JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Lockdowns...restrictions ...people are not happy about them ...:nope:

At work I meet various people...almost all of them complain about government, and how it handles pandemic, instead getting involved in political discussion I simply state...

Do you know that new government is already in place? 

Yesterday I had opportunity to witness to Yuri, lawyer originally from Russia, at the end I gave him jw.org card and directed him to our website for more information.

Despite pandemic, I am happy ...let's just keep going folks... the end is not far off!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I'm going to be honest. I just don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to covid and the vaccination. Because while a lot of conspiracies are easily ignored, and obviously fake. The ones of 'plandemic' and covid being depopulation isn't something so far out, for the government to do things for money, since medicine even now only cures symptoms and not the actual sickness. But grandma was also big into alternative health so I grew up with her view on the FDA and whether to trust it or not.

But like as a hypochondriac, I was already afraid of the vaccine side effects like I am any medicine. Now with all the information from every side, I don't know what to do. I'm paranoid of covid, but paranoid of the vaccine as well. Yet I have to fly to Maryland early August, and haven't left the house except for occasionally in a year X_X

I'm hoping if I double (or triple mask) and use sanitizer constantly while ninjaing around the crowds it will be fine. But just. Ergh.

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

I'm going to be honest. I just don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to covid and the vaccination. Because while a lot of conspiracies are easily ignored, and obviously fake. The ones of 'plandemic' and covid being depopulation isn't something so far out, for the government to do things for money, since medicine even now only cures symptoms and not the actual sickness. But grandma was also big into alternative health so I grew up with her view on the FDA and whether to trust it or not.

But like as a hypochondriac, I was already afraid of the vaccine side effects like I am any medicine. Now with all the information from every side, I don't know what to do. I'm paranoid of covid, but paranoid of the vaccine as well. Yet I have to fly to Maryland early August, and haven't left the house except for occasionally in a year X_X

I'm hoping if I double (or triple mask) and use sanitizer constantly while ninjaing around the crowds it will be fine. But just. Ergh.

Some people do die after the vaccination.. but it's very tricky to tell if that was the direct consequence of vaccination..

Even if the possibility of dying is extremely low, if it happens to you, you should take the consequence.. 

But the entire population's vaccination is like..a..necessary evil... that's better for most but worse for a few unfortunate ones. 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

10 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

But the entire population's vaccination is like..a..necessary evil

Well, maybe not the entire population. At first it was said herd immunity could be reached with around 70%-75% vaccination.  Sofia said with the variants that they are now pushing for 90%.  So, definitely the vast majority. 

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

Not telling you what to do.  The JW branches and HQs have already been vaccinated.  The brothers have there own doctors and scientist that look into these matters. 

I admit, some people might have an allergic reaction to it (some).  It is a matter of conscience.  What do you know about the vaccine?  Where are you getting this information, media, friends, family?

Educate yourself and then make an educated decision.

My fleshly brother told me he's not taking it because the vaccines have a chip and the government can follow you around.

I told him to throw his cell phone out because they can find you easier.

Its sad that it has come down to this.  This Pandemic was politisized that the public has been so ill-informed that that many people are still dieing with the Covid.

12 minutes ago, cme said:

My fleshly brother told me he's not taking it because the vaccines have a chip and the government can follow you around.

Oh well! 

My Moderna done CHIPPED me!

Poor me. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I'm not afraid of a chip. Though my aunt keeps sending me videos claiming the vaccine sheds and will kill those that have it and those in contact, later when they release the real virus. I am not saying there's truth in any of that. That's just what she keeps sending me.

My fears, are mostly, as I said I'm a hypochondriac. I don't want to be that one in million chances that gets a blood clot or myocarditis, or brain damage, etc. Yes, they're rare. I understand this. But if you don't know what hypochondriasis, is, it's a disorder that has your brain think you're dying constantly. (I've called 911 and gone to the hospital more than a cancer patient in the past.)  So I'm both equally afraid of dying from Covid, and being that rare death from the vaccination.

Then added to that as a side, the conspiracy theories don't help.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Just think about it, Melbourne is entering snap 5 day lockdown today with 5km limit, and our cases are nothing of your huge numbers. 

Also it's better to be "annoyed" and put up with restrictions.. with the smile on our face, then seeing someone dying in the hospital due to Covid. 

I view restrictions and lockdowns as opportunity to do phone witnessing, and giving others hope that they desperately need at the moment. :) The bigger picture of the Kingdom arrangement gives me strength to carry on. 

Critical times indeed. 

Yeah i know… I was just having a Little vent on my situation of inconvenience. As I said I know its nothing compared to our brothers and sisters in india, South America, Indonesia and Africa to mention just a few, our problems pale in comparison. I guess it just been over a year and half now of the pandemic and it’s kind of getting old, aswell of the results of no in person meetings and letter and phone witnessing only and lockdowns, I find these times exciting as part of the last days and the last rider of the four horsemen. 
But I guess its just the time period between now and the GT that calls for endurance and patience, but also increased activity.

And Yes keep focusing on the bigger picture indeed. 

People need hope for the future in this dying world.

