. 

Edited by Mykyl