JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

7 hours ago, Loopy said:

I just saw somewhere this morning that Michigan has the highest numbers for the virus in the U S. 😢

As of yesterday, Alger county still has 307 cases. 

Yeah we had a spike here, but its been declining noticeably for almost 2 weeks now:

Coronavirus case average declines for 10th straight reported day, 38 new deaths on Wednesday, April 28 - mlive.com 

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I believe it will last as long as we need to use the new book to gather the last sheep before the GT. But... this is just my opinion. my opinion only.

The vaccination program is uneven around the World. And the pandemic is not even, around the World.

When all restrictions are over, then we may have more cases, hopefully most will be protected by then.

I see number of cases rising, but I dont see a raise in deaths. That may be a fruit of the vaccinations.

Keep on the Watch!

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

14 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I believe it will last as long as we need to use the new book to gather the last sheep before the GT. But... this is just my opinion. my opinion only.

The vaccination program is uneven around the World. And the pandemic is not even, around the World.

When all restrictions are over, then we may have more cases, hopefully most will be protected by then.

I see number of cases rising, but I dont see a raise in deaths. That may be a fruit of the vaccinations.

Keep on the Watch!

I hope I'm wrong. I told a brother yesterday that we are not meeting back this year. We do not know everything about this virus.

1 minute ago, Dustparticle said:

I hope I'm wrong. I told a brother yesterday that we are not meeting back this year. We do not know everything about this virus.

I agree with you

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

It will end, soon enough, IMO. The country is bigger than just the Northwest. There will be spikes. It the nature of pandemics. Ebbs and flows. 

I feel MUCH better than I did 8 months ago. Vaccines, treatments, education, are ALL much more advanced. There is light at the end of this tunnel for sure.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

It will end, soon enough, IMO. The country is bigger than just the Northwest. There will be spikes. It the nature of pandemics. Ebbs and flows. 

I feel MUCH better than I did 8 months ago. Vaccines, treatments, education, are ALL much more advanced. There is light at the end of this tunnel for sure.

Many doctors up in arms on this. So far, we we "so called" go back to normal, it goes up. It will take time to know about this virus.

10 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Many doctors up in arms on this. So far, we we "so called" go back to normal, it goes up. It will take time to know about this virus.

Well, I think we are now transitioning into study the long term affects of COVID infections. The genome was sequenced in January 2020 and we created vaccines based on that, which are extraordinarily effective. So we have the ability to fight COVID successfully (and we are). I think we know plenty about the virus itself. But there is obviously more to learn as you say.

In fact, the ability to treat COVID at home is gaining steam via a pill:

Pill to treat COVID-19 could be available year's end, Pfizer CEO says - CBS News

I am very optimistic. Because these sort of breakthroughs allow us to get back to lives we loved. 

35 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well, I think we are now transitioning into study the long term affects of COVID infections. The genome was sequenced in January 2020 and we created vaccines based on that, which are extraordinarily effective. So we have the ability to fight COVID successfully (and we are). I think we know plenty about the virus itself. But there is obviously more to learn as you say.

In fact, the ability to treat COVID at home is gaining steam via a pill:

Pill to treat COVID-19 could be available year's end, Pfizer CEO says - CBS News

I am very optimistic. Because these sort of breakthroughs allow us to get back to lives we loved. 

All round, the charts goes up and down. Now Turkey is getting hit hard. Let the good times roll.Graph showing cases by European countries

Many places are having surges again, Oregon being a current hotspot. https://www.oregon.gov/newsroom/Pages/NewsDetail.aspx?newsid=54627

Granted nothing lasts forever but we all need to stay diligent and careful. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My little town is having July 4 festivities. 

O yippieee!

Gotta rake 💰 from tourists 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/world/americas/covid-latin-america.html

After a Year of Loss, South America Suffers Worst Death Tolls Yet   April 29, 2021

Rafael Córdova, 50, an unemployed father of three, chatting with his wife in a tent he built at a squatter’s camp in southern Lima, where he hopes authorities will grant him a title to a small plot of land.

Rafael Córdova, 50, an unemployed father of three, chatting with his wife in a tent he built at a squatter’s camp in southern Lima, where he hopes authorities will grant him a title to a small plot of land.

He now struggles to pay for minutes on the one family phone so that his children can do class work. Meals are small. Debts are mounting. “Today I went to the market and bought a bag of fish bones and made soup,” he said.

In June, his wife, who had also had Covid, gave birth to twins prematurely. One daughter died days after birth, he said, and the second died about a month later. He had no money for a proper burial.

“I left the hospital with my daughter in a black plastic bag and got in a taxi and went to the cemetery,” he said. “There was no Mass, no wake. No flowers. Nothing.”

