JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I did dream a little funny after my Moderna though! 

😁:bouncing:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/us/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-covid/index.html

No helmets, no mask, what could go wrong? 🤪

South Dakota's Sturgis motorcycle rally: A 'cautionary tale' in the age of Covid-19

"Too much of a risk," Van Balen, 42, said of the rally, which was attended by 460,000 people in 2020 in what infectious disease experts likened to "a superspreading event."
An even larger crowd from around the country is expected for this year's 10-day event -- starting Friday -- as concerns mount over the highly contagious Delta variant.

2 hours ago, On the huh said:

Get those white robes on!

"These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb"

My mom said don't worry about going out and getting a robe - those are actually hospital gowns. Soon we'll all be wearing one and then boom into the new world!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

7 hours ago, AH173 said:

Ha. 

As governing body members have said in the past :

Cheer up, it's going to get worse. 

Bro Morris 

gileade talk 

remember it so well 😂

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It’s sad when a person disses (disrespects) the Delta

Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus

A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID.

Dickinson City Council member and State Republican Executive Committee member H. Scott Apley, 45, died in a local hospital around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to a GoFundMe page set up to help Apley’s family with expenses. He was admitted to the facility in Galveston on Sunday with “pneumonia-like symptoms,” and was hooked up to a ventilator as his condition worsened. His wife was also infected, the family said.

“He leaves behind his wife, Melissa, who is COVID positive, as well as their infant son Reid,” according to the fundraiser, which has so far raised almost $15,000 of its $30,000 goal. “Your donations are greatly appreciated and will help the family as they get through this difficult period.”

“My heart is beyond broken for his family,” Dickinson Mayor Sean Skipworth wrote in a Facebook post. “Scott was a new father and that makes this loss especially tragic.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scott-apley-chair-of-galveston-county-texas-gop-mocked-covid-days-before-he-died-of-virus

The site that used to have the COVID numbers on a daily basis for Michigan, now only has them Tuesday & Friday.

For the Upper Peninsula the numbers rose by 80. 😳

Thankfully Alger county hasn’t risen in weeks. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Australia has been able to deal with previous covid outbreaks and eliminate it.  Now with delta things have changed:

Is it possible that we're still trying to reach "zero-COVID"? That target seems to have morphed slowly and reluctantly into "living with COVID", though what that actually means is also unclear.

So, (Professor) Blakely went on, "it is a different ball park ... what we've got to try to do outside of NSW is get on top of this and try and deal with any other outbreaks and get through to October, November when the vaccine coverage is high enough to at least relax at that point.

"It's going to be a challenging couple of months, unfortunately, for most of Australia."

What it seems to boil down to is that, with 70 or 80 per cent of the population vaccinated — or whatever other large number you choose — we are aiming for a position where our hospitals are not overwhelmed, the economy is semi-functional, and the infectiousness of most of the population is reduced, but not eliminated, to a point where new contagions are more manageable.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-07/covid-crisis-australia-someone-needs-to-grab-hold-the-hose/100356994

And since Australia is far far behind in vaccinations, we are just like sitting ducks while we wait.  In a few more months, the situation will have changed again - I'm hearing what you are all saying about the increase of cases despite the vaccination.  The plan may have started out with good goals, but they are not achievable if vaccination isn't keeping pace.

The latest percentages of age groups in ICU in Sydney hospitals:

Out of 58 patients in ICU

20s.   8.6%

30s.  12%

40s.   6.8%

50s.  29.3%

60s.  12%

70s.  25%

80s.  5.2%

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nsw-has-recorded-262-new-locally-acquired-covid-19-cases-and-another-death

Edited by hatcheckgirl

10 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I study coronavirus for years and I don’t think that will ever happen 

let’s live like mat6:34 🤗

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Time will tell with that scientific study.

Being about Jehovah's business is key.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/08/us/florida-church-covid-deaths-vaccination-clinic-trnd/index.html

This is why we are thankful for the slaves direction!

In just two weeks, six members of a Florida church died from Covid-19. All were unvaccinated, their pastor said.

Now the church is hosting a vaccination clinic.

Pastor George Davis at Impact Church in Jacksonville addressed members during Sunday’s service and said the past week had been very difficult.

“These are actual people that I know, that I have pastored. One 24-year-old kid, I’ve known him since he was a toddler.”

He added that 15-20 church members were in the hospital battling Covid and around 10 members were at home with the virus. Davis told WJXT that he is certain the members didn’t contract the virus at the church.

Oh boy!

2 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/08/us/florida-church-covid-deaths-vaccination-clinic-trnd/index.html

he is certain the members didn’t contract the virus at the church.

Oh boy!

🙄 righhht

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

16 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

There were 34 cases of breakthrough infections (those who got vaccinated twice) in one nursing hospital in my town in Korea.

Do you know how many other cases there are in all of the nursing homes in your area or are they only reporting breakthrough cases?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

In my area - Florida - nursing homes are prolific with the virus - it tends to run rampant - once one person gets it 20, 30, 40+ people get infected

group homes are just as bad

Branch released some instructions for SFTS - those vaccinated can have some recreation/vacation

it included quite a few restrictions

eat only in restaurants with outside Dining

avoid all close quarters and enclosed places like amusement parks, museums etc

association with those vaccinated - avoid associating with unvaccinated - even family members

avoid locations if unvaccinated may be present ( brother had to decline a BBQ with a few families since some were unvaccinated)….this made me think a little harder…..

they told us today ….the list of restrictions was rather extensive

but for those needing to visit aged family members it was a blessing to be able to go