JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

Do you know how many other cases there are in all of the nursing homes in your area or are they only reporting breakthrough cases?

They report all infected cases and never this many breakthrough infection in just one nursing home..if I understood your question right

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/08/11/covid-19-church-holds-vaccine-event-after-6-members-die-10-days/8094603002/

Florida church vaccinates hundreds after 6 members die from COVID-19 in 10 days

Six members of a Florida church died from COVID-19 within 10 days.

Now, Impact Church in Jacksonville has vaccinated more than 1,000 people in the community and is looking to calm congregants’ fears about coronavirus vaccines.  

George Davis, a senior pastor at the nondenominal church, confirmed to USA TODAY that the church lost the six members over a 10-day span and that four of those who died were under 35.

Davis said another male member of the church died from COVID-19 just days ago. Everyone who died was unvaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

I am telling the friends to store up. Delta is a lot worse than COVID - 19.  Here is more news. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/mississippi-health-official-says-state-will-see-a-lot-of-covid-deaths-in-coming-days/ar-AANdlay?li=BBnb7Kz

Delta is Covid-19

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Jonadab said:

Perhaps she meant that covid 19's Delta Variant is much worse than Wuhan's "original" covid 19

'She' is a 'he' and I do not doubt that is what was meant, just not what was said. We have enough confusion on the topic. We do not need to fear a new disease. Delta is not a new disease, just emphasizes the need to be super cautious on Covid-19.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

SARS-CoV-2 infection induces polyfunctional memory T cells detectable at 12-months post-infection, with higher frequency noted in those who originally experienced severe disease.”

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.11.455984v1

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It's becoming clear that if we want Covid vaccines to block spread of the virus, we'll probably need nasally administered vaccines. Is that doable? Should that be a goal when the current vaccines are doing such a great job protecting lungs?

https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/10/covid-intranasal-vaccines/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I am telling the friends to store up. Delta is a lot worse than COVID - 19.  Here is more news. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/mississippi-health-official-says-state-will-see-a-lot-of-covid-deaths-in-coming-days/ar-AANdlay?li=BBnb7Kz

Dear brother Glen 

it’s the same virus:

sars cov 2 

delta is just a variant from sars cov 2 with a few minor changes at genomic sequence

The disease is caused by this virus (no matter which variants) and it’s called COVID-19 

🤗🤗🤗

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Dear brother Glen 

it’s the same virus:

sars cov 2 

delta is just a variant from sars cov 2 with a few minor changes at genomic sequence

The disease is caused by this virus (no matter which variants) and it’s called COVID-19 

🤗🤗🤗

Yes, I know that. What I mean is Delta is worse. My sister is a nurse down south of me and she is telling me that this is worse. About two weeks from now, our are is going to get hit.

57 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Yes, I know that. What I mean is Delta is worse. My sister is a nurse down south of me and she is telling me that this is worse. About two weeks from now, our are is going to get hit.

Wow now NYC is mandating businesses to refuse service to unvaccinated people:

https://nypost.com/2021/08/03/nyc-to-mandate-proof-of-vaccination-for-many-indoor-settings/amp/

I always wonder how things like this impact the local brothers and sisters who are merely exercising their human rights to not get vaccinated. 

It seems that for them to partake in normal society, they would be forced to chose between violating their conscious just to eat at a restaurant and partake in normal life. 

I can see something like this hitting the Supreme Court in short order. 

It is not a human right, though. If the authorities ask us to be vaccinated, we obey. We do not shout “human rights” or “but the constitution,” or whatever we have where we live. Remaining unvaccinated might come with a price. In some countries, unvaccinated people will start to have to pay for their covid tests.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 8/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, Bob said:

I always wonder how things like this impact the local brothers and sisters who are merely exercising their human rights to not get vaccinated. 

5 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It is not a human right, though. 

Actually, the Bible does not say "obey the superior authorities unless they violate human rights."  The Bible says "obey the superior authorities unless they violate God's commands."  Throughout history faithful servants of Jehovah have obeyed laws that violate human rights because they were obedient to Jehovah's command to be in subjection to the superior authorities.  

Making people live in ghettos, wear Stars of David or Purple Triangles, prohibiting them from certain employment or activities, and forcing them to go to concentration camps were violations of human rights.  Jehovah's Witnesses complied with all of these.  In fact, given the choice of renouncing their faith or staying in a concentration camp or even being put to death, Jehovah's Witnesses chose imprisonment or death.  Think about that.  They were given a choice and they chose to have their human rights violated because it meant obedience to Jehovah and the superior authorities.  They didn't resist imprisonment.  They didn't stage a break out.  They didn't fight their oppressors.  

