JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I don't see it becoming compulsory in the US.  Maybe. I can't rule it out. But it will be a long, contentious, and loud fight. 

Im also not seeing how vaccine passports can be legal and mandatory. HIPPA and medical privacy laws are already so convoluted.  An employer cannot ask an employee about their medical health care, but they can ask their customers? I see that as an idea that will be challenged in courts. 

Of course, laws are different when it comes to minors. 

On 4/10/2021 at 7:55 AM, Shawnster said:

I don't see it becoming compulsory in the US.  Maybe. I can't rule it out. But it will be a long, contentious, and loud fight. 

Im also not seeing how vaccine passports can be legal and mandatory. HIPPA and medical privacy laws are already so convoluted.  An employer cannot ask an employee about their medical health care, but they can ask their customers? I see that as an idea that will be challenged in courts. 

Of course, laws are different when it comes to minors. 

I thought the US gov ruled this out.

The White House has ruled out introducing mandatory federal Covid-19 vaccination passports, saying citizens' privacy and rights should be protected.

Schemes to introduce such passports have been touted around the world as a way to enable safe circulation of people while fighting the pandemic.

But critics say such documents could be discriminatory.

The US said it did not and would not support a "system that requires Americans to carry a credential".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56657194

It just seems like a scare tactic - to say it will be mandatory

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

I thought the US gov ruled this out.

Things can change 

Plus, as we see with marijuana laws, states have some leeway or can have laws contrary to federal laws. 

Actually, the US government said they will not introduce such a law. That still allows room for private businesses to require proof of vaccination.  Just like a business can require mask wearing without a federal mandate. 

The governent is not going to mandate anything directly.  Business will be under constraints to implement health measures.  There is no law that says you must wear a mask on a plane but try flying from New York to Dallas without one and see how far you get.

Americans are not quite ready to join us Europeans, but we are in a global program of social change and all nations will eventually conform.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-how-long-should-i-use-my-reusable-mask

The latest masks are for daily use. Each mask can be washed up to 30 times.  When used on a "wear one, wash one" cycle daily, each mask kit with a pair should last for two months. After that, the masks remain usable, but their anti-microbial effectiveness and filtration are less effective.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/us/michigan-covid-19-cases-increase/index.html

Michigan sees worrying spike in Covid-19 cases as state prepares to open mass vaccination site

Covid-19 infections are on the rise in over a dozen states across the country, with
Alabama (+90%), Delaware (+52%) and Michigan (+50%) among the states witnessing the largest spikes, according to Johns Hopkins University.

One example, she said, is the recent rollback of certain restrictions.
Whitmer eased restrictions earlier this month, increasing capacity limits at restaurants, retail stores and gyms from 25% to 50% capacity, with a maximum capacity of 100 people per locale.
  Morse said the rollback of restrictions has led to poor mask wearing. She also said that news of emerging vaccines led people to believe they could relax some of the their hygiene habits such as wearing masks.

I’m from Alabama, and the governor just ended the mask mandate April 9. It’s sad because now I’m sure the numbers will spike again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have one of those mask with filters but I would have to buy the disposable filters separately. 

https://www.etsy.com/

Face Mask With Filter Pocket - Reusable - Cotton Face Mask - Adjustable Ear Loops - Breathable - Washable - Nose wire

Mine doesn't have nose wire. However I struggle to breathe with even the 3 ply mask and will have to lift up the mask by the loops to help me to breathe. I think it is because of the hot weather and high humidity (80%) in this tropical country. I don't see other people having this problem though. I'm quite sure it has to do with my undiagnosed arteriosclerosis.

Presently I'm using the 5 cents (USD)  disposable masks. I will have to start to supplement it with an extra cloth mask on top of it.  I wonder if these throw away masks will lead to environmental issues  

https://www.kmvt.com/2021/03/24/billions-of-disposable-masks-produced-monthly-could-lead-to-environmental-damage/

https://ellessco.com/myair-mask/myair-technical-info

MyAir is an advanced filtration mask that is unique in several ways. While most masks simply block airborne particles, MyAir also retains 88% of the moisture from your exhaled breath, supporting health and hydration – in a comfortable, ultra lightweight and fashion-forward design. MyAir is also the only mask that has no seams, latex, elastic, buckles or straps. Coupled with the highest possible rate of airflow (>200 cubic feet per minute), that makes for an exceptionally comfortable product. MyAir filters block 99.997% of all viruses, bacteria, pollen, allergens & contaminants down to 0.1 microns. (Most masks block down to 0.3 microns at best.)

Illustration-adj-2-wider-png

Neurological and psychological sequelae

A retrospective study with almost 250,000 COVID-19 survivors shows that 33% of them had a neurological or psychiatric diagnosis in the following 6 months, particularly those who had severe COVID-19. However, almost 90% of these patients had already received a neurological or psychological diagnosis before COVID-19, and the reported symptoms ranged from dementia and stroke to anxiety and insomnia.

Protection by natural immunity

A follow-up study with over 25,000 health care workers in England shows that those with a previous history of SARS-CoV-2 infection had an 84% lower risk of infection and a 93% reduction in symptomatic infections for at least 7 months.

Two studies (one in Germany and one in Norway) provide a possible explanation for the rare thrombotic events associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine. In all the cases studied, researchers found antibodies that bind to and activate platelets. The mechanisms leading to the production or the activation of these antibodies are being investigated. Researchers will closely monitor this type of events with the other COVID-19 vaccines based on adenoviral vectors. In fact, the EMA is supporting studies to identify cases, look for potential causes or risk factors, and evaluate whether the risk can be cut by reducing the amount of vaccine administered in each dose.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Mclove said:

Yeah I have one of those mask with filters but I would have to buy the disposable filters separately. 

https://www.etsy.com/

Mine doesn't have nose wire. However I struggle to breathe with even the 3 ply mask and will have to lift up the mask by the loops to help me to breathe. I think it is because of the hot weather and high humidity (80%) in this tropical country. I don't see other people having this problem though. I'm quite sure it has to do with my undiagnosed arteriosclerosis.

Presently I'm using the 5 cents (USD)  disposable masks. I will have to start to supplement it with an extra cloth mask on top of it.  I wonder if these throw away masks will lead to environmental issues  

https://www.kmvt.com/2021/03/24/billions-of-disposable-masks-produced-monthly-could-lead-to-environmental-damage/

They’ve become the new plastic straws

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I’m from Alabama, and the governor just ended the mask mandate April 9. It’s sad because now I’m sure the numbers will spike again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might, or might not, depending on if people can maintain social distance.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Things can change 
 Plus, as we see with marijuana laws, states have some leeway or can have laws contrary to federal laws. 

Actually, the US government said they will not introduce such a law. That still allows room for private businesses to require proof of vaccination.  Just like a business can require mask wearing without a federal mandate. 

If you travel, proof of vaccination might be required by the country you travel to.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Please remove if this is not appropriate. 

If anyone is interested in wholesaling masks please contact me. I am also the contact in Europe and can send samples to distributors.

It's a Canadian manufacturing of masks company (I am closely related to the owners).

https://www.crownmutualgroup.com/

Edited by Lieblingskind

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

21 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Case in point 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/erie-county-plan-no-vaccine-no-entry-for-buffalo-bills-sabres-games-covid-19-coronavirus/71-dc507455-6306-47f8-ad25-d03da05e56c3

4 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

Please remove if this is not appropriate. 

If anyone is interested in wholesaling masks please contact me. I am also the contact in Europe and can send samples to distributors.

It's a Canadian manufacturing of masks company (I am closely related to the owners).

https://www.crownmutualgroup.com/

Any Chocolate?

How many of you think this COVID-19 will continue to the very day of GT, so that it will be a good reason for governments to attack us because we'll have been assembling and congregating?  And we will keep meeting digitally until we get together for the first time in forever and the last time? 

45 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

How many of you think this COVID-19 will continue to the very day of GT, so that it will be a good reason for governments to attack us because we'll have been assembling and congregating?  And we will keep meeting digitally until we get together for the first time in forever and the last time? 

We Witnesses won't be assembling and congregating as long as covid19 is a dangerous threat. 

The government will turn on Witnesses because we refuse to stop worshiping Jehovah after Babylon the Great is destroyed. Their anger will not be fueled by coronavirus concerns. 

Covid will be with us until Armageddon, yes.  This virus will never be eradicated.  It will become endemic, like the Influenza viruses.  It will become a part of life. 

44 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

We Witnesses won't be assembling and congregating as long as covid19 is a dangerous threat. 

The government will turn on Witnesses because we refuse to stop worshiping Jehovah after Babylon the Great is destroyed. Their anger will not be fueled by coronavirus concerns. 

Covid will be with us until Armageddon, yes.  This virus will never be eradicated.  It will become endemic, like the Influenza viruses.  It will become a part of life. 

I mean, at the very last moment of GT, (if COVID is still there), won't we gather together?

Then they would have a good reason to attack us. 

41 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I mean, at the very last moment of GT, (if COVID is still there), won't we gather together?

Then they would have a good reason to attack us. 

The Bible is consistently clear the reason they attack is because they want to end worship of Jehovah.  They won't be using any excuse such as "Witnesses are violating Covid-19 restrictions."  

When it comes to the final attack, that attack will not be couched or camouflaged or disguised in some altruistic excuse.  It will be clear to the entire world we are being attacked because we are Jehovah's Witnesses who refused to stop worshiping our God, Jehovah.