JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Because I work in several schools, the best that I can do is wear good masks, minimize direct contact, keep and use a good supply of sanitizer, and encourage the students to do the same. Despite the attitudes of many people, life is worth keeping, IMHO.  I wonder if this fall will be like spring of 2020  😞

Festival-goers have reported testing positive for Covid-19 after heading to Latitude, a music festival held every year in Suffolk, England.  The festival, attended by 40,000 people, went ahead at full capacity between July 22 and 25 as part of the latest phase of the government's event research programme.  Attendees needed a negative lateral flow test or proof they'd been double-jabbed.  But despite precautions, some have since reported positive PCR tests since the festival wrapped up on Sunday.

20 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Physical protection is what I meant by divine protection.  

When i was younger - Br Frantz was in his 80’s and 90’s - he still wanted to give talks - including riding the subway to local congregations and giving talks …..

a few Bethelites - usually larger physical specimen brothers - were assigned to him

they accompanied him - on the subway - to go give a talk

we affectionately referred to them as his bodyguards….. they were a physical security and deterrent to maybe someone wanting to ‘mug’ and older man

so he didn’t expect Jehovah to provide divine or physical protection

but he was provided some common sense protection….an accompanying brother

We have received quite a bit of safety reminders and suggestions related to health and well being and work-related safety

perhaps we all could benefit from applying common sense for our own protection these days

…and then… they took it back

New research showed that vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant carry tremendous amounts of the virus in the nose and throat, according to Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The finding contradicts what scientists had observed in vaccinated people infected with previous versions of the virus, who mostly seemed incapable of infecting others.

source:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/29/health/cdc-masks-vaccinated-transmission.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210729&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=67673044&segment_id=64811&user_id=6d4c6c3584f0fc31549b1985cc038d84

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, JW2017 said:

and now is paying 100usd for people getting the jab...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

…and then… they took it back

New research showed that vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant carry tremendous amounts of the virus in the nose and throat, according to Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The finding contradicts what scientists had observed in vaccinated people infected with previous versions of the virus, who mostly seemed incapable of infecting others.

source:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/29/health/cdc-masks-vaccinated-transmission.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210729&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=67673044&segment_id=64811&user_id=6d4c6c3584f0fc31549b1985cc038d84

When the brothers ask me do I have the symptoms, I tell them I have the same symptoms before the pandemic break out. They crack up. These 2 symptoms are not new to me. Bring out more symptoms! I probably have them too.

5 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

When the brothers ask me do I have the symptoms, I tell them I have the same symptoms before the pandemic break out. They crack up. These 2 symptoms are not new to me. Bring out more symptoms! I probably have them too.

Dear Brother Glen... craving for Chocolate is NOT a symptom. is that clear?

Having chocolate daily is recommended. It is a 'vegetable '. Vegetables are plants and chocolate comes from plants thus chocolate is a vegetable.  Have you had your serving of vegetables today?😛

Edited by pnutts

spell check

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Each infected infects 8 or 9 others. So an R0 of 8 or 9.

With a viral load 1,000 time the original Wuhan variant, no wonder it has breached the defenses of so many countries.

They are now talking about a vaccine mandate. 😅

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/29/politics/cdc-masks-covid-19-infections/index.html

"The presentation also cites three reports that indicate the Delta variant -- originally known as B.1.617.2 -- might cause more severe disease.

The CDC, the document advises, should "acknowledge the war has changed." It recommends vaccine mandates and universal mask requirements."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/delta-variant-contagious-chicken-pox-150130522.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

The Delta Variant Is As Contagious As Chicken Pox. Here’s What That Means

In an internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report released on Friday, experts state that the COVID-19 Delta variant is more transmissible than the common cold, seasonal flu, and smallpox, and just as contagious as chickenpox. The New York Times was among several news outlets to obtain a copy of the internal document and reported that while CDC experts have publicly claimed that transmission of the Delta variant is rare among those who are vaccinated, internally “scientists have suggested it may be more common than once thought.”

40 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/delta-variant-contagious-chicken-pox-150130522.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

The Delta Variant Is As Contagious As Chicken Pox. Here’s What That Means

In an internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report released on Friday, experts state that the COVID-19 Delta variant is more transmissible than the common cold, seasonal flu, and smallpox, and just as contagious as chickenpox. The New York Times was among several news outlets to obtain a copy of the internal document and reported that while CDC experts have publicly claimed that transmission of the Delta variant is rare among those who are vaccinated, internally “scientists have suggested it may be more common than once thought.”

I think the “Delta” variant has driven a lot of fear and panic. 

Yesterday in the US, there were over 92,000 cases and 398 deaths. A year ago, July 28 2020 there were over 68,000 cases and over 1800 deaths.

These numbers show that there should be concern, but I don’t believe there is a reason to panic or fear. 

I think this proves vaccinations and natural immunity has made it MUCH less deadly based on the numbers compared to last year. 

So if you fear it and aren’t vaccinated, then think it about it.

But if you are vaccinated, you have really good protection based on the statistics here. 

Edited by Bob

47 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

until the boosters arrive, time is running out past the 6 month mark ! I figure by the time my 6 months is up I'll be in need of a refresh! Sept/Oct

Who knows? We’ll see for sure tho!

Delta is now in China

Nanjing: New virus outbreak worst since Wuhan, say Chinese state media https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-58021911

Testing has shown that the virus has now spread to at least 13 cities including Chengdu and the capital Beijing. 
However, experts quoted by the Global Times said they believed the outbreak was still at an early stage and could be controlled. 

Local officials in Nanjing said that seven of those infected were in critical condition. 
The new spike in cases has led some on Chinese social media to speculate about whether the Chinese vaccines were working against the Delta variant.
It is unclear if those infected were vaccinated. 

A number of South East Asian countries relying on Chinese vaccines have recently announced they will use other jabs.
China has so far managed to keep the virus largely under control by closing borders and moving quickly to stamp out local outbreaks. 

57 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Delta is now in China

Nanjing: New virus outbreak worst since Wuhan, say Chinese state media https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-58021911

Testing has shown that the virus has now spread to at least 13 cities including Chengdu and the capital Beijing. 
However, experts quoted by the Global Times said they believed the outbreak was still at an early stage and could be controlled. 

Local officials in Nanjing said that seven of those infected were in critical condition. 
The new spike in cases has led some on Chinese social media to speculate about whether the Chinese vaccines were working against the Delta variant.
It is unclear if those infected were vaccinated. 

A number of South East Asian countries relying on Chinese vaccines have recently announced they will use other jabs.
China has so far managed to keep the virus largely under control by closing borders and moving quickly to stamp out local outbreaks. 

The whole world is screw up. It has turn upside down almost for 2 years. The only way out of this is the NW.