JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

8 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Sofia, please don't post the same thing in multiple discussions.

Oh Im sorry. I realized this was the wrong topic but it was supposed to be on the research. Please is it possible to erase here my post? thank you for correcting me Shawn :) 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 4:49 AM, cme said:

New York is doing well.  Restaurants are open.  Distance is still encouraged.  About 90% of the bethel family are vaccinated but, they are still in lockdown.

We will see what this summer brings.  GB will re-visit the issue again in August.   

If they are vaccinated and the vaccine works, why are they still on lockdown? 

That makes no sense. Why bother getting it if you have to be in lockdown afterwards? 🤔  

46 minutes ago, Trekkinginspace said:

That makes no sense. Why bother getting it if you have to be in lockdown afterwards? 🤔  

Good questions my sis. The brothers do not want to rush into this. This is a worldwide organization. Many parts of the world is a mess. This is not over yet. My bet is that they might extend the lock down even further. The world is rushing into this to get over with and it is not working too. We must be cool on this and leave it into Jehovah’s hands.

36 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Good questions my sis. The brothers do not want to rush into this. This is a worldwide organization. Many parts of the world is a mess. This is not over yet. My bet is that they might extend the lock down even further. The world is rushing into this to get over with and it is not working too. We must be cool on this and leave it into Jehovah’s hands.

Actually I thought about it and came to the conclusion that perhaps the Bethelites took it upon themselves to get vaccinated and the gb decided to still keep the lock down in place. Regardless, you are correct. The best thing to do is leave it in Jehovah's hands. I just don't appreciate being pressured to take the jab. I'm glad the gb gives us the option.  Conditions are getting worse. It's like everyone has lost all reason and we are in an episode of the Twilight Zone. 

Edited by Trekkinginspace

fix formatting error

3 hours ago, Trekkinginspace said:

Because the Organization is being extra cautious.  Extra cautious.  They need to keep Bethel facilities Covid free because any disease in an enclosed institution and residence could be disastrous.  You saw what happened on the Enterprise.

Bethel is actually seeing the easing of some restrictions.  The problem in trusting whatever you read on social media, however, is that not everyone has the most recent "gossip" from Bethel, the Organization isn't announcing to the entire world what their instructions are to Bethelites or those in special full time service, and not all of us have friends and family who are under the Organization's direct control in regards restrictions.  The result is a lot of gossip that might not be current or complete in every detail.

But, again, the Faithful and Discreet Slave is DISCREET.  Why bother giving us an announcement that the vaccines do not contain blood products when the simple fact is that no vaccines of any kind contain blood products.  Why?  Because they are discreet.  They take extra precautions.  They make double and triple sure.  

The Organization will review restrictions August 1.  At that time they will consider their next steps on when we begin opening up (or choose another date to review restrictions).  The information I heard is that the Organization is keenly interested in seeing how this winter goes in regards all the variants of Covid-19 that are out there.  They want to see how vaccinated people react to these new strains.  

Yes, the vaccines are out there and yes they work.  However, how much data is there on how the vaccines work?  How much time has elapsed?  I've only been vaccinated 2 months now.  I think the first mass vaccine roll out was only 4 months ago.  Part of being discreet might involve seeing how well the vaccines work over 6, 8, or 12 months.  

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Because the Organization is being extra cautious.  Extra cautious.  They need to keep Bethel facilities Covid free because any disease in an enclosed institution and residence could be disastrous.  You saw what happened on the Enterprise.

Bethel is actually seeing the easing of some restrictions.  The problem in trusting whatever you read on social media, however, is that not everyone has the most recent "gossip" from Bethel, the Organization isn't announcing to the entire world what their instructions are to Bethelites or those in special full time service, and not all of us have friends and family who are under the Organization's direct control in regards restrictions.  The result is a lot of gossip that might not be current or complete in every detail.

But, again, the Faithful and Discreet Slave is DISCREET.  Why bother giving us an announcement that the vaccines do not contain blood products when the simple fact is that no vaccines of any kind contain blood products.  Why?  Because they are discreet.  They take extra precautions.  They make double and triple sure.  

The Organization will review restrictions August 1.  At that time they will consider their next steps on when we begin opening up (or choose another date to review restrictions).  The information I heard is that the Organization is keenly interested in seeing how this winter goes in regards all the variants of Covid-19 that are out there.  They want to see how vaccinated people react to these new strains.  

Yes, the vaccines are out there and yes they work.  However, how much data is there on how the vaccines work?  How much time has elapsed?  I've only been vaccinated 2 months now.  I think the first mass vaccine roll out was only 4 months ago.  Part of being discreet might involve seeing how well the vaccines work over 6, 8, or 12 months.  

Exactly!

GB is cooperating with authorities 

All this is correct

thank you Bro Shawn 🙏👌👌👌👌👌

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

They need to keep Bethel facilities Covid free because any disease in an enclosed institution and residence could be disastrous.  You saw what happened on the Enterprise.

The information I heard is that the Organization is keenly interested in seeing how this winter goes in regards all the variants of Covid-19 that are out there.  They want to see how vaccinated people react to these new strains.  

Good point about the Enterprise. Things spread fast and before you know it you've deevolved or are sucked into playing a game that leaves you a mindless zombie. 

Thanks for the info. Glad they are being discreet. 

Edited by Trekkinginspace

6 hours ago, Trekkinginspace said:

I guess they don't want to require vaccine cards for the visitors. It's better to just wait and open things up for both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated at the same time. But that's just my guess.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

10 hours ago, Trekkinginspace said:

Some people really CAN’T get vaccinated because they’re immunocompromised or have allergic reactions. It’s safer to have everyone on lockdown in an enclosed space like Bethel if there’s even a slight chance that someone could still spread it to someone who can’t get vaccinated. 

As to the question of why bother to get it if you’re in lockdown anyway, people don’t get vaccinated just to avoid lockdowns. It’s for public health/safety. Some choose not to for whatever reason, and others can’t, but at least for now there’s no other safe and effective way to get the virus under control. 

Question.  Have all bethelites who have chosen to get the vaccine had both doses yet?  Or just their first?  Another reason to remain in lockdown.

For the UK, many in my age group would have had only one dose so far and we are waiting for the second.  I guess that would be the same for the bethelites in the Britain branch.  Then there is the two week wait.  I won't be fully vaccinated until August.

At the government press conference yesterday, when discussing why they are delaying the end of lockdown, the medical expert said that when you are unsure what is around the corner, you do not accelerate, you slow down.  They are unsure at the moment as to the effect of the Delta variant, so they need to slow down.  I thought that was a good reasonable explanation, although the delay has caused much criticism.

The GB are not going rush things just because Satan's world wants to rush and could end crashing into something.

12 hours ago, Trekkinginspace said:

Actually I thought about it and came to the conclusion that perhaps the Bethelites took it upon themselves to get vaccinated and the gb decided to still keep the lock down in place. 

I just want to mention that the Bethelites did not take it upon themselves to do that. I mean, how? They couldn't even leave the facilities. The branch went through a lot of work to locate enough vaccine doses and then organized the vaccinations. They had to prove that they had enough nurses and could logistically do it. Everybody who wanted to be vaccinated had to fill something out. Those on that list had to be in line on the roof of the parking garage to get the shot. 

When we mention that Bethelites are doing this, or doing that, it might be best to clarify what country or branch we are talking about.  Bethelites in the Britain branch have to leave and go out to get their vaccinations like everyone else.  Upon returning, they have to self-isolate.

Also the figures that are being mentioned about how many bethelites have been had the vaccine.  Is that worldwide, or just WHQ?

8 minutes ago, On the huh said:

Also the figures that are being mentioned about how many bethelites have been had the vaccine.  Is that worldwide, or just WHQ?

I've not seen any figures, just a vague reference like "many.". 

The wording in the announcement to the US Branch dated 4 June simply said "In cooperation with recommendations from public health officials, many in our Bethel families have already chosen to be vaccinated.". The announcement did not specify which Branch or territory. 

15 minutes ago, On the huh said:

When we mention that Bethelites are doing this, or doing that, it might be best to clarify what country or branch we are talking about.  

2 hours ago, blue-jay said:

I just want to mention that the Bethelites did not take it upon themselves to do that. 

^^^ this applies to the US branch.

Updated map on covid

scientist are worried…South America is lacking vaccines

and the pandemic is rising

BB505CDD-3847-4F5E-8C0C-DE7F1E720AFB.jpeg

Facemasks forever, WFH, self-isolation and travel quarantine to stay, and MORE restrictions in winter? Leaked Step 4 Whitehall document reveals how 'new normal' could look even AFTER July 19 new Freedom Day - as Boris faces Commons revolt in vote tonight

• Leaked Whitehall document has suggested that a number of restriction will stay even after new July 19 date  

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9692209/amp/Leaked-Step-4-Whitehall-document-hints-new-normal-July-19.html?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Facemasks forever, WFH, self-isolation and travel quarantine to stay, and MORE restrictions in winter? Leaked Step 4 Whitehall document reveals how 'new normal' could look even AFTER July 19 new Freedom Day - as Boris faces Commons revolt in vote tonight

• Leaked Whitehall document has suggested that a number of restriction will stay even after new July 19 date  

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9692209/amp/Leaked-Step-4-Whitehall-document-hints-new-normal-July-19.html?__twitter_impression=true

Check this out: https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/16/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

31 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Yes, thanks. In Portugal Delta is also increasing rapidly and cases are growing faster that we can follow! Portugal is very affected now.

Dont forget that so far vaccines are proven effective against it and who ever had COVID is also immune.

4 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Delta is also increasing rapidly and cases are growing faster that we can follow! Portugal is very affected now.

Dont forget that so far vaccines are proven effective against it and who ever had COVID is also immune.

Not 100%   In a Calgary, Alberta, Canada hospital 10 fully vaccinated got the delta.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

42 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Not 100%   In a Calgary, Alberta, Canada hospital 10 fully vaccinated got the delta.

I see, well it takes time to create immunity. Sometimes the vaccinated person gets the virus during the process :(:( 

5 minutes video - PLEASE WATCH and learn the truth about the new variants
the risks and and ...immunity!   In fact vaccines are still effective and after you catch covid you are protected against all variants.

We must avoid assuming that just because a variant dominates, it is significantly more transmissible.

There tends to be a trade-off between transmissibility and virulence. In general (but not exclusively), more virulent diseases have less opportunity to transmit because they kill or debilitate their host before they can pass the virus on. In other words, it is often of evolutionary benefit for a virus to keep its hosts alive and avoid becoming more virulent. But if what makes a virus more virulent also increases its transmissibility, then natural selection will favour the more virulent variants.  However, it is very unlikely that SARS-CoV-2 will morph into a significantly more virulent virus.

What should we do?

The presence of variants with slightly increased transmissibility, or slightly increased virulence, should not change how we deal with the virus.  Viral variants are expected, and the most likely outcome is that COVID-19 will settle into a seasonal pattern of ebb and flow, like most other respiratory viruses.  The virus may find one optimal variant and stick with it or switch back-and-forth between several dominant strains. Still, the important thing to remember is that both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are very likely to protect us from severe disease and death, regardless of which variant dominates at any given time.

Edited by Sofia