16 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I'm not afraid of a chip. Though my aunt keeps sending me videos claiming the vaccine sheds and will kill those that have it and those in contact, later when they release the real virus. I am not saying there's truth in any of that. That's just what she keeps sending me.

My fears, are mostly, as I said I'm a hypochondriac. I don't want to be that one in million chances that gets a blood clot or myocarditis, or brain damage, etc. Yes, they're rare. I understand this. But if you don't know what hypochondriasis, is, it's a disorder that has your brain think you're dying constantly. (I've called 911 and gone to the hospital more than a cancer patient in the past.)  So I'm both equally afraid of dying from Covid, and being that rare death from the vaccination.

I know what it is.  I have a friend that has it.  I know its not easy. But, educate yourself before making any decisions. Take care.

4 hours ago, cme said:

Much more effective to put such a chip in something innocent like a soft drink, bottle of water, insert it into the driver's license....

But no, people want to believe in done Hollywood style conspiracy fiction. 

4 hours ago, Nirex said:

My fears, are mostly, as I said I'm a hypochondriac. I don't want to be that one in million chances that gets a blood clot or myocarditis, or brain damage, etc.

Then stay home, pull the covers over your head, and never go anywhere again. 

Life is full of those "1 in a million risks.". How many people die in a traffic accident each year or get hit crossing the road?  You never know when the next mass shooter will strike or some idiot drops large rocks off overpasses onto cars on the interstate.  Planes still crash.  Food gets recalled for salmonella or listeria. 

Of course, you're not safe at home either, what with tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, flooding, or some other natural disaster. 

We can let fear rule our lives and we can become a hostage to our own phobias. 

4 hours ago, Nirex said:

So I'm both equally afraid of dying from Covid, and being that rare death from the vaccination.

The risk of dying of covid is several magnitudes higher than that of dying as a result of the vaccine. Just compare the 607,000 people killed by covid in the US to the 6079 cases of people who reportedly died after receiving the vaccine (which doesn't mean necessarily they died as a consequence of the vaccine).

23 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Life is full of those "1 in a million risks.". How many people die in a traffic accident each year or get hit crossing the road?  You never know when the next mass shooter will strike or some idiot drops large rocks off overpasses onto cars on the interstate.  Planes still crash.  Food gets recalled for salmonella or listeria. 

Of course, you're not safe at home either, what with tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, flooding, or some other natural disaster. 

You're not being very sensitive. 

Do you talk like that to friends with mental problems? "Just get over it?"

Some fears are irrational!

Logic and statistics won't help. 

4 hours ago, Nirex said:

My fears, are mostly, as I said I'm a hypochondriac. 

I'm sorry that your aunt sends you these things Regina. Sometimes family feels free to do things like that. Since she has a habit of doing it maybe don't read what she sends as soon as you see it going in that direction. I like 2 Thess. 2:1,2, speaks of not being quickly shaken from your reason.

There's a reason the GB is telling us to stay calm and trust. Jehovah has this! 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

38 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

You're not being very sensitive. 

Do you talk like that to friends with mental problems? "Just get over it?"

Some fears are irrational!

Logic and statistics won't help. 

While you have misquoted me, because I never said "just get over it," if that's how I came across, then I apologize.  

Edited by Shawnster

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

While you have misquoted me, because I never said "just get over it," if that's how I came across, then I apologize.  

I didn't quote you. (That's just how I imagined you talking to someone...)

But yes, that's how you came across. 

We have to be careful with our words. Things that might make sense or seem clear to us might be totally different to someone else. We wouldn't want to get anyone even more down on themselves...

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

You obviously don't have any experience of dealing with a phobia or you surely wouldn't have spoken like that.  

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

5 hours ago, Nirex said:

I feel EXACTLY this way (with the exception of the conspiracy theories). On top of it all, I also have two children to make this decision for. It seems like a choice I will never be able to make, even though I would really like to get the vaccine! I'm no closer one way or the other than I was months ago. I just try to take it one day at a time, and lean on Jehovah through it all.

Edited by D_Kins

6 hours ago, Nirex said:

My fears, are mostly, as I said I'm a hypochondriac

I am so sorry that you deal with phobias. It is sadly another form of imperfection that some have to deal with. Physical, mental and emotional issues plague everyone in one form or another.

Here is a good magazine that offers some practical advice.

Tormented by Phobias https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=101998521&srctype=wol&srcid=share

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Nirex said:

My fears, are mostly, as I said I'm a hypochondriac.

I suffer from anxiety disorder so I can’t compare myself directl6 to you I’d like to share what helps me in situations or d3cision l8ke this. 

I pray and make a table with all the pros and cons and to each item I put how much weight each argument has. When I see it in writing it’s easier to look at the issue rationally and make a decision. Then I still feel fear but do it anyway (or try doing it). 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

4 hours ago, carlos said:

The risk of dying of covid is several magnitudes higher than that of dying as a result of the vaccine. Just compare the 607,000 people killed by covid in the US to the 6079 cases of people who reportedly died after receiving the vaccine (which doesn't mean necessarily they died as a consequence of the vaccine).

and imagine that those who died from vaccine actualy most likely would have died from covid anyway.

This is important to keep in our minds...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”