JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

5 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

This is true sis. I hate to say this the WH will be in a lock down, no meeting at halls, not going out in the field into 2022. It is a total mess.

No meetings any time soon.  My husband is going to elder school again in March of 2022 and, they are doing it through Zoom.

I was speaking to a sister in the Australia branch 10 days ago and she was saying that people in Sydney were just carrying on as normal, behaving as if Covid wasn't there.

The attitude of all these ones protesting in Sydney and Melbourne on Saturday are similar to my neighbour. He doesn't believe that Covid is a real thing.  He thinks it's "just a variant of the flu. It's all media hype and exaggeration;  government repression to control of the masses. The number of deaths in India is not abnormal; because of the population size they have that number of deaths every year but now it's being blamed on Covid ......" etc. etc.

It's as if they are so scared of what is happening, they have to deny its existence to cope.  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

We also have a School for Elders scheduled for sometime in the 2022 service year.  It will be on Zoom.

The protesting in Australia made me think of the local needs part we had on neutrality.  What timely food that was.  This pandemic has tested us in that regard.  We need to remain neutral.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, On the huh said:

I'm getting confused as to the effectiveness of the vaccines.   It keeps changing.  One week its 80% effective, the next they say its only 60%, another time its something else.

What if this thing is seasonal like the flu and we are just not seeing as many cases right now?  I guess we will see how effective it is when fall/winter comes around.  Im keeping my mask on. 

My 4 yo son is in quarantine now bc he was exposed at a camp my wife insisted on sending him to (non JW).  

Natural Infection Confers Protection Against Severe Disease

It is now well-established that natural immunity develops upon infection with SARS-CoV-2 in a manner analogous to other coronaviruses. While natural infection may not provide permanent infection-blocking immunity, it offers anti-disease immunity against severe disease and death that is likely permanent.  Among the millions that have recovered from COVID19, exceedingly few have become sick again.

Source https://www.smerconish.com/exclusive-content/the-beauty-of-vaccines-and-natural-immunity

Natural infection typically confers better and broader protection, but this comes at a cost to those who are vulnerable to severe illness and death. For those in the vulnerable group, including the elderly and those with chronic disease, it is safer to acquire future protection against the disease via vaccination than by recovering from the disease.  At the same time, it makes little sense to ignore the scientific fact that infection does confer long-lasting future protection for the millions of people who have had COVID.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Thanks for the article. Interesting to see more and more are making it mandatory to vaccinate.

Dept. of Veterans Affairs mandates vaccine

Four VA employees, all of whom were unvaccinated, died in recent weeks, the department said. At least three of those cases were linked to the delta variant.

VA employees will have eight weeks to be fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated NYC municipal workers will have to get weekly testing

Workers in publicly run residential or congregate care facilities, like nursing homes, must present proof of vaccination even earlier, on Aug. 16.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced a similar mandate on Monday. Beginning on Aug. 9, state employees and health care workers must show proof of vaccination or get tested regularly.

6 hours ago, zoebarry said:

This pandemic will end at Armegeddon.

PERIOD.

I think so too. I think we quit going door to door bc its time, we are done. The winds were held back long enough for us to finish.  And besides the pandemic, the world was getting too bad to knock on doors.  I was starting to get worried about door to door.  It just seemed outdated.  And now we are doing the final sifting, searching for any last sheep, letter writing everyone.  How can we go back in the field?  Even if the pandemic totally ended tomorrow, door knocking just feels taboo now days (to me anyway).  I don't ever expect anyone to knock on my door unless they are invited over or its trouble knocking.  And we are not in our halls anymore, we are zoom literate and off-grid.  Things could deteriorate into the GT and we could just abandon our buildings and melt unnoticed into the background.  Or maybe sell the buildings before GT.  Either way we could go unnoticed during the attack on BTG since we aren't meeting publicly and aren't door2door.  Yeah, i think this is ending at Armageddon too.  Just my speculation.  

31 minutes ago, rolypoly said:

I think so too. I think we quit going door to door bc its time, we are done. The winds were held back long enough for us to finish.  And besides the pandemic, the world was getting too bad to knock on doors.  I was starting to get worried about door to door.  It just seemed outdated.  And now we are doing the final sifting, searching for any last sheep, letter writing everyone.  How can we go back in the field?  Even if the pandemic totally ended tomorrow, door knocking just feels taboo now days (to me anyway).  I don't ever expect anyone to knock on my door unless they are invited over or its trouble knocking.  And we are not in our halls anymore, we are zoom literate and off-grid.  Things could deteriorate into the GT and we could just abandon our buildings and melt unnoticed into the background.  Or maybe sell the buildings before GT.  Either way we could go unnoticed during the attack on BTG since we aren't meeting publicly and aren't door2door.  Yeah, i think this is ending at Armageddon too.  Just my speculation.  

For a very long time even before Covid, I would assume that anyone who knocks on my door has an intention to kill me or rob me, if I didn’t call for a chicken or something like that.

no one knocks on anyone’s door anymore.