During the height of segregation both in the United States and other countries Jehovah's Witnesses complied with those laws despite the fact that segregation laws are, really, violations of human rights.  In the United States we had "black only" Kingdom Halls.  A Watchtower article pointed out that South African conventions obeyed the seating segregation of blacks and whites.  

Russia today violates the human rights of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Are we fighting the Russian government?  Do Jehovah's Witnesses disobey the Russian government and resist these human rights violations?  No.  We disobey their commands to stop preaching and worshipping Jehovah because that is a Bible command.  However, we comply with all the human rights violations that do not go against Jehovah's commands.

Human rights aren't mentioned in the Bible.  We obey Jehovah's instructions found in the Bible.  Onesimus was a slave and slavery is a violation of human rights yet Paul told Onesimus to return to his master, Philemon.  Paul didn't tell Onesimus to run and fight for his right to be a free man.

Heard the other day that one of my older sons (29) his other half and two of my very young grandsons have all been confirmed with Covid last Saturday. He as well as his partner are both getting more ill each day that goes by. 
Temperature, nausea, headache, cough and now finding it harder to breath.
He was due his second jab last Thursday but instead had to be tested due to to feeling ill. Hoping the one jab will be enough to help.
Today he has lost his taste and sense of smell. That’s 7 or 8 days so far and no improvement.
My youngest grandson was hospitalised with another virus that affected his breathing a month or so ago and was very ill. Hoping he will be ok with this so soon after that. 

So if you are getting vaccinated don’t put it off. The sooner the better.

40 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

My youngest grandson was hospitalised with another virus that affected his breathing a month or so ago and was very ill.

May I ask do you know what that virus was called?  A friend has a nephew in the hospital and they are saying it’s not Covid. But it’s also a respiratory issue. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Actually, the Bible does not say "obey the superior authorities unless they violate human rights."  The Bible says "obey the superior authorities unless they violate God's commands."  Throughout history faithful servants of Jehovah have obeyed laws that violate human rights because they were obedient to Jehovah's command to be in subjection to the superior authorities.  

Making people live in ghettos, wear Stars of David or Purple Triangles, prohibiting them from certain employment or activities, and forcing them to go to concentration camps were violations of human rights.  Jehovah's Witnesses complied with all of these.  In fact, given the choice of renouncing their faith or staying in a concentration camp or even being put to death, Jehovah's Witnesses chose imprisonment or death.  Think about that.  They were given a choice and they chose to have their human rights violated because it meant obedience to Jehovah and the superior authorities.  They didn't resist imprisonment.  They didn't stage a break out.  They didn't fight their oppressors.  

During the height of segregation both in the United States and other countries Jehovah's Witnesses complied with those laws despite the fact that segregation laws are, really, violations of human rights.  In the United States we had "black only" Kingdom Halls.  A Watchtower article pointed out that South African conventions obeyed the seating segregation of blacks and whites.  

Russia today violates the human rights of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Are we fighting the Russian government?  Do Jehovah's Witnesses disobey the Russian government and resist these human rights violations?  No.  We disobey their commands to stop preaching and worshipping Jehovah because that is a Bible command.  However, we comply with all the human rights violations that do not go against Jehovah's commands.

Human rights aren't mentioned in the Bible.  We obey Jehovah's instructions found in the Bible.  Onesimus was a slave and slavery is a violation of human rights yet Paul told Onesimus to return to his master, Philemon.  Paul didn't tell Onesimus to run and fight for his right to be a free man.

Well, I was under the impression that you didn’t want to go any further on this topic because we are not here to argue and debate based on encouragement from the convention.

I am actually with you on that. 

13 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Touche

You’re good man. I am for all those sort of discussions, in depth, but those are perhaps better suited in private!

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It is not a human right, though. If the authorities ask us to be vaccinated, we obey. We do not shout “human rights” or “but the constitution,” or whatever we have where we live. Remaining unvaccinated might come with a price. In some countries, unvaccinated people will start to have to pay for their covid tests.

We will agree to disagree here. 

All

I cannot find my post on another discussion. Just in case I die. Dump my body in the chocolate river at the Willy Wanka's Chocolate Factory. Make sure my body is lying flat down so I can take in more chocolate. . Hopefully no Oompa Loompa doesn't hop on my back and use me as a raft.

The life I go through while I'm dead!!!!

6 hours ago, BLEmom said:

May I ask do you know what that virus was called?  A friend has a nephew in the hospital and they are saying it’s not Covid. But it’s also a respiratory issue. 

Dont forget: Diagnostic tests for Sars Cov 2 are not good. Some dont even recognize new variants. PCR tests will be discontinued because of lack of acurancy. Soon only antigen tests will be done. So bear in mind... some false negative can happen :( :(

A brother whose family all caught COVID  persistely tested negative, until almost died. He only had a positive test when he was almost dead. 

Edited by Sofia