Some schools, universities and employers are going to require that their people are vaccinated as a condition for returning to the classroom or office.

The President is the Commander In Chief of the military. As such, he could require the active members of the military to get the vaccine. But he hasn't.

There must be a real concern on the part of the military brass that a significant number of personnel would resign if forced to take the vaccine. So, the promotion and advisement for everyone to get vaccinated has its limitations. 

Is the military or a big employer willing to lose up to 40% of its workers over this?  Who will blink first ?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/1/australia-bans-criminalises-arrivals-from-covid-hit-india

Australian residents and citizens who have been in India will be banned from entering Australia as of Monday and those who disobey will face fines and jail.

Health Minister Greg Hunt announced that anyone attempting to defy the new rules would be hit with fines of up to 66,600 Australian dollars ($51,800), five years in prison, or both, the Australian Associated Press reported.

The government will reconsider the restrictions on May 15.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

India takes 2nd place with the most Cases behind USA. Nearly 400,000 new cases every day.
With a population of 1.3 Billion, and little resources to stop the spread, it is a tragedy unfolding.
Brazil currently holds 2nd place for death count.
Critical Times for all...

Old (Downunder) Tone

India-2nd.thumb.png.58cf5fd02a2a13b18bb9aa94d030d17a.png
Cases.thumb.png.b294e0a5006bbae349332de32047c095.png
Deaths.thumb.png.62f1a28998bab3262046e7d64a061476.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

From reliable sources we are in it for the long haul.  We are not going to go back to normal (if ever) until there is zero pandemic.

We will continue to maintain distance, mask and avoid crowds until further notice with or without vaccine.

Love for neighbor and the brotherhood dictates this.  I guess we will continue to wait until the next update of the GB.

37 minutes ago, cme said:

From reliable sources we are in it for the long haul.  We are not going to go back to normal (if ever) until there is zero pandemic.

We will continue to maintain distance, mask and avoid crowds until further notice with or without vaccine.

Love for neighbor and the brotherhood dictates this.  I guess we will continue to wait until the next update of the GB.

I think we are all in agreement that love and respect for life will continue to dictate what we do. I appreciate the very conservative attitude the GB are sharing with us. However, this is a very fluid situation and the Branch recommendations will continue to adapt to changing circumstances in each area of the world. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://news.yahoo.com/travel-restrictions-covid-epicenter-india-022532866.html

Mon, May 3, 2021,

Travel Restrictions From COVID Epicenter India Came ‘Weeks’ Too Late  

A cataclysmic rise in COVID-19 cases on the Indian subcontinent was allowed to spread for too long before the Biden administration issued restrictions on travel, public health experts warn, a decision that could make thwarting potentially vaccine-resistant variants of the disease even more difficult just as America crosses a major milestone in vaccinations.

“Travel restrictions should have been imposed much earlier,” Lawrence Gostin, a professor of global health law and director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University.

“We have known for some time of the crisis in India—including worrying variants.”

13 hours ago, Mclove said:

https://news.yahoo.com/travel-restrictions-covid-epicenter-india-022532866.html

Mon, May 3, 2021,

Travel Restrictions From COVID Epicenter India Came ‘Weeks’ Too Late  

A cataclysmic rise in COVID-19 cases on the Indian subcontinent was allowed to spread for too long before the Biden administration issued restrictions on travel, public health experts warn, a decision that could make thwarting potentially vaccine-resistant variants of the disease even more difficult just as America crosses a major milestone in vaccinations.

“Travel restrictions should have been imposed much earlier,” Lawrence Gostin, a professor of global health law and director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University.

“We have known for some time of the crisis in India—including worrying variants.”

It's sad that you have to have the government step in and tell people the obvious - "DO NOT go into the midst of an area HARD HIT by a pandemic!" This should be common sense, eh? But apparently not - and then it is the government's fault for not forbidding people to do a thing they themselves should already avoid.  :nope:

But then again, we STILL have to tell people, "In the midst of a pandemic its a good idea to wash your hands regularly, physically distance from people where possible and wear a mask when around others that could infect you." That too should have been common sense.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

In the midst of a pandemic its a good idea to wash your hands regularly, physically distance from people where possible and wear a mask when around others that could infect you." That too should have been common sense.

And even in doing all of these things you can still get covid. My son, in Columbia South America has covid.  He is having a difficult time. He said he was truly surprised when he got it because he has been extraordinarily careful, doing all those above things and more. (Well the social distancing was hard because of being an elder and trying to help many of the families who have recently been dealing with covid and/or deaths because of covid in the families).  But that is also why he has been taking many extra precautions.   So yes all of those things are so important, and yes it is so sad that people need to be reminded of that. But remember dear friends, sometimes even those things are not enough. So please be on guard.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".