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

1 minute ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

For a very long time even before GT, I would assume that anyone who knocks on my door only an intention to kill me or rob me, if I didn’t call for a chicken or something like that.

no one knocks on anyone’s door anymore.

Totally agree, I don't even open my door for anyone unless there’s an appointment.

It's just not socially "acceptable" anymore. At least here in the USA, people despise doorknockers, and the only ones who do are salespeople or us. Only delivery people are expected and welcome. I'm not saying we shouldn't go door-to-door, because face to face will always be the best. But I do wonder how things will work out if we go back. We may all be really rusty...

Edited by M.J.

I was shocked to read that the viral load of the Delta variant is 1,000 times more that the original wuhan covid-19 variant.

No wonder Singapore, Australia, etc are struggling to contain the Delta variant despite having previously effective isolation facilites.

One brother said: "Imagine an enemy attacking with 1,000X more soldiers!!"

How the Delta variant achieves its ultrafast spread

"Individuals infected with Delta also had viral loads up to 1,260 times higher than those in people infected with the original strain."

8 hours ago, M.J. said:

It's just not socially "acceptable" anymore. At least here in the USA, people despise doorknockers, and the only ones who do are salespeople or us. Only delivery people are expected and welcome. I'm not saying we shouldn't go door-to-door, because face to face will always be the best. But I do wonder how things will work out if we go back. We may all be really rusty...

The whole world has change, going back door to door  will be challenging. With Jehovah's help we will get through.

9 hours ago, rolypoly said:

I will not hold back on this one. I'm not heathy , yet door to door is my best part of the ministry. I love it! We do not know what Jehovah has in store for us in the future. If going back door to door, are you not going to do this because it is outdated? How about the Judgement Message?? Some friends will become goats and  die because they will refuse to do this. Regarding door to door, I rather be square now than round later.

27 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The whole world has change, going back door to door  will be challenging. With Jehovah's help we will get through.

People will be exasperated... we will have to reassure them : Don't worry, we aren't here to talk about the vaxx... we are not from the Government, even if we go from door to door... :D 

So unfortunately-I’ve been in Hospital for a bit  now …. Who knew getting tooth pulled - then taking too much Aleve (ibuprofen)(NSAID) could burn a whole threw your stomach lining and cause bleeding… crazy blood issues ill discuss another day….

anyway

they moved me 4 times while in ICU/PCU

when I asked why the nurses keep saying COVID

the 8th floor is already entirely Covid - now 1/2of ICU-is COVID

today they tell me1/2 the 4th floor isCovid 

the nurses say it is almost entirely from UNVACCINATED and mostly younger people - 20-50s

3 on the floor above me are local witnesses from a sister hall - husband/wife in 50s and the motherinlaw

got to watch some news - interviewing Italian journalist and medical personnel

he mentioned the new law in Italy that requires VAX for entry to public places

3.6million signed up immediately for the VAX (incentive)  -only 11% in that country opposeVAX andGreen card (proving VAX)

and they are mostly youth who argue the right to choose

(he said you are choosing….not to have VAX-butGOVT controls access to museums bars clubs)

the USjournalist admitted that most of the anitVAX is politically based in the US or purposeful political misinformation here in the US

Yesterday 7/27 - 60large medical agencies signed a letter recommending VAX and recommending restrictions for the unvaccinated (first time that many gotbehind this initiative )

here…in this hospital the doctors and nurses (approx 40-50) all refer to unvacccinated as ‘Stupid’

they have admitted that there are ….a very few exceptions - such as autoimmune disorder

they said the rest are ‘sheep’ following the winds of politics

its interesting to hear from them directly and when they think no one is listening

hospital is over capacity AGAIN - and they are worn out and complaining about ANTI-VAX

its sad seeing so many on ventilators - and young ….not old

I was happy to share what i recently watched on GB update 6

where we hear so many JWs are ‘Actively’ pursuing methods to limit exposure and infection

BE SAFE OUT THERE - we love you and want you to stick around for a long while 

9 hours ago, M.J. said:

Edited 8 hours ago by M.J

I know what you mean I feel the same way, although It doesn’t bother me if it’s socially acceptable, the US are pretty much the same as the AU, but Babylon the great is to blame for all of  that, Noahs day was the same remember.

But also peoples materialistic and hectic life styles make people more annoyed at us because they feel God and spiritual things aren’t of any benefit in there lives. 

I also do recognise the need that we need to adapt to peoples high paced life styles aswell as the pandemic being with mankind for the foreseeable future. 

The Judgement message will probably have to be a bit more open then just letters and phone call witnessing though.

6 minutes ago, Godskingdomrules said:

although It doesn’t bother me if it’s socially acceptable

When Jonah prophesied, he stood in the town square and shouted out the message. If we did that today it would be unwelcome as that method is not socially unacceptable in our time and age. The modern Org used to use sound cars and blast the message through loudspeakers. It used to be socially acceptable. Now it's not. 

Edited by M.J.