JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, On the huh said:

More than football is coming home.

Already here in Portugal: 4th wave

no picnic

we are seen in tire families of jw infected… pregnant sisters delivering their babies in emergency c sections and then in coma… this is no pic nic

its real bad

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Yes - this has been on the watch for a while now - on the rise in several states

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-covid-cases-10-percent-hypertransmissible-delta-variant-spreads-n1272895

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

The delta variant now accounts for a quarter of all new cases, and has been detected in all 50 states. Its rapid spread is sure to make it the dominant U.S. strain within the coming weeks, she said. 

The seven-day average of new cases this week was about 12,600 cases, up 10 percent compared to last week's average, Walensky said. "We don't want to alarm people," she told NBC News after the briefing, "but we follow these numbers really, really carefully."

While new cases are nowhere near the January peak of more than 247,000 Covid-19 cases per day, the shift makes some experts "a little nervous."

3 hours ago, Chachanee said:

Yes - this has been on the watch for a while now - on the rise in several states

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-covid-cases-10-percent-hypertransmissible-delta-variant-spreads-n1272895

I think the good news from the article is that the vaccination reduced the disease severity and that 66.5% have had one dose of the vaccine:

"For now, the uptick in Covid-19 cases does not appear to translate into more severe disease, at least on a national level. The seven-day average of Covid-19 hospitalizations across the U.S. has fallen by about 1 percent from last week, she said.

The vaccines work well against all the variants in the U.S., including the delta variant, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Insitute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during the briefing.

As of Thursday, 66.5 percent of adults had received at least one dose."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/02/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

3 hours ago, Chachanee said:

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

The delta variant now accounts for a quarter of all new cases, and has been detected in all 50 states. Its rapid spread is sure to make it the dominant U.S. strain within the coming weeks, she said. 

The seven-day average of new cases this week was about 12,600 cases, up 10 percent compared to last week's average, Walensky said. "We don't want to alarm people," she told NBC News after the briefing, "but we follow these numbers really, really carefully."

While new cases are nowhere near the January peak of more than 247,000 Covid-19 cases per day, the shift makes some experts "a little nervous."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/02/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

25 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

next year

I don t think so... I dont think we will ever meet again on KH.

But if we will, it wont be so soon. Not when it looks safe.

Only when Jehovah says ITS SAFE.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

29 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I don t think so... I dont think we will ever meet again on KH.

But if we will, it wont be so soon. Not when it looks safe.

Only when Jehovah says ITS SAFE.

The US Branch has recently directed the local Assembly Hall to perform necessary maintenance work to prepare the Assembly Hall to be used. I was invited to service the baptism pool yesterday and get it ready to be used. This isn't inside information or confidential information, all of the volunteers that regularly work at the Assembly Hall are aware that the hall is being prepared to be used.

However, this does not indicate when it will be used. The brothers are using wisdom and discernment to be ready when Jehovah directs us to use it again.

We don't know if we will ever go back to the Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls, but we do know that the brothers are discreet and are ensuring that everything will be ready when Jehovah says it time to resume meeting together.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We have had the LDC brothers visiting our hall throughout the pandemic, inspecting and making plans for the refurbishment.  It will go ahead when all plans are made and safe to do so.  Of course, a brother still does the weekly checks.  Someone removes the weeds regularly and keeps the outside grounds looking nice.  We don't want it looking like Jerusalem after the 70 years when we return. 

54 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

If the Organization was not planning on returning to the Kingdom Halls ever again, they would start selling off the existing ones. 

Oh really?

I thought they would be necessary after Armageddon.

I mean not all will be rubble and dirt

No need to sell what can be useful later. 🤷‍♀️

my opinion only🤷‍♀️

Just a thought…🙄

18 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Oh really?

I thought they would be necessary after Armageddon.

I mean not all will be rubble and dirt

No need to sell what can be useful later. 🤷‍♀️

my opinion only🤷‍♀️

Just a thought…🙄

After Armageddon the brothers can use any building they want, it doesn't have to be a Kingdom Hall.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

After Armageddon the brothers can use any building they want, it doesn't have to be a Kingdom Hall.

Agree :)

But if the KH already exist and are good enough no need for sell (?)

I give you an example:

Our KH is completely surpassed. 2 congregations reunited there. It will be sold soon. 

New place is yet to be found and a new building will be constructed. 

Makes a lot of sense for the near future, whatever is before GT or after Armagedon. 

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Agree :)

But if the KH already exist and are good enough no need for sell (?)

I give you an example:

Our KH is completely surpassed. 2 congregations reunited there. It will be sold soon. 

New place is yet to be found and a new building will be constructed. 

Makes a lot of sense for the near future, whatever is before GT or after Armagedon. 

What count the most is just being there sis.

Why waste money on upkeep, maintenence, insurance, taxes, etc... if the Organization planned on never returning to the Kingdom Halls? That would not make the best use of dedicated funds. 

Unless the great tribulation and Armageddon is expected this year, then the only reason to keep them but not use them would be wasteful. The further away Armageddon is, the more dedicated funds would be wasted on keeping buildings without using them. 

On the other hand, if the plan is we will return to the Kingdom Halls for in person gatherings before the end of the system, then they need kept and maintained. 

14 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Why waste money on upkeep, maintenence, insurance, taxes, etc... if the Organization planned on never returning to the Kingdom Halls? That would not make the best use of dedicated funds. 

Unless the great tribulation and Armageddon is expected this year, then the only reason to keep them but not use them would be wasteful. The further away Armageddon is, the more dedicated funds would be wasted on keeping buildings without using them. 

On the other hand, if the plan is we will return to the Kingdom Halls for in person gatherings before the end of the system, then they need kept and maintained. 

makes sense, thank you :)

The latest instructions for Health and Hygiene for Kingdom Halls, though not directed at Covid19, would have little value if we were not looking at getting back to our meetings at the KH.

Why hand sanitizers if the Hall is to remain unoccupied? 

Why special signage if no one is there to read the special signs?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

The latest instructions for Health and Hygiene for Kingdom Halls, though not directed at Covid19, would have little value if we were not looking at getting back to our meetings at the KH.

Is that document available to everyone?

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The US Branch has recently directed the local Assembly Hall to perform necessary maintenance work to prepare the Assembly Hall to be used. I was invited to service the baptism pool yesterday and get it ready to be used. This isn't inside information or confidential information, all of the volunteers that regularly work at the Assembly Hall are aware that the hall is being prepared to be used.

However, this does not indicate when it will be used. The brothers are using wisdom and discernment to be ready when Jehovah directs us to use it again.

We don't know if we will ever go back to the Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls, but we do know that the brothers are discreet and are ensuring that everything will be ready when Jehovah says it time to resume meeting together.

Yep, we are maintaining our KH to be operational as soon as we are told to use it, in fact we are having big maintenance taking place this month. 

But reality on the ground is that I do not see KH opening this year at all. :nope: (at least here in Australia, as vaccinations are so slow...) 

Regardless we are prepared for any eventuality. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There is a mighty message that I see many of our forum have not noticed. 

World headquarters, perhaps 95% vaccinated.

Positive comments on vaccination .

Obvious planning on re-opening KHs.

No supportive comments as to why some might not want to be vaccinated, except, "It is your decision."

Considerable comment on we are not going back to our KHs until it is safe. +++

What could make it safe?

Perhaps 95% of us being vaccinated? 

If not vacinated enjoy KHConf.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 minutes ago, Old said:

There is a mighty message that I see many of our forum have not noticed. 

World headquarters, perhaps 95% vaccinated.

Positive comments on vaccination .

Obvious planning on re-opening KHs.

No supportive comments as to why some might not want to be vaccinated, except, "It is your decision."

Considerable comment on we are not going back to our KHs until it is safe. +++

What could make it safe?

Perhaps 95% of us being vaccinated? 

waiting for my 2nd dose vaccine 

8 hours ago, Old said:

Some kingdom halls have several congregations or language congregations meeting there and brothers  from different congregations occasionally go by the hall to care for publication requests and shipment arrivals if any, or maintenance work. 

Also at our double KH there are two couples in special full-time service living there. Any visitor drop-ins have to register ahead to make an appointment, then sign a registration form at the entrance, and then use a disinfectant spray to wipe down any surfaces touched before signing off, locking up doors or gates. Also only an allotted time is allowed, except maybe if someone is doing outside gardening or maintenance.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

7 hours ago, Old said:

Or Zoom. All the elders I've talked to in multiple congregations have said that some form of video conference for meetings will always continue even after we return to the Hall. This provision will even be useful during inclement weather. Instead of canceling meeting due to ice or snow, we can simply hold it over Zoom. 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Instead of canceling meeting due to ice or snow, we can simply hold it over Zoom.

I can see new congregations being formed for those that want to stay on zoom or for health reasons, age, lack of transportation etc., especially for service . Zoom East, west, north , south! Sign